- - - - -

FREE Motorstorm RC for PS Vita (starting tomorrow!)

#181 perfectmf1386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

perfectmf1386

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I can certainly see this happening considering what you're getting here is the "Scion exclusive version" and once the promotion goes away good luck finding it again on the PSN in order to download again in the future. In order to avoid 'losing' the game I suggest you use the Vita content manager to copy M:RC over to your PS3 for storage purposes whenever you feel the need to free space on your Vita memory card.

I don't think that'll be the case this time around. If you go back even further to 2008 or 2009, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic was free for a limited time, it was a promotion with Sprint. About 4 years later that game is still on my purchase history. Decent, mindless, party fighting game, btw.

I think that we should all be ok simply by "purchasing" it on the ps store. If you're tight on space or hate having those install bubbles on you're xmb you will most likely have access to it in the future.

#182 NEP   Oogaboogabooga CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

The amount of people I've seen complain about this games controls while completely neglecting to see if you can change them, is just staggering.

I think the game is really fun, but it's not the Motorstorm I know and love. Apolocolypse sucked, they need to give me a Vita version of Pacific Rift!

#183 lllGurulll   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

lllGurulll

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

What is the best control scheme?

#184 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3145 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

@Nep.

Yea but changing the controls (while easy) is kind of strange too. I would have thought that it'd have been more intuitive for the way the game works.

@III

I use the joystick towards the direction I want to go, x for gas, a o for brake.

That keeps it closer to what I'm used to. I still have issues with REAL R/C cars because my mind doesn't compensate for changes in directions. And that happens ALOT in game.

I'm debating spending the 7.50 for the PS+ PS3 version.

#185 WyldRyce  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I love this game also but it was challenging trying to get all three medals for each event. However, I did enjoy the default controls (right stick gas/brake, left stick steer) since holding X in Wipeout made my thumb sore after a while.

#186 Distrato   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Distrato

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

This game is pretty addicting and fun. I played it for hours already and even bought a 50 cent car. I got use to the controls in about fifteen minutes but they are difficult to master.