5 Used Blu-ray for $20 at Blockbuster Video

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know that there have been previous deals for used Blus at BBV, but I am unsure when they started the 5 for $20 deal (Any blu priced 9.99 or below). Any update from Hawaiiboy?

I grabbed the following:
The Men who stare at goats
Eat Pray Love
The Fighter
Bruno
Tooth Fairy

I'd be happy if they just dropped some of the prices of their $16.99 blu rays down to $9.99. they've had the same crap for the last 8 months without any real price drops. whelp, hopefully they'll do some price drops before they go out of business completely. (they're already going to close another 500 stores and I seriously doubt they will have ANY brick and mortar stores open in another year to 2 years at most)

Thanks op gonna check out my local BBV right now.
dfFDSVC

I'd appreciate it if someone could give a quick rundown of newer movies that they've found that are included in this sale.

I'm looking for Thor and Captain America specifically but also any of the newer releases like The Adjustment Bureau, I Am Number Four, Super 8, Buried, The Rite, The Mechanic, Scream 4, Cowboys & Aliens, Fright Night, Priest, The Eagle and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I assume a lot of those are still over $9.99 but you never know.

[quote name='Lucky13']I'd appreciate it if someone could give a quick rundown of newer movies that they've found that are included in this sale.

I'm looking for Thor and Captain America specifically but also any of the newer releases like The Adjustment Bureau, I Am Number Four, Super 8, Buried, The Rite, The Mechanic, Scream 4, Cowboys & Aliens, Fright Night, Priest, The Eagle and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I assume a lot of those are still over $9.99 but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Super 8 was 9.99. I got it last time I did the sale last month.

[quote name='HunteR7411']I know that there have been previous deals for used Blus at BBV, but I am unsure when they started the 5 for $20 deal (Any blu priced 9.99 or below). Any update from Hawaiiboy?
[/QUOTE]
The 5 for $20 sale started back up on 1/30. can see post here from hawaiiboy

Beginning tomorrow the prices go back to how they used to be 3 for $20 on titles $14.99 and 5 for $20 on $9.99 and under. Games are not part of any deal and just go back to Normal prices.

[quote name='wormraper']I'd be happy if they just dropped some of the prices of their $16.99 blu rays down to $9.99. they've had the same crap for the last 8 months without any real price drops. whelp, hopefully they'll do some price drops before they go out of business completely. (they're already going to close another 500 stores and I seriously doubt they will have ANY brick and mortar stores open in another year to 2 years at most)[/QUOTE]

They've been having this 5 for $20 used blu-ray sale for quite a long time....and yeah, they never drop the prices on their new*er* blu-rays. They've had the same shit priced at $16.99 like you said, for forever! That doesn't make me want to buy anything from Blockbuster! Here are some titles STILL marked at that price that I saw today: Tron Legacy, The Eagle, Thor, Captain America, ETC.....it's ridiculous how long these things have been out!

And I really wish they would start the brand new blu-ray deal up again...3 for $25 I think it was? Although it seems like my Blockbuster never gets new copies of stuff in....and if they do it's priced over $20 which wouldn't qualify for the deal :(

Went in about a month ago, had a combo deal at my blockbuster(5 for 25?) was looking hard for Hanna but no luck on either dvd or blu...gonna try again.

I haven't been in a Blockbuster in years, do you need a membership (from what I remember) to step in a store and look around?

Today I went to one of the three stores still open in my state and it turns they are closing. They had a pretty decent selection and all blu-ray's were $2.90 regardless of the price they were marked. I ended up getting 110.

This deal has been going on since last year except for a few months around the holidays... Considering two of the 3 BB's near me are now closing up shop, I dont expect to be doing much more shopping there

The spring sale at BBV is going on today/tomorrow, and if you haven't checked your store's inventory in a while, you might want to check it out. I saw a large number of discounted new Blu's, but the 5 for 20 section has been refreshed/refilled. Ended up with
Guardians of Gahoole
Social Network
Pirates on Stranger Tides
and Rambo #s 2 and 4

[quote name='brianace']The spring sale at BBV is going on today/tomorrow, and if you haven't checked your store's inventory in a while, you might want to check it out. I saw a large number of discounted new Blu's, but the 5 for 20 section has been refreshed/refilled. Ended up with
Guardians of Gahoole
Social Network
and Rambo #s 2 and 4[/QUOTE]

however they haven't added any NEW titles or price drops in the 5 for $20 for over 6 months. I went in today and like you said they refilled the same ole crap titles again but they have CRAPLOADS of $16.99 titles that haven't dropped in forever

[quote name='brianace']The spring sale at BBV is going on today/tomorrow, and if you haven't checked your store's inventory in a while, you might want to check it out. I saw a large number of discounted new Blu's, but the 5 for 20 section has been refreshed/refilled. Ended up with
Guardians of Gahoole
Social Network
and Rambo #s 2 and 4[/QUOTE]

The sale is only on Saturday and Sunday?

[quote name='Animal7390']5 for 40 new, bam, would love to see that again.[/QUOTE]
I would rush to BB for this.

Only thing i hate about used is i am OCD when it comes to having the actual BR cases and i hate buying these because then i have to buy cases online and it ends up not being that great of a deal, i should probably look into buying bulk cases at one point.

Only thing i hate about used is i am OCD when it comes to having the actual BR cases and i hate buying these because then i have to buy cases online and it ends up not being that great of a deal, i should probably look into buying bulk cases at one point.[/QUOTE]

discmakers.com is an awesome company fast and cheap

[quote name='styl3s']

Only thing i hate about used is i am OCD when it comes to having the actual BR cases and i hate buying these because then i have to buy cases online and it ends up not being that great of a deal, i should probably look into buying bulk cases at one point.[/QUOTE]

www.discmakers.com is an awesome company, fast and cheap

Off topic a little.... But does anyone know at what point during the closeout cycle movies drop to 0.99?

A couple of the stores near me are closing in 6-7 days and are sitting at 2.99.

There was one closing a couple weeks ago in Los Angeles and the price drop took place on a Monday. They went from $3.99 to $1.99 for blurays. I got there Monday afternoon only to find that most of the good ones were gone. So unless you plan on being there when the open on the day they drop the price, chances are someone will go there and pick clean the blurays. Be warned.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Off topic a little.... But does anyone know at what point during the closeout cycle movies drop to 0.99?

A couple of the stores near me are closing in 6-7 days and are sitting at 2.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']www.discmakers.com is an awesome company, fast and cheap[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I'm the same as as the other guy so there's a company that sells on Amazon and Ebay I use for Blu-Ray and Xbox 360 cases. The prices are about the same but I'll give that site for BD cases a try next time I need some.

bread's done
Back