Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
snazzy looking steelbook. itd go nicely with my AC collection steelbook. if i remember correctly, the artwork is by Alex Ross. im a big fan of his. i dont think he's done anything video game related since MK vs DC

[quote name='VaultDweller']will it have RP rating on the cover? if it does im not getting it[/QUOTE]

I think it makes it cooler, personally...

Oh, and there is a thread already, but I don't have a link. OP's got pics of his along with receipt.

This was mentioned inside the best buy trade in thread lol, but this should get some more attention with a separate thread so I think your fine OP.

As for the AC3 steelbook, my best buy's gaming manager would not sell the pre-order to me today since the box the steelbooks came in are labeled with a Do not sell until March 5th warning.

[quote name='dyeknom']Link is dead[/QUOTE]
http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/7fcvk67

[quote name='htz']This was mentioned inside the best buy trade in thread lol, but this should get some more attention with a separate thread so I think your fine OP.

As for the AC3 steelbook, my best buy's gaming manager would not sell the pre-order to me today since the box the steelbooks came in are labeled with a Do not sell until March 5th warning.

http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/7fcvk67

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so wait you go pay the $5 pre-order and get the case right there? Or when you go buy the game?[/QUOTE]

Reading is fun.

Definitely gonna get in on one of these. I'm not going to get AC3 until it hits AWD, but I love steelbooks too much to pass this up. :D

[quote name='knightsdwn']The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.[/QUOTE]

That was fast. I'll need to check mine tomorrow.

I have never preorder anything from bb. I don't preorder at all unless I'm getting a ce. My question is, if you preorder, paid $5, got the steel book and tried to cancel the preorder in the future will you get charged something extra for the steelbook they have given you?

[quote name='rbanez']I have never preorder anything from bb. I don't preorder at all unless I'm getting a ce. My question is, if you preorder, paid $5, got the steel book and tried to cancel the preorder in the future will you get charged something extra for the steelbook they have given you?[/QUOTE]

Seems like it would be a $5 for Steelbook, $55 for game type situation.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You would get a refund. The $5 is not for the steelbook, it's a down payment on the game.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? From the other thread's OP's pic, it looks like the steelbook cost $5.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Are you sure? From the other thread's OP's pic, it looks like the steelbook cost $5.[/QUOTE]
how about you call BB and ask when I scam you for a CE will I get my money back?

i went to bb today and tried to preorder but he charged me for the steelbook so if i were to cancel my preorder i have to return the steelbook

wow really? If that's the case we better get on this deal before they can change the conditions of preordering this game. Looks like a lot can capitalize on this to get a free steel book isn't it?

edit: ahh ok. I hope gs gets on this too.

[quote name='traxstar']i went to bb today and tried to preorder but he charged me for the steelbook so if i were to cancel my preorder i have to return the steelbook[/QUOTE]

And there we go.

In every other case when this has existed the $5 was just for a pre-order and the steelbook was the bonus.

Let me try and word it differently. I go into BB, give them $5, get the case and they give me a receipt. 3 months later I go in, but I lost my receipt and I want to cancel my pre-order. The $5 I paid is still on the game because that's what a pre-order is. You pay a small amount to reserve yourself a copy. Granted this situation may be different, but unless they charge you $5 for the case and then $60 for the game, for a total of $65 for both, which as far as I have heard is not the case, then I don't see how it can work any other way.

[quote name='GUNNM']how about you call BB and ask when I scam you for a CE will I get my money back?[/QUOTE]

Dafuq? I'm sorry your post makes no sense...

he tried to charge me for the game but it wouldnt bundle out with the steelbook the comp was being stupid i guess so he would charge me for the steelbook and the game would be 55 not 65 but he also said come back 2morow and maybe it will work because it says not to sell before march 5 so idk well see when i go back cause i just want the steelbook and ill cancel my preorder most likely

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I think it makes it cooler, personally...

Oh, and there is a thread already, but I don't have a link. OP's got pics of his along with receipt.[/QUOTE]

lmao

[quote name='traxstar']he tried to charge me for the game but it wouldnt bundle out with the steelbook the comp was being stupid i guess so he would charge me for the steelbook and the game would be 55 not 65 but he also said come back 2morow and maybe it will work because it says not to sell before march 5 so idk well see when i go back cause i just want the steelbook and ill cancel my preorder most likely[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean? What bundle?

A pre-order bundle? If you pre-order the game for $5 you get the steelbook for free. If it's a bundle and the steelbook is $5 but becomes free after the pre-order then the $5 is on the game. You then go in 2 months later and cancel the pre-order. You don't need a receipt to cancel a pre-order. The $5 goes down on the game, pure and simple.

EDIT: On top of that, the most you can ever put down on a pre-order for BB is $5. So you can never pay off the game entirely with a pre-order.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's closed today but I'll be picking it up tomorrow thanks.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'm not cool enough to get this, apparently...[/QUOTE]

it looks "cooler" with a RP on it? Really?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What does that even mean? What bundle?

A pre-order bundle? If you pre-order the game for $5 you get the steelbook for free. If it's a bundle and the steelbook is $5 but becomes free after the pre-order then the $5 is on the game. You then go in 2 months later and cancel the pre-order. You don't need a receipt to cancel a pre-order. The $5 goes down on the game, pure and simple.[/QUOTE]

No, I really don't think it works like that.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dafuq? I'm sorry your post makes no sense...[/QUOTE]

Made perfect sense to me. The steelbook is an incentive they're running to try to get preorders. If you get one then get a refund, you're scamming them out of the case. :roll:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What does that even mean? What bundle?

A pre-order bundle? If you pre-order the game for $5 you get the steelbook for free. If it's a bundle and the steelbook is $5 but becomes free after the pre-order then the $5 is on the game. You then go in 2 months later and cancel the pre-order. You don't need a receipt to cancel a pre-order. The $5 goes down on the game, pure and simple.[/QUOTE]

lol he couldnt just give me the steelbook it had to be packaged out through the comp and it wouldnt work it was chargin me 5$ for steelbook then 5$ for preorder so he took out the preoder price so it wouldnt charge me 10$ and said just keep the receipt and bring it in to pick it up and i said what if i wanna cancel do i have to return the steelbook? he said yes cause the money is down on the steelbook not the game but i would still get the game for 55 if that makes sense

[quote name='TortillaSoup']it looks "cooler" with a RP on it? Really?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because it looks like a limited edition promotion, rather than a mass-produced one that everyone and their mother has. But hey, you're the hip one here!

[quote name='argyle']Made perfect sense to me. The steelbook is an incentive they're running to try to get preorders. If you get one then get a refund, you're scamming them out of the case. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I never said that. I said you couldn't do it. Thus, his post makes no sense!

I dont understand. My head hurts reading this thread. Why cant people just preorder, pay the $5 for the steelbook and then never pick up the preorder? What is the confusion here? People want to try and scam their way into getting that $5 back? Why risk getting banned or whatever from Best Buy like the trade in people have over $5?

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont understand. My head hurts reading this thread. Why cant people just preorder, pay the $5 for the steelbook and then never pick up the preorder? What is the confusion here? People want to try and scam their way into getting that $5 back? Why risk getting banned or whatever from Best Buy like the trade in people have over $5?[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am saying that no matter how you look at it, the steelbook costs $5. Don't try and steal it.

Got one this morning from BB Union Sq, NYC location. They have a huge handwritten note on them saying "for unlocked members only" though. So I don't know if this is nationwide or just at this store.

I'll definitely end up getting it for $29.99 around black friday like I always do but I'll gladly drop a Lincoln now for the steelbook. Thanks OP.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Got one this morning from BB Union Sq, NYC location. They have a huge handwritten note on them saying "for unlocked members only" though. So I don't know if this is nationwide or just at this store.[/QUOTE]

well, that makes more sense than potentially handing out free steelbooks to everyone.

bread's done
Back