Crush 3D (3DS) $19.99 Pre-order @ Gamestop.com! In-store pick-up available!

Hmm, I've had my eye on this game but I wasn't too sure about it for $35. This is tempting, but I'm still not totally sold as I've heard the game can be frustrating at times. Still might jump on this deal though, nice find!

Hey CRUSH3D spells crushed in l33t speak. Kinda cute. Anyways, thanks for the heads up OP, I just downloaded the original on my Vita for $5 and I may go ahead and get this one too.

[quote name='Coltin']Geez, why can't Crush have good box art? first the PSP game and now this one, lol[/QUOTE]

You're not kidding, I looked at both of them after reading that (and wondering what the heck this game is). They both look like some early 90's PC shareware games.

Loved the original Crush on the PSP. This looks way too bright and cheerful.

Still, for only $20, I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Loved the original on the PSP,
fujjd
so couldn't say no to this for 20 bucks. Thanks op.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is this a remake of the PSP game for the 3DS or is it a new game?[/QUOTE]

It is a remake of the PSP game. If you want some hands on time before making a purchase, there is a demo available on the 3DS store. IMO, it isn't worth purchasing if you already played through the PSP version. It may be worth it for someone who has never played the game though.

This is more of a remake (probably same old puzzles). There's a demo on the Nintendo eshop. They got rid of the voice-overs, and it's all heavy text now (bad decision, as some of the sarcasm is gone). The psp version had a darker tone, and so they gave the main character a make over (more kid friendly).

Crush has always been good for the first few stages. However, as you progress everything becomes trial and error. Finding your way to the answer is always rewarding, but your feeling of accomplishment diminishes when you have to do too much guessing later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
GS seems to be getting it a week later than other places, so maybe that has something to do with the deal.

I'm hoping for a price match from Amazon. Has anyone brought it to their attention?

[quote name='Bullwinkle']GS seems to be getting it a week later than other places, so maybe that has something to do with the deal.

I'm hoping for a price match from Amazon. Has anyone brought it to their attention?[/QUOTE]

I sent in a price match.. I'm hoping amazon comes through

[quote name='kevgret']I sent in a price match.. I'm hoping amazon comes through[/QUOTE]

Same here. I really don't want to go into Gamestop if I don't have to.

Hmmm. tried the Crush 3D demo and liked it.....but never having played the PSP version, torn between buying the PSP version on Amazon (under $11) or the 3DS version ($20). I think I like the "brighter" 3DS aesthetic a little more....but beyond that. What do y'all think? Which should I get?

Looks like Crush3D is now a Gamestop exclusive. That or Gamestop is now pretending getting the game a week late makes their version extra special. Whatever, I did enjoy the demo something fierce, and knocking the price to $19.99 hits a sweet-enough spot for me.

[quote name='ryuzx']Looks like Crush3D is now a Gamestop exclusive. That or Gamestop is now pretending getting the game a week late makes their version extra special. Whatever, I did enjoy the demo something fierce, and knocking the price to $19.99 hits a sweet-enough spot for me.[/QUOTE]

??

It's still available on Amazon and Best Buy tomorrow, according to their sites (Amazon told me they weren't price matching, though - Maybe BB will).

For God's sake don't choose in-store pick-up. The system is still a bit buggy and you can end up being blacklisted by them, which is a real hassle to get fixed.

[quote name='morrodox']That or they are in denial that Amazon exists. In any case, GameStop has the lowest price. Gosh, those were 5 words I never thought I'd say together.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it means "exclusive price" and they're being clever with their wording.

Sucks that they've actually got the lowest price for a game BUT they're inexplicably getting it a week later than every other retailer.

It is listed for sale by inetvideo and not amazon.com now..

Best buy has it but for in store pickup only now.

is this thing really a gamestop exclusive?

[quote name='kevgret']It is listed for sale by inetvideo and not amazon.com now..

Best buy has it but for in store pickup only now.

is this thing really a gamestop exclusive?[/QUOTE]Looks it because NO Best Buy has it in all of NC for in store pick up.

[quote name='ryuzx']Looks it because NO Best Buy has it in all of NC for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, every Best Buy I searched had it listed as "unavailable". Sounds like Gamestop somehow managed to make this an exclusive ONE DAY before the release date. Ridiculous. I played the demo a couple nights ago, and it wasn't that impressive, so I'm out on this one.

Yeah, I wasn't blown away by the demo. Think I'll pass. Still have MGS to play through and Kid Icarus comes out in a few weeks.

Odd because the demo made me interested and the price drop sealed the deal for me. To each their own.

With regards to retailers and publishers, it seems 3DS games get no respect--- Sega Blog makes no mention to Crush3D, Rayman Origins 3DS details, including the release of the announced 3DS demo--- it isn't mentioned in Nintendo's press release today where the Rhythm Thief demo was announced and dated), are nowhere to be found and Heroes of Ruin (for example) has no solid release date.

Yep, Amazon removed Crush 3D completely off their site. Game is definitely Gamestop Exclusive, and a last minute decision by SEGA, at that.

Bad move on many levels, SEGA.

In Sega's "giveaway Friday" preview yesterday they also revealed Crush 3D as a Gamestop exclusive multiple times. Sega's handling of this is disappointing...

I was wondering what the "Gamestop exclusive" wording meant when I went to pre-order this, what a crazy thing to happen at the last minute. On the other hand, if that's what it takes to drop the MSRP from $35 to $20, I'm not going to complain. I enjoyed the demo and am looking forward to playing this.

[quote name='DerClaw']So is this in store yet or not?[/QUOTE]

Product locator says that it is but I haven't received the call/text to pick mine up yet.

I preordered for in-store pickup, and I got a text yesterday saying it would be available "Friday PM." I called this morning and it was there. Picked it up with no hassle about the price -- rang up for $20 + tax like it should have. Not sure if non-online-preorder copies would be that price as well.

bread's done
Back