Child of Eden XBOX 360 or PS3 $15.99 Newegg.com Free shipping

[quote name='proKoyeon']i'm not one to bash a thread, but is this game even worth that much? i heard is was quite short[/QUOTE]

Think of it as a XBLA/PSN game then.

quality of content > quantity of content

If you don't care too much to have the physical copy, you can get a download code off eBay for around $8. At least I think that's how much I got mine for a few months back (for the 360, at least).

Yeah, I've been holding off on this one for a while. It's probably about time I bite. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='proKoyeon']i'm not one to bash a thread, but is this game even worth that much? i heard is was quite short[/QUOTE]

It's worth at least double $16

Just got mine from a Target for $13 yesterday. Its actually supposed to be a really good game, probably not worth the original price but $20 or less is a solid pricing structure. Supposed to be great with a Move controller.

It's worth noting that if you have the HDD space, you can buy the full game download codes off eBay for like $6. I did it last week; works great, and I prefer it over a digital copy (360 only).

Wasn't that big a fan of this one, actually. I think this and Rez got a bit too much hipster cred for the actual quality they delivered. Rez was pretty good though, still, but CoE just felt like a less entertaining copy of Rez. For the price, it isn't bad.

And yes, this was one of the games with a lot of DL codes in circulation so consider that option for cheaper.

depends on what you're comparing it to... it's longer than the typical shmup game. Raiden IV, Deathsmiles, etc. are shorter games. with shooters, it's not about finishing the game, it's about achieving higher and higher scores.

plus, it does have a survival/horde challenge mode once you finish the game. and then you have double the content if you play it in trippy mode.

plus, you can have up to 4 vibrating controllers in your pockets for the best feeling game ever! :lol: I play with a pair of controllers while wearing baggy shorts.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Wasn't that big a fan of this one, actually. I think this and Rez got a bit too much hipster cred for the actual quality they delivered. Rez was pretty good though, still, but CoE just felt like a less entertaining copy of Rez. For the price, it isn't bad.

And yes, this was one of the games with a lot of DL codes in circulation so consider that option for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Not a big giveaway here so i'm not gonna put spoiler tags...but...

Rez had an epic ending IMO. Once you finished the main stages you had a difficult but rewarding final moment, but here with Child of Eden you get a prettier game with no real finale. There is the challenge stage that is unlocked which is difficult, but never really pretty to look at or that much fun. It is for sure worth the $15.99 for anyone who has a nice surround sound setup/TV or really liked Rez, but for those who don't fit into those categories you may be disappointed in the gameplay here.

[quote name='chunlirocks']FYI - the game is fairly awful with a controller. Get it only for Kinect[/QUOTE]

Too floaty, get it for the Move. Precision and buttons.

[quote name='prateeko']Which version is the one to get?[/QUOTE]

Do you have Kinect or Move ?

That is your answer. The game stinks with a standard controller

[quote name='chunlirocks']Do you have Kinect or Move ?

That is your answer. The game stinks with a standard controller[/QUOTE]

I think the game is just fine with a standard controller -- plays just like Rez, Panzer Dragoon, etc. Different strokes.

That said, I think it's even better with the motion controllers, and between the two, for me, the Kinect wins big time. On the Kinect, swapping between your left/right hands for different bullet types and pushing your hand forward to shoot, while more physically demanding, is really exciting and engaging. Playing with the Move is fine, but for me it didn't add nearly as much to the game as the Kinect did.

whatever system you want to get the game for, get it! It is a lot of fun if you like shooters.

The Kinect control is awesome. Much better than a game controller. Not only is it more immersive, it has a bigger reticle. And you can move around the screen much more quickly. With the game controller, the control is slow and almost digital. You can't increase the sensitivity. So when you have to whip from one side of the screen to the other, it really sucks with a controller.

With the Kinect, you can whip to the other side and stop on a dime. They slowed down the game controller so that you don't overshoot the targets which is lame. Give us the option to max the sensitivity!

Plus, you can't beat multiple controllers in your pants vibrating! :D

The only issue I've ever had with the Kinect controls is the number of "disconnects" is greater than anything I've ever seen in other Kinect games. You can be in a serious groove and then instantly, the game pauses and says something like the Kinect has lost you. But it hasn't and all you have to do is select the continue button to keep shooting but it takes you out of the moment. *edit* went back and tried to figure out why I was getting disconnects. I stepped back about half a foot to a foot and the disconnects went away.

here are some 720P vids I made recently while trying out some new recording software. wasn't familiar with the settings of the new software and Youtube compressed the heck out of it so I may rerecord them and reupload them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PR6ECqi110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbY8W_NzwEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn8PNCp9PoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2D5oMlhp1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8bB7Fn2_68

these aren't all the levels. will record all of them eventually...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back