Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Fightstick Wii $19.99 at GS B&M

The price dropped around the same time as the Brawlstick, but good luck finding it since it came out at least 2 years ago.
I'm now saving up for a Cthulhu board.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Thanks for the heads up, gonna grab this for my PC.[/QUOTE]
It works on the PC?

I got a $50 GS gift card, so I'm thinking about getting 2 of these for some PC emulators. Maybe I'll build my own case for a 2 player setup.. I noticed it plugs into the wiimote though. Really don't want to get these cheap $20 sticks and put $100 into them to get them working the way I want. Should have just picked up a few 360 sticks when they were in stock locally for 30 bucks.

Thanks OP!

Iasked my local game stop before when i purchased my madcatz WWE fightstick for cheap if they still had the Tatsunoko one since i remember having them before. The GS employee told me they were sold out for months now. Anyway, good luck to everyone else.

Nearest ones to me are 70-90 miles away. Not worth the gas, though is anyone scores more than one and wants to hookup a fellow CAG'er...

Hmmm... thinking about getting one of these with the mayflash adapter. Very promising, although I have one for my 360 already.

hey CAGs,

some questions for y'all re fightsticks. my brother has a wii & likes arcade-type (pacman, centipede, galaga, pinball), shooters (time crisis, ghost squad), and simple racing (mario kart) games.

1) will this stick work with stuff like that? can i tell from the type controllers shown on the back of the case, or do i just have to try? (i tried a HORI fightstick a while back & very little stuff was compatible.)

2) the major complication is that he has fine motor coordination problems. what would work best for him would be if the nunchuck thumbstick could be mapped to a joystick & nunchuck/remote buttons (which are kinda tiny for him) could be mapped to the larger box buttons.

i tried googling for gaming controllers for paraplegics/other peeps with limited motion but couldn't find anything beyond custom-built $$$ stuff. i don't know how to build my own box. what do y'all recommend?

pls PM me if your answer is too off-topic or involved for this thread.
TIA for your help.

[quote name='apterous']Nearest ones to me are 70-90 miles away. Not worth the gas, though is anyone scores more than one and wants to hookup a fellow CAG'er...[/QUOTE]

GameStop does store-to-store shipping.

It's definitely worth $20, and the buttons are close to Sanwa quality so you don't really have to worry about replacing them for a while. And if you want it to work on other consoles, it's a little easy to do so, either by installing a MC Cthulhu Board inside for a variety of consoles, or just using an adapter.

[quote name='ivana89']hey CAGs,

some questions for y'all re fightsticks. my brother has a wii & likes arcade-type (pacman, centipede, galaga, pinball), shooters (time crisis, ghost squad), and simple racing (mario kart) games.

1) will this stick work with stuff like that? can i tell from the type controllers shown on the back of the case, or do i just have to try? (i tried a HORI fightstick a while back & very little stuff was compatible.)

2) the major complication is that he has fine motor coordination problems. what would work best for him would be if the nunchuck thumbstick could be mapped to a joystick & nunchuck/remote buttons (which are kinda tiny for him) could be mapped to the larger box buttons.

i tried googling for gaming controllers for paraplegics/other peeps with limited motion but couldn't find anything beyond custom-built $$$ stuff. i don't know how to build my own box. what do y'all recommend?

TIA for your help.[/QUOTE]
Check out the Avenger controller. It might have gotten some bad PR recently due to the Marketing company, but it seems like something that might help him.

This controller should work okay with old arcade type games like Galaga and such, since that's the layout of the old arcade games (stick and buttons), but it won't really work for anything that needs thumbstick and pointer (via remote), so shooters like the ones you listed and driving games are pretty much out.

Trade-in Batman: AC (360) $23 credit. After scanned my card i got $28 credit. Picked up last Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Fightstick still have $8 Credit left in my account. Also, keep batman: AC catwoman as a bonus. Spent $10.81 at Bestbuy ;)

A gamestop has one for me. I want to trade in a Batman AC ps3 to get it. Is there a trade in bonus towards accesories? How would you get 28 in credit if the card will only give you 10% of 23?

[quote name='whitereflection']It's possible no one will know this, but is this better than the WWE All-Stars stick?[/QUOTE]

They are the exact same stick when it comes to stick and buttons, I just swapped the insides from a 360 to wii.

[quote name='Gosha']Really only good if you plan on using it on something else other than a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to disagree since it's great for the game it was originally intended for (TvC), KoF collection, Samurai Shodown collection, SSBB & 1-2 other Wii games I can't think of off the top of my head sitting in my media room.

[quote name='ivana89']hey CAGs,

TIA for your help.[/QUOTE]

Avenger controller like another poster said would be good for him. This stick should work for most of those types of games IF the developer allows the use of a classic controller pro since this is recognized as something similar by the Wii. Also, the game has to support a digital stick (instead of analog) because even though there's a 3-way rocker switch for these options, it won't work sometimes.

[quote name='Masterkyo']my local GS have it in stock! I wonder it worth $20 or not ?? Any suggestion here ??[/QUOTE]

Yes, mos def worth it for $20! When it originally came out, it was $80. In my humble joystick collector opinion, I'd pay no more than $40 for it. It's much much much better than the Hori craptastic Wii joystick (stick & buttons are much easier to swap out & they're much better bonestock) & I love Hori, haha!

[quote name='Nintendonly']GameStop does store-to-store shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do however it's up to the GM at the ship-to GS if he/she wants to do it based on if it's worth it to him/her. As in, most of the time they won't ship a $5 game to another store but will ship a $100 CE game, etc.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Holy crap that's a good deal. Even better if this thing works for Wii U![/QUOTE]

Nintendo has already stated all Wii (but no Gamecube) accessories will be compatible with the Wii-U. I'm gonna be hella pissed off if they change their mind because I'm having a custom made $550+ all-metal & carbon fiber arcade joystick being built right now for PS3, 360 & Wii compatibility. That Wii part of it's costing me $50+ & will be worthless if the Wii-U's not gonna be compatible with it, LOL!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']These have been $20 for a while. Saw a guy buy the last one last night at the ME3 midnight release.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whitereflection']It's possible no one will know this, but is this better than the WWE All-Stars stick?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shinclyde']They are the exact same stick when it comes to stick and buttons, I just swapped the insides from a 360 to wii.[/QUOTE]

Yup, same exact parts minus the PCB & artwork.

Nice. I might actually get this to play on PS3 then, though I'm not sure about the quality of that Mayflash adapter (I had a similar one for Dreamcast and it stopped working after several months).

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']
Yes they do however it's up to the GM at the ship-to GS if he/she wants to do it based on if it's worth it to him/her. As in, most of the time they won't ship a $5 game to another store but will ship a $100 CE game, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, pretty much this. I tried getting the WWE Brawl Stick shipped from one store to another; but the manager wouldn't do it. Even the associate I dealt with was telling me that she doesn't go the extra mile for the customer, etc.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Yes, it should come in a retail box.[/QUOTE]

Ooo... Thanks!:) I may see if I can get 1 of these.

Unlike the Hori Stick, the MadCatz TvC stick has analog sensitivity on the joystick, making it compatible with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

If this is anything like the brawl and sf4 SE, the stick is only useful for the case as the buttons and joystick are practically useless. They will malfunction short into the life of the stick. If you spend anywhere between $25 and $50 for new buttons and a joystick then you will have an excellent arcade stick. Otherwise not worth the time IMHO

[quote name='MillerTime2523']A very informative answer. Thank you :roll:[/QUOTE]

I had to give an answer that an elite, kingly PC gamer would respond with, because there are hardly any of them here to give such a snarky remark.
they aren't going to be here if they get their games for free instead of waiting for "deals"

[quote name='juanawoman']Would this work on 360 too?[/QUOTE]

It would need drivers to understand it, so the only way is if you have an adapter that converts Wii proprietary accessories into a deceiving Xbox 360 controller.

[quote name='jello44']Yup, pretty much this. I tried getting the WWE Brawl Stick shipped from one store to another; but the manager wouldn't do it. Even the associate I dealt with was telling me that she doesn't go the extra mile for the customer, etc.[/QUOTE]

I did it 1-time & that was only because it was the $140 MvC2 TE stick. I dunno if the originally store's GM was waiting for a large shipment to send off to the closes GS I had requested it shipped to or if the original store's GM was just plain dayam lazy because it took him over 2-weeks to ship (not including days in transit)!!! That's the last time I'm only gonna request a store transfer.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ooo... Thanks!:) I may see if I can get 1 of these.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :)

[quote name='Nintendonly']Unlike the Hori Stick, the MadCatz TvC stick has analog sensitivity on the joystick, making it compatible with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it works with SSBB pretty well.

[quote name='Zamora']If this is anything like the brawl and sf4 SE, the stick is only useful for the case as the buttons and joystick are practically useless. They will malfunction short into the life of the stick. If you spend anywhere between $25 and $50 for new buttons and a joystick then you will have an excellent arcade stick. Otherwise not worth the time IMHO[/QUOTE]

The buttons & joystick lever are the same as the WWE Brawlstick which in turn are much better than the parts in the SF4 SE stick. Are the parts as good as Sanwa/Seimitsu's?!?...Nope, but good enough especially for a $20 purchase. FWIW, I've had it mine for awhile with no issues whatsoever.

fightstick.jpg

Just to illustrate that you can easily mod those sticks. This is what I did to my brawlstick. Changed all parts to Sanwa.

I hate Blanka, but anything is better than that whatever the hell was on that thing before.

I own two of these, and they're great.

Got it. WOOP!:)

That is a big box with a nice, heavy fightstick with my beloved Chun Li on it!.. and others. It's like they're giving them away! I have a PS2 controller with Chun Li on it, too... still in the box.

Thanks OP!:D

I picked mine up yesterday. I had the GameStop closest to me do store-to-store shipping for it. Those of you who think you can't get one because there is a GameStop 50 million miles away can at least have it shipped to your closest store by asking the manager politely. Anything for them to get games/accessories out of inventory.

Got one of these shipped. At first guy was probly wont happen cause stores in said area ethier dont or take for ever. But it got shipped yesterday. This same store got me a.brawl stick shipped so they are one of the few gs that get a thumbs up.

I wish these could be adapted to the 360. My local gs have bunches of these but i hate my wii so id have zero use for it.

bread's done
Back