20 free stickers

Holy crap, I didn't know you could get something tangible out of attention-whoring what you're watching with Get Glue, pretty cool. My gf does this, I'll have to see if she realizes.

I didnt know you could get stickers from this? Wow, thats actually kind of cool, i think ill actually do this lol. Is it only actual stickers for the first 20 or is it every 20 they'll send you physical stickers?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']I didnt know you could get stickers from this? Wow, thats actually kind of cool, i think ill actually do this lol. Is it only actual stickers for the first 20 or is it every 20 they'll send you physical stickers?[/QUOTE]

There is a timer of some sort, can only order stickers every X many months. Not sure the exacts, I've received 4 sets now with a 5th on the way.

I've been doing this for a while now. As soon as I found out i can get stickers from them, I went balls out, especially one J. Cole, Wale, and WTT inspired ones. I'm a few days away from being able to order my third set. After my fourth, I'm not sure what else to go for since I'll pretty much have all the stickers I want. Now that WWE finally hopped on the bandwagon, I'll probably only be getting their stickers.

I thought this site was pretty well known considering all the big names that participate in it.

[quote name='The Bryant']
I thought this site was pretty well known considering all the big names that participate in it.[/QUOTE]

The site is definitely out there and plenty of people have heard of it, but it's poorly advertised.

The shows that I watch, at least, have only ever talked about "checking in" and sharing your favorite shows, which to me seemed like nothing more than boasting how good one's tastes are. Now that I know ACTUAL PHYSICAL THINGS are up for grabs, personally I have a better respect for the concept.

Don't hold your breath. A lot of stickers never came (They only print a few. It's first come first serve). Even under their new way "guaranteed" to come, I still miss an occasional sticker. They refuse to send them out again, because god forbid somebody who already has one gets a second one. Oh noes.

Collect them onsite only. Real life stickers aren't guaranteed, and take a while to arrive. Still haven't gotten Jan's requesteds stickers. At least under their old way, they came within 2 weeks. Those stickers they chose to send. A few stickers nobody ever got. How odd.

And their customer service stinks. They usually ignore your e-mails, then lie and say they replied. Well, where's the reply? Not in my mailbox? Not collected as Spam. Not misfiltered to a wrong folder. It's nowhere, because it's never been sent. My friends at such and such a station wnated me to have sticker? Well, why won't you send them, GetGlue?

They're forums are praise only. Don't even think about posting anything negative. and god forbid you ask about getting the owed stickers they refused to send originally. That's sin numeral uno to them.

Remember, you get what you pay for. They fold up the paper, and the stickers themselves are usually printed on the fold. They used to send individual stickers, but found out people really liked it that way. They had allowed you to punch out the stickers, but quickly dropped that as well.

but it's poorly advertised
GetGlue doesn't advertise much, because too much advertising would lead to false advertisment lawsuits.

make sure you only check in for stickers you want, they send a limited number (1 8x11 page) per month and if you bog it with junk check ins you will miss the ones you want.

[quote name='bamistic']make sure you only check in for stickers you want, they send a limited number (1 8x11 page) per month and if you bog it with junk check ins you will miss the ones you want.[/QUOTE]

Not really. You can only get 20 stickers at a time; so if you miss the ones you want, you will get them in the mail after your get your next 20 virtual stickers and order them.

So basically, doing junk check ins, while helpful when you're trying to reach the 20 sticker requirement to order, can result in making one wait a month to get other desired stickers.

Seems like a lot of time and effort to put in for a few stickers. I just wasted an hour and not even half way. Id rather have back my time and play video games and just buy some stickers lol.

Indeed stickers dont always arrive but 95% of the time they do. The stickers are about the size of a quarter but are still fun to collect. As stated above only get the stickers you really want. Getting all the stickers you can find just makes you wait months for the one you want.

gotten two sets promptly on time (with the one month wait between sets) and no issues at all. 3rd set should be ordered soon.

It seems pretty easy to me and actually enjoyable. There's not really any reason to hammer through and get all 20 stickers at once since you can only order once a month. I don't know anything about missing or folded stickers, but I'll post an update when my first pack comes.

[quote name='Rosterking']how do you unlock these stickers? I checked in a couple times for the one I wanted but nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

For tv shows, most of the time you have to check-in to the show while it's airing to get that week's sticker. Some shows have fan stickers for checking-in a certain number of times while it's airing.
For movies, there's usually a sticker for checking in before it comes out, while it's in its opening weekend, and one for the duration of its theater run.

This is a good website for seeing how you get certain stickers: http://getgluestickers.com/

Do they send out a shipping confirmation when you request your stickers? I hit 20 yesterday and told them to mail me my first set, but I haven't gotten any sort of mail saying they've been sent, or that I've even successfully requested stickers for that matter.

[quote name='SEH']Do they send out a shipping confirmation when you request your stickers? I hit 20 yesterday and told them to mail me my first set, but I haven't gotten any sort of mail saying they've been sent, or that I've even successfully requested stickers for that matter.[/QUOTE]

They don't send a confirmation email.
The closest to confirmation you can get is trying to go back to your sticker page and seeing what it says at the top about sending stickers. I think it tells you the next date you can redeem another batch if you've already redeemed within the last 30 days.

Ah, ok. Yeah, my page says I cant request more stickers until April 5th, so I guess it worked. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought to get some stickers, partly due to it filling with random ones for checking in so many times and liking a certain amount of shows. Hell, I only need 10 more to fill up a second batch.

[quote name='Arakias']Really? You need to work for stickers which are just advertisements?[/QUOTE]

If by "work" you mean clicking the check in button, then yes, you really have to work hard for these.

:roll:

[quote name='Arakias']Really? You need to work for stickers which are just advertisements?[/QUOTE]

Some of the stickers are pretty neat. I'm sure a collector would love them. I personally love that WWE has dishing out two new stickers every week and I especially love that I got my J. Cole, Wale, Hov, and Kanye stickers. Any random swag/accessories from things I like is always welcome, especially if it's free like this.

I think the stickers are very cool, I bet they become highly collectable down road, and free is free. I mean you can buy stickers...I also think checking in with your comments is fun and hardly work.

bread's done
Back