HMV clearance game sale most 75% off+tons more

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
NO ONE HAS POSTED THIS!

Hot!!!
This is not the old sale. This is a new sale. MOST GAMES ARE 75% OFF newer games are 25% off. Systems are 30% off. Accessories are 75% off.
Ps move for $20.00, Eaton Center has their sale on, the other locations are slowly starting. Bloor St already has some games priced but still lots to still tag.

Black Ops Prestige $149.00-75% off(Bloor)
Resistance 3 Sharpshooter set $139.00-75%(Both locations)
Bioshock 2 collectors edition $99.00-75% off(Eaton Center)
Ps Move sets-75% off
Controller sets 60% off
Ps move controller/accessories 75% off
ps3/360/wii accessories 75% off
eds games 25% off
newer titles like MW3/War in North 25% off

Infamous 2 60% off
Catherine 75% off
Saw 2 75% off
Gears of War 3 CE 75% off
+TONS MORE

I was just at the HMV at Yonge and Dundas last night, and I didn't notice anything. Picked up Street Fighter on bluray for $10 though. SCORE.

This just happened TODAY!
Should be country wide, Hmv is getting out of the gaming business permantly according to csr's at all 3 stores I visted. Only 4 stores in the GTA have video games, add Sherway Gardens to the kist as well.

I called 1 of my local stores and the guy on the phone told me.

" we don't carry games any more we got rid of our stalk and gave it too This Location ( which is also near me but is closed right now ) * i ask what's the percentage off was * the guy mentioned 50% - 75% off on old titles they have but the newer titles tho they were going to keep getting "

I also looked online their website and i see that they don't list games anymore as i went to look up infamous 2 and then uncharted and nothing then i looked into each category and .. again NOTHING SO.. if anyone is interested .. call their Local HMV's and maybe you can run across something good. i might give it a shot but .. the bus workers are on strike here and i doubt I'll get a ride downtown as it will be ALOT more busy with cars sense bus's no longer exist.

so if anyone goes to get anything from a HMV during the same ... Post here on what you find and what you picked up ! and thanks for letting us know dvdswapper

[quote name='dvdswapper']This just happened TODAY!
Should be country wide, Hmv is getting out of the gaming business permantly according to csr's at all 3 stores I visted. Only 4 stores in the GTA have video games, add Sherway Gardens to the kist as well.[/QUOTE]

Lol Yes this has been know for about a year though. All the stores around here stopped carrying games over 6 months ago. Definitely final clearance. Those few stores who still sell games need to get rid of their stuff.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Lol Yes this has been know for about a year though. All the stores around here stopped carrying games over 6 months ago. Definitely final clearance. Those few stores who still sell games need to get rid of their stuff.[/QUOTE]

Damn. really i had no idea. * scratches head * i wonder if i can get anything good. :roll:

Anytime James.
Infamous 2 should be 60% off.
Uncharted 3 is 25% off
Rachet and Clank:all 4 1 25% off
mw3 25% off

Some locations did get rid of some stock, they sent 400 titles to Ottawa loactions from Dundas/yonge OUTSIDE store on Friday.
Depends on where they think they'll sell faster at the lowest possible % off.
You need to know what prices are at other competitors to get the most for your money. Try doing a bit of homework tonight on the games you want. Check the website price minus 75% off for older games and 25% off for newer games.

Tales of Vespa was 75% off $64.99 if anyone is interested.
I bought a psmove bundle_one controller for $30.00 DOLLARS!
Systems were 30% off whatever price you see on the site.
This is not on the site, this is not found ANYWHERE. I am bringing you this info first even before some store employees even know. Do you homework tonight and call first thing in the morning. There are many good deals to be found.

@ichit4k4_set0

This hasn't been known for a year, not in the GTA. We've had games on sale upto 50% off but most were only 20-30% off. Nothing off newer games. Now EVERYTHING is discounted most at 75% off.

Looked like the Dundas Square location was 'reworking' their games section, pulling titles maybe to mark down? Nothing changed from the last few months of mark downs on mostly older titles though. 3DS stuff still full price, etc.

Maybe I'll venture out to a couple HMVs tomorrow. I did have some more blurays I meant to buy. Might as well see what's up.

So nothing will be advertised then? It'll just come up on sale when they ring you through?

[quote name='dvdswapper']Anytime James.
Infamous 2 should be 60% off.
Uncharted 3 is 25% off
Rachet and Clank:all 4 1 25% off
mw3 25% off

Some locations did get rid of some stock, they sent 400 titles to Ottawa loactions from Dundas/yonge OUTSIDE store on Friday.
Depends on where they think they'll sell faster at the lowest possible % off.
You need to know what prices are at other competitors to get the most for your money. Try doing a bit of homework tonight on the games you want. Check the website price minus 75% off for older games and 25% off for newer games.

Tales of Vespa was 75% off $64.99 if anyone is interested.
I bought a psmove bundle_one controller for $30.00 DOLLARS!
Systems were 30% off whatever price you see on the site.
This is not on the site, this is not found ANYWHERE. I am bringing you this info first even before some store employees even know. Do you homework tonight and call first thing in the morning. There are many good deals to be found.

[/QUOTE]

uncharted 3 25% off ... Damn that's $45 basicly i can wait longer for a better price .. i'm in no rush .. i wish i knew what was instock so i know what games i could look at and price match and see what is what

I would have checked the one store I know near me because there was one particular game I wanted there but no car tommorow morning :s
I hope selection is the GTA is better than here. I get depressed everytime I go to HMV for games every since their priorit shift.

Only locations that have games will have this sale on.
Call in the morning to verify, some places don't have the list yet like the Yonge/dundas outside location in Toronto.
Only 4 locations in Toronto have games. The 3 downtown and Sherway.

...and then he posts it on RFD =/ I feel for you actual gamers trying to get deals in Toronto.

You guys actually had time to get deals if you went into a store. Only posted it because I got messages on my Facebook/Twitter pages to do it. I haven't been on that site for a while. Still lots of PSMOVE bundles at Eatons. A few systems too. I'll post my reciepts later on tonight.
By the time they are done confirming you guys should already bought items. Too many non-gamers slow the process down at RFD. There will be lots of confusion because no one will follow what I post and some people on there post FAKE info to confuse the non-members. Not here. You guys got it first with enough time to actually call a few locations to verify. That's gives you guys a leg up on the competition.

Visited 2 HMVs here in Calgary in the last 2 weeks and neither of them even carry games anymore so this is going to be pretty hit or miss.

[quote name='Eoyote']Visited 2 HMVs here in Calgary in the last 2 weeks and neither of them even carry games anymore so this is going to be pretty hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

They are getting out of the gaming business completely so everything must be sold off. Everything at EATONS was marked down, not one title/accessory/system was spared. So I think this will happen at other game stores but some are sending the stock elsewhere. Your best bet is to either show up or call tommorrow to find out more info. Some places don't have the list yet so the mark downs are the same as before.

I hope you guys help each other out with info on which stores are particpating. Like I wrote before, in a city with thousands of game hunters this was not posted anywhere else. No other game forum had this, no deal hunters on Twitter had this, complete silence for this crazy deal.

[quote name='dvdswapper']You guys actually had time to get deals if you went into a store.[/QUOTE]

Really? Two hours? What kind of life do you have? I worked today, did you?

[quote name='Eoyote']Visited 2 HMVs here in Calgary in the last 2 weeks and neither of them even carry games anymore so this is going to be pretty hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Eoyote, which ones did you check out? I live in the east so only ones near me are Sunridge and Marlborough.

[quote name='ragnar14']Really? Two hours? What kind of life do you have? I worked today, did you?[/QUOTE]

Would you rather have had no time for people to call?
I did the best I could to bring you the deal first. Don't complain.
I work nights and usually with family right now so you would have not known at all. I went to Eaton Center to get gifts for the family because the family cat is sick and I wanted to cheer them up. After buying the gifts and on the way out I stopped by HMV to see what's on sale. After that I hurried to the other locations to verify for everyone. I took time away from my family to help others and you complain?:cry:
Sometimes helping others doesn't pay it seems.

[quote name='dvdswapper']Would you rather have had no time for people to call?
I did the best I could to bring you the deal first. Don't complain.
I work nights and usually with family right now so you would have not known at all. I went to Eaton Center to get gifts for the family because the family cat is sick and I wanted to cheer them up. After buying the gifts and on the way out I stopped by HMV to see what's on sale. After that I hurried to the other locations to verify for everyone. I took time away from my family to help others and you complain?:cry:
Sometimes helping others doesn't pay it seems.[/QUOTE]

you know .. it's funny the time you posted it .. would have been too late you posted it up after 7 PM my time and the HMV that had games .. well it closed at 7PM hahaha i'm not complaining it's better i know now then not at all, and you can only post when you have the free time as well. but let's see how this plays out for everyone :)

[quote name='JamesSoprano']you know .. it's funny the time you posted it .. would have been too late you posted it up after 7 PM my time and the HMV that had games .. well it closed at 7PM hahaha i'm not complaining it's better i know now then not at all, and you can only post when you have the free time as well. but let's see how this plays out for everyone :)[/QUOTE]
I was told they open until 9pm?
http://www.hmv.ca/Stores/Locator.aspx
Toronto outside locations are open until 9pm according to site.

I gotta go for a bit. The family cat's sick and is constipated. He cries now when trying to use the litterbox, my wife and kids are upset. I got them gifts from Eaton Center and some med for my cat. If anyone has been through this your advice would be appreciated, other than that I need to go now. I will post my recipets later on tonight after they finally calm down enough to go to sleep.

[quote name='dvdswapper']I was told they open until 9pm?
http://www.hmv.ca/Stores/Locator.aspx
Toronto outside locations are open until 9pm according to site.

I gotta go for a bit. The family cat's sick and is constipated. He cries now when trying to use the litterbox, my wife and kids are upset. I got them gifts from Eaton Center and some med for my cat. If anyone has been through this your advice would be appreciated, other than that I need to go now. I will post my recipets later on tonight after they finally calm down enough to go to sleep.[/QUOTE]

yea .. it's a bit weird but i think it's cause either A. the location or B. ok their is no B. i think it's cause they want to close early on Saturdays and of course Sunday is a Givin. sorry to hear about your cat. I Love Cats.

Local HMV got rid of their games weeks ago. Best bet is to go to Oshawa, but that's hardly worth the trip since I they either already pulled all their games or they're already picked clean since it's in Oshawa centre.

I'm sure most here are thankful that you brought it to CAG's attention first, but everyone knows RFD is hoarder central. Most of the people (guests) that frequent that site honestly don't give a shit about any of the sources, they're just selfish exploiters, or worse...they have their own Ebay store!

As for HMV in Calgary - most here are inside malls, thus close early on weekends. Like JamesSoprano mentioned, 7PM tonight.

In any case I hope your cat recovers from it's constipation. Sounds dreadful.

Thanks for the concern James and Vetrax. I just came back from the emergency clinic with my cat, he won't die from septic shock if I waited until the morning to see my regular vet where my cat would be more comfortable because he knows and likes the staff. So i'll be off in the morning as well, here's the pics I promised. I lost one of the bills for the Bioshock 2 CE but another guy sent me one as well from Bloor st.My neighbour from across the street gave this to my wife while I was away.
34i1isy.jpg

o7isl4.jpg

Wow I'm so out of the loop. I didn't even notice HMV stores were getting rid of their gaming sections. 0_o Too bad I can't go looking around. Which stores in Toronto still have games besides Eatons Center? Yorkdale (although I guess this one would be in North York)? It wouldn't hurt to pop in later on during the week just to see what's left, I'm still hoping to find a copy of Pokemon Ranger 2 somewhere, or other DS games I missed out on (DQ6), but I don't even remember what HMV carried.

Thanks for posting, too bad the stores near me don't have games anymore (oakville and erin mills). Good luck to everyone else.

Hope your cat is feeling better

Can someone please the stores that carry videogames..... I called 3 stores in Hamilton but no luck :(

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Firstly, thanks for the tip OP!

Got to the HMV at the Eaton Centre in Toronto for 11am, just as it opened. Only one customer was there when I arrived looking at games, so I had my "pick of the litter", so to speak. By the time I was leaving 15 minutes later, it was starting to get nuts.

So here's what I got:

PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $13.75
PlayStation Move bundle with Sports Champions - $20
Resistance 2 - $7.50
Pure (Xbox 360) - $3.75
Crackdown 2 - $5
Dark Souls (PS3) - $24

Not a bad haul for 11 in the morning! I was considering buying a DSiXL for 60% off, but decided I had already spent enough money.

Afterward I did some bluray shopping at Futureshop and Best Buy. As I was walking home I took a look down the street at the Yonge and Dundas HMV, and noticed a line had formed. Not even knowing if that store was doing the sale yet, I decided to just call it a day.

IMPORTANT: of the four games I bought, three were CLEARLY used and repacked as new (I used to work at a Blockbuster, so I am no stranger to heat-shrinking). The only game that was factory sealed was Dark Souls. All the others feel used when you touch the packaging, and have slight marks/smudges on the discs. Resistance 2 is the worst offender, with sticker residue on the case itself. If I were buying these games without a discount on any other day, I would be returning these immediately as I feel this is a shady as hell practice. I advise everyone to inspect the package carefully in the store. If you don't want to buy used, this sale might not be for you (especially for the older titles). If you don't mind though, there are some great deals to be had.

Also, I'd advise to ask someone to check behind the counter for a game if you don't see it out on the shelves. I had originally picked up Dark Souls for 360 but notice there were display cases behind the counter for the PS3 version. I asked if he had any PS3 copies left, and he pulled one out from the filing cabinet where they keep all their newer games. Couldn't hurt to ask, anyway. I likely would have asked for more had I not realized this on my way home.

I got MW2, nintendogs + cats, DQVI, Dead Rising 2 Frank West, Killzone Lib and GOW Origins Collection at Sherway. Pretty nice, I thought they would've been cleaned out. They also had a couple P3P, but I don't want to quad-dip on Persona 3.

I kinda wanted a Move navi, but they didn't seem to have any at HMV. How many games actually use it? K3 and R3? Is Bioshock Infinite the only upcoming Move game?

[quote name='DMPugh']Firstly, thanks for the tip OP!

Got to the HMV at the Eaton Centre in Toronto for 11am, just as it opened. Only one customer was there when I arrived looking at games, so I had my "pick of the litter", so to speak. By the time I was leaving 15 minutes later, it was starting to get nuts.

So here's what I got:

PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $13.75
PlayStation Move bundle with Sports Champions - $20
Resistance 2 - $7.50
Pure (Xbox 360) - $3.75
Crackdown 2 - $5
Dark Souls (PS3) - $24

Not a bad haul for 11 in the morning! I was considering buying a DSiXL for 60% off, but decided I had already spent enough money.

IMPORTANT: of the four games I bought, three were CLEARLY used and repacked as new (I used to work at a Blockbuster, so I am no stranger to heat-shrinking). The only game that was factory sealed was Dark Souls. All the others feel used when you touch the packaging, and have slight marks/smudges on the discs. Resistance 2 is the worst offender, with sticker residue on the case itself. If I were buying these games without a discount on any other day, I would be returning these immediately as I feel this is a shady as hell practice. I advise everyone to inspect the package carefully in the store. If you don't want to buy used, this sale might not be for you (especially for the older titles). If you don't mind though, there are some great deals to be had.

...[/QUOTE]
I think I saw you! I grabbed the Crackdown 2 behind the one you took. Same thing, beat up case but minor issues with the disc (wouldn't have gambled on it if I knew other stores had a bunch). The only Magna Carta 2 I saw had a really bad case (and cracked at the bottom!) when I opened it but the discs were decent. Sucks though. I agree that everyone should check their games if they really care about them. Otherwise you're probably getting something noticeably damaged.

I ended up with:
Resonance of Fate $16
Magna Carta 2 $7.50
Halo Reach $10 (feels like they have thousands of them)
Crackdown 2 $5

They have others like Enslaved for $8, Castlevania $10 (a little high), Nier $6, many Reach copies, many Resonance of Fate. Not much else I was interested in.

Yeah the one thing I immediately noticed was the abundance of Reach copies.

Did anyone happen to notice if they were selling the nunchuk equivalent for PlayStation Move? I just assumed the bundle came with one! Dammit.

Ottawa stores

Bayshore - Doesn't carry games or accessories.
Rideau - Carries games and accessories. Not much left. Good discounts (up to 75% off).
St. Laurent - carries games and accessories. Lots of games left. Discounts sucked (~20% off).

My brother and I got to Rideau fairly early this morning. Got ourselves DualShock 3 controllers at 75% off. Found UMvC3 for $25 (used copy, I think), but only because they mislabeled it so I didn't get a further discount. New copies would have been 25% off of $45. Some other guys were grabbing Move stuff. When I left there were the Move Wands left, but didn't see no Move Navs left.

Thanks OP. Happy hunting everybody and enjoy what's left of the weekend!

It's like that in Edmonton as well. All game stock seems to have gone to the WEM location. Not familiar with HMV in Calgary, but I'd check whatever the biggest store down there is.

I got the last copy of the Team ICO collection. they had a few other titles .. but nothing to make me wanna purchase it quickly. i saw Eyepet for PS3 for $19.99 with 75% off but i had no interest in the title they had 2 move bundles ( 1 was out but i decided to get and hold on to it called a friend and asked if they wanted it and i told him the Resistance 3 Sharpshooter bundle was also in store and $139.99 with 75% off and and $79.99 with 75% off with with Sports Champions Bundle ) he said he wanted both i told him i can pick up one while he pay me back and he said well i can come down so i waited so he got both those things

so i payed 39.99 with 60% off being $18 something total for a opened copy ( not used new cause it was a display case one ) of the Team ICO collection .. other titles to mention are.

Infamous 2 Killzone 3 ( i think socom 4 ) TV Super Stars Eye Pet ( the third person strategy game .. RUGE ? ) GOW Collections GOW Origins Singstar Move game and i think with the microphones ( that was $29.99 if not $39.99 ) Red Factions Armageddon oh god ... it's all i can remember 1 copy of Sports Champion bundle for sure and no copies left of he Reistance 3 Bundle.

That's all i know for sure i can't remember the prices for most i mentioned. I'm happy others were to get good finds for Great Prices.

[quote name='Mr.']Is Bioshock Infinite the only upcoming Move game?[/QUOTE]

That Sorcery game is coming out this year ... I think in the fall .. i could be wrong but i'm not entirely sure your interested in that tho.

THe HMV at The Core in Downtown Calgary has lots of games left. I picked up 3D Dot Game HEroes for 11$ and they had Yakuza 3 for 75% off 44.99$. None of the games are marked more than 50% off but they're all on clearance. Saw Infamous 3 as well.

[quote name='mrsamsa']THe HMV at The Core in Downtown Calgary has lots of games left. I picked up 3D Dot Game HEroes for 11$ and they had Yakuza 3 for 75% off 44.99$. None of the games are marked more than 50% off but they're all on clearance. Saw Infamous 3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Did they have only that 1 copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes? Been meaning to check that game out.

Super Hot Deal 100% Confirmed

I bought 316$ worth of games for............................................. 98.99$

Thanks man. Legendary deal.

[quote name='PapaLau']Thanks for posting, too bad the stores near me don't have games anymore (oakville and erin mills). Good luck to everyone else.

Hope your cat is feeling better[/QUOTE]
Thanks PapaLau.
He's at the vets now hooked up to iv for a few days. The Doctor seems confident that everything will go smoothly if the blood tests come back fine.
My wife and kids are feeling better too and more positive although my kids were still upset so I didn't bring them along and my wife left early because she was so upset as well. I cried a bit(even now) but atleast I know he's being taken care of by good vets.
I'm happy that I managed to help some of you guys, makes me feel better. I don't feel like such a lousy person now.

[quote name='Eoyote']Did they have only that 1 copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes? Been meaning to check that game out.[/QUOTE]

There were about 3 boxes on the shelf and I think the game's out of print.

[quote name='PapaLau']Thanks for posting, too bad the stores near me don't have games anymore (oakville and erin mills). Good luck to everyone else.[/QUOTE] That's too bad, I went to Sherway and they had some good ones. Thanks to OP for the heads up earlier. I'm rather surprised I got in on this thing since most clearances are cleared out before I drop by.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']That Sorcery game is coming out this year ... I think in the fall .. i could be wrong but i'm not entirely sure your interested in that tho.[/QUOTE] Not really, I was hoping there would be more Move games instead of glorified tech demos. Surprisingly, they seem to have run out of Wii games to port over. At least Kinect is getting Panzer Crimson Dragon.

[quote name='jeffx']Super Hot Deal 100% Confirmed

I bought 316$ worth of games for............................................. 98.99$

Thanks man. Legendary deal.[/QUOTE]

So there was indeed games at downtown Montreal? thanks for reporting back -_-

Pretty good haul at Metrotown (BC)

plundered and picked up:
Dsi white $60
Flingsmash bundle $20
2* Wii nunchucks $6
xbox splatterhouse $7
ps3 Darksouls $24

Theres a lot left at the store too, i saw 1 copy of 3d dot heroes here (75% off 45), 4 dsis, gears of war 3, trauma team, mw3 (xbox) resonance of fate (360), asscreed revelaition (360), bf3 (xbox), etc... happy hunting

[quote name='jeffx']Super Hot Deal 100% Confirmed

Thanks man. Legendary deal.[/QUOTE]

Hey Jeffx. havent heard back from you. Im curious how muh % you got downtown Montreal, someone said its only 30-50%. Is that true?

bread's done
Back