Halo 4 out November 6th!!

fatmanforlife99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
And it begins.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/05/halo-4-bringing-the-battle-rifle-back-introducing-unlockable-ab/

First "making of" video has been released here

Also downloadable via Halo Waypoint for HD 60FPS goodness.

Dat sound! Dat lighting! Dat BR! Brb, changing my pants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8OLV6UFoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg

Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: High-performance controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
Halo 4 Standard Edition game: Begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
Largest hard drive available: The 320-GB hard drive offers more space for game add-ons and downloadable content, and more memory to store all of your entertainment.
Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
Black Xbox 360 headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE, or team up and jump in with multiplayer gameplay.

halo-4-console.jpg

halo-4-console-controller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been suckered 3 other times so far so I guess I'm definitely a fan now. Looking good. Friend will need new panties.

All I have to say is thank fucking god the BR is back. The DMR is complete shit compared to the BR.

I do wish they would reconsider abilities though. No need to CODify Halo any more. Make it the anti-COD please 343.

gif1p7zk4.gif

gif24hx72.gif

gif3bqadk.gif

gif4pfz4g.gif

- BR is back
- Reticule bloom is gone

Now if they can just fix the melee system, I'll be hyped.

wow...that gift animation almost broke crappy work cpu but the battle rifle and graphics look awesome.

also, wb fatman...haven't seen you post in ages.

Someone needs to get those glorious gifs in the OP, stat. I have to leave for work in a few mins. :(

And fatman, edit the title! "Halo 4" is too ambiguous, lol.

I'm already sick of hearing about the BR. And I thought the HUD was supposed to look different. The bloom helps hides Halo's simple geometry and lack of post-processing effects (still not jaw-dropping since Halo 2's graphics) - got to compromise somewhere to get 4 player split-screen I suppose.

haha...i give credit to ppl who can utilize certain wpns with great skill and efficiency but i have to laugh a bit when they complain when it's taken away from them. (and not just them but everyone who plays the same game w/the same tools)

It'll be nice to hear some fresh MC dialogue and see how their perk system turns out.

[quote name='100xp']wow...that gift animation almost broke crappy work cpu but the battle rifle and graphics look awesome.

also, wb fatman...haven't seen you post in ages.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty much a lurker now, but I am on everyday.

[quote name='infamy']Someone needs to get those glorious gifs in the OP, stat. I have to leave for work in a few mins. :(

And fatman, edit the title! "Halo 4" is too ambiguous, lol.[/QUOTE]

Nope Halo 4 is perfect and simple.

Oh, nice whoever edited my main post lol.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Halo 4 Beta coming with Crackdown 3 this time around? ;)[/QUOTE]
More like Crackdown 3 comes free with the purchase of the Halo 4 beta.

If you watch the video on the Xbox Dashboard, they specifically state that they're building multiplayer levels from scratch, and not copying them from campaign sections like how Halo: Reach did it for both multiplayer and firefight. That was definitely uninspired in Halo: Reach.

Although they didn't mention it, I hope they'll bring back firefight, maybe with a more classic approach to it online where you play as long as you can survive. And allow players to join in-progress games, like Horde Mode.

Pretty excited! Am a bigger fan of the series' campaign than multiplayer, but it's good to hear they're creating original multiplayer levels. As controversial as Halo is, it's by far my second favorite shooter right behind the Half-Life series.

One of the most important things at least to me that I hope they bring back is a 1-50 ranking system. I know Reach had Arena, but I want a rank system for ALL gametypes like they had it for Halo 2 and 3. It should reduce quitters and make the game much more enjoyable when you are playing for something every game.

[quote name='Daywalker']One of the most important things at least to me that I hope they bring back is a 1-50 ranking system. [/QUOTE]

I'm for that if they have a decent match making system and a way to prevent de-leveling. I was never an ace at the game, but hovered around a 26-30 and there's nothing more frustrating than playing people 20 levels over you who spent a day quitting matches so they can own a match against lower ranked opponents.

[quote name='MisterSmi13y']is it just me or is the score in the hud a little high?[/QUOTE]

if you look at the top gif animation, the spartans are getting 10 pts per kill. kills and objectives probably vary in scoring.

My advice, stay away from it until reviews come out. 343i butchered Reach and Combat Evolved Anniversary has horrible co-op lag.

[quote name='dotCody']My advice, stay away from it until reviews come out. 343i butchered Reach and Combat Evolved Anniversary has horrible co-op lag.[/QUOTE]

I played CEA a few nights ago and the latency wasn't as bad as it was at launch. I think they sorta fixed it.
What they didn't fix is the crashes, and me and my friend couldn't finish the second to last level because it crashed like four times, and it doesn't save your last check point when playing online so we were like "Shaq fu it.".

I don't understand the reach hate outside of the recticle bloom (or whatever It's called) and armor abilities. I'm honestly surprised they are bringing back armor abilities considering the hate it got from the community, but maybe they can re-balance them and re-purpose them to make it more likeable in Halo 4. I can see the CoD appeal in weapon loadsouts and being able to sprint. They probably think borrowing from COD = more sales. Can you really blame them?

[quote name='dotCody']My advice, stay away from it until reviews come out. 343i butchered Reach and Combat Evolved Anniversary has horrible co-op lag.[/QUOTE]
Keep drinking your Haterade, but Reach was Bungie's project... not 343's.

[quote name='Pirate331']Keep drinking your Haterade, but Reach was Bungie's project... not 343's.[/QUOTE]

He probably meant the title update 343 did, but that was only one playlist, wasn't it? Reach's co-op was also equally as terrible lag-wise.

[quote name='dotCody']My advice, stay away from it until reviews come out[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure people will listen to that advice.

Reach was fine. Christ.

[quote name='Pirate331']Keep drinking your Haterade, but Reach was Bungie's project... not 343's.[/QUOTE]
Halo Reach was developed by Bungie, but 343 Industries was given control of the game and servers in August 2011. Do you even play Halo, liek srsly?
[quote name='Trakan']He probably meant the title update 343 did, but that was only one playlist, wasn't it? Reach's co-op was also equally as terrible lag-wise.[/QUOTE]
Nope, they've completely re-done everything since the Anniversary map pack came out. Play one game and you'll notice the changes. Also the Reach co-op NEVER lagged, for me at least.
[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, I'm sure people will listen to that advice.

Reach was fine. Christ.[/QUOTE]
Reach was fine... up until what point?

Nah, I hate Halo. I've only played every game to death and read most of the books. You're right, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. :roll:

Instead of making broad, sweeping, and vague statements about something, why not cite specific examples of how/why you think Reach and CEA were "ruined" by 343.

[quote name='Pirate331']Nah, I hate Halo. I've only played every game to death and read most of the books. You're right, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. :roll:

Instead of making broad, sweeping, and vague statements about something, why not cite specific examples of how/why you think Reach and CEA were "ruined" by 343.[/QUOTE]

You played every game to death, yet you didn't knew that 343i had taken over Halo Reach from Bungie... :roll:

I'm curious, how did 343 butcher Reach?

quick question.

I played halo 3 a ton and loved it. Good maps, and just overall great.

I played halo reach and hated the maps, and though the powers like jetpack, force field and others were stupid.

So which game is Halo 4 going to be more like?

[quote name='The 7th Number']quick question.

I played halo reach and hated the maps, and though the powers like jetpack, force field and others were stupid.

So which game is Halo 4 going to be more like?[/QUOTE]

I'd say more like Reach game play wise(especially with the armor abilities), but more like Halo 3 when it comes to map design. They're building maps specifically with online play in mind instead of basing them on single player missions, so they should have a nice flow to them.

Neither.

I was the same way. I love the classic "Halo" gameplay. Something I really felt Reach lacked. (Also, I didn't like how few maps it had. And no. Forge world was not the solution for that)
Halo 4 is looking like it will be more like Reach with powers and unlockable classes, which allow you the ability to use any weapon on the map in your load out.

I loved the Halo trilogy, but this game feels like they are trying to milk the series. I though the way Halo 3 ended was great, and left no reason to continue with Master Chief. There are so many great stories in the Halo universe to continue using MC. Although I understand liking "the big hero" of the universe.

And the multiplayer. I can understand that multiplayer has evolved, but making Halo of Duty is not the answer. I love Call of Duty sometimes, but I want Halo.

Obviously, this could all change in the future, as I haven't played the game, but so far this is how I feel.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I was the same way. I love the classic "Halo" gameplay. Something I really felt Reach lacked. (Also, I didn't like how few maps it had. And no. Forge world was not the solution for that)
Halo 4 is looking like it will be more like Reach with powers and unlockable classes, which allow you the ability to use any weapon on the map in your load out.

I loved the Halo trilogy, but this game feels like they are trying to milk the series. I though the way Halo 3 ended was great, and left no reason to continue with Master Chief. There are so many great stories in the Halo universe to continue using MC. Although I understand liking "the big hero" of the universe.

And the multiplayer. I can understand that multiplayer has evolved, but making Halo of Duty is not the answer. I love Call of Duty sometimes, but I want Halo.

Obviously, this could all change in the future, as I haven't played the game, but so far this is how I feel.[/QUOTE]

So they are milking the series, if that is true then why are there books that have a lot to do with the next three games? cod is one of the most milked franchises of all time, with guitar hero as well, would look at that both published by the same company. Lets take a look at Mario as well, great game back in the day, but idk what is it on it's 15th game now. Halo is not even close to being milked, ODST should of been an expansion pack, not a game. Halo Wars was a very good rts game and we will probably never see a sequel to it, Reach was trying to show how this all got started, which was pretty cool. Only three games have been made with MC in it. The game ended on pretty much a cliffhanger, so if a new Halo was not made to finish the story, everybody would be let down.

I am so sick and tired of people trying to compare this to cod, so many other games have loadouts and weapon unlocks. I think it is awesome that finally the armor you choose has a use besides just looking pretty. You know only a few things have came out so far, so I would wait till E3 before anybody starts saying oh man this game is crap, when only one video has came out showing very little gameplay.

While the idea of game informer articles on halo 4 was a good idea, no new info has come out since the 14 page coverstory. All the info is pretty much regurgitated from the coverstory.

bread's done
Back