FREE Motorstorm RC for PS Vita (starting tomorrow!)

[quote name='gueeds']If you get the free Vita version, do you also get a free PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

Per the article, it doesn't look that way - however, PS Plus members will get the game for $7.49 as opposed to the regular $9.99 price for the PS3 version. Also I think it says something about Vita owners being cooler than PS3 owners. Not sure though. ;)

I believe that this game will be able to compete against ps3 users while playing on the vita ala hustle kings.

[quote name='strait edge follower']What is the file size of this game ? I only have a 4 gig vita card[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Sony has specified, but i'm taking it as a standard "PSN game" size - so take, say, Hustle Kings, and go with something like that. Probably no larger than a gig if I had to guess.

I thought I read that this was a "cross play" game. Meaning that if you buy it on either the vita or PS3 you get it for the other.

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']I don't believe Sony has specified, but i'm taking it as a standard "PSN game" size - so take, say, Hustle Kings, and go with something like that. Probably no larger than a gig if I had to guess.[/QUOTE]

That does seem about right. I guess ill go to starbucks tommorow and try it. If it takes up to much space for my liking ill just delete it as its free anyway.

When sprint sponsored they gave away rag doll kungfu. When toyota sponsored they gave away a free LBP prius level. Now Scion is giving away a newly released vita game. Keep the ad sponsorships up Sony if they mean free stuff.:applause:

if i download the veeta version on the PSN store can i play it on my PS3? are veeta games playable on the PS3 ? anyone know ?

[quote name='Flying Frog']if i download the veeta version on the PSN store can i play it on my PS3? are veeta games playable on the PS3 ? anyone know ?[/QUOTE]
lol

[quote name='shadowrage']I thought I read that this was a "cross play" game. Meaning that if you buy it on either the vita or PS3 you get it for the other.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if you BUY it. Not if Sony hands you one version for free. If you want both versions you'd still be able to buy the PS+ version and get the vita one along with it.

[quote name='Flying Frog']if i download the veeta version on the PSN store can i play it on my PS3? are veeta games playable on the PS3 ? anyone know ?[/QUOTE]

Is the veeta a revision of the vita ? That was fast. I WANT MY MONEY BACK SONY !

No.

I was prepared to buy this anyway. I use to play the crap out of RC Pro Am. Now I can decide if I like it before buying the PS3 version.

Funny thing is I was thinking of buying a Scion iQ for a run around car instead of putting miles on our 2012 X5 or driving our 2011 Suburban unless we needed the room.

Haven't been a fan of the Motorstorm series, but this looks fun! Will give it a download for sure. Now I just need the "veeta".

[quote name='ijustw1n']I believe that this game will be able to compete against ps3 users while playing on the vita ala hustle kings.[/QUOTE]

This is fact. Correct sir!

thanks. its good that the veeta version isnt playable on the PS3. i wouldnt waste my time playing it anyway. ive got real PS3 games to play in my backlog.:applause:

[quote name='sukTHEfac']This is fact. Correct sir![/QUOTE]

I think the crossplay is only online leaderboards

This is to make you feel better after they drop the price to $180 in April. Early adopters - you got a free game, so don't complain. ;) Well, I'm hoping anyway. LOL.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I wonder if we can download the free vita version on a PS3 for later use? I don't own a vita yet. The wording on the blog makes me think that it may not be possible.[/QUOTE]

99% sure you can.. Maybe not they do make a point of that line.

[quote name='crunchewy']This is to make you feel better after they drop the price to $180 in April. Early adopters - you got a free game, so don't complain. ;) Well, I'm hoping anyway. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I think its funny the anybody thinks the Vita will drop more than $50

we're also getting UM Jammer Lammy :D

edit: PS Plus members only will get this PS One Classic

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flying Frog']thanks. its good that the veeta version isnt playable on the PS3. i wouldnt waste my time playing it anyway. ive got real PS3 games to play in my backlog.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Never post again.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have a Vita so this is amazing news!![/QUOTE]

I just got my Vita today so this is also amazing news! haha

supposedly there is a special store update time for midnight monday night/ tuesday morning so people can download their mass effect on time. an entire store update

This is awesome. I was going to buy it anyway, now I can use that $11 in PSN credit for something else. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Heres hoping this doesnt suck like Apocalypse but rules like Pacific Rift.[/QUOTE]

Eh, both were great. RC is way different though. That's the thing I like about Motorstorm, each game feels pretty different.

I was just going to check out the demo because I already have my sights on Unit13 however this means I'll be 'buying' M:RC Vita for sure.

[quote name='Japakneez']oh man these kids on the PS Blog..[/QUOTE]

People like that are why I can only look at gaming sites in short bursts. Gamers tend to be the worst when it comes to an entitlement mentality... :headache:

[quote name='BetaDemo']I was just going to check out the demo because I already have my sights on Unit13 however this means I'll be 'buying' M:RC Vita for sure.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow I'll be getting Unit 13 and Fifa from the TRU deal. And now Motorstorm for free? Not only is that a whole lot of game, but it further justifies getting a Vita day one. Sweet

bread's done
Back