NCAA Basketball 10 PS3 Clearance $12.99 YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I'm not sure if this is nationwide but today I found an NCAA Basketball 10 (Blake Griffin on the cover) for the PS3 at my local KMart for $12.99 on clearance.

I remember reading somewhere here that it was rare or something to that effect.

I checked Amazon and they have it between $75-$83 new and a sealed copy went for $80 on Ebay about 3 days ago. Just something to look for if you're there.

[quote name='coopscohen']I'm not sure if this is nationwide but today I found an NCAA Basketball 10 (Blake Griffin on the cover) for the PS3 at my local KMart for $12.99 on clearance.

I remember reading somewhere here that it was rare or something to that effect.

I checked Amazon and they have it between $75-$83 new and a sealed copy went for $80 on Ebay about 3 days ago. Just something to look for if you're there.[/QUOTE]

Wow you're not kidding, these ending listings are pretty high up there... move over NCAA 2k3 for Gamecube, there's a new confoundingly valuable college basketball game in town!

I'm pretty sure it's "rare" because it is the last college basketball game to be produced. GS sells a used copy for $35.

Yep, Xbox version is rare also, for the reason mentioned: it's the last college basketball game on either console. The price always spikes this time of year (March Madness).

[quote name='Geco17']I'm pretty sure it's "rare" because it is the last college basketball game to be produced. GS sells a used copy for $35.[/QUOTE]

Didn't think of it that way...prolly shouldn't have traded in my copy of 2k10 way back when...

This thread made me look up NCAA Basketball 2K8 for the 360. Some moron paid $30 shipped for a disc-only copy. I have a complete copy sitting here that I got for free from GameFly. Might have to eye if anyone is willing to pay a stupid amount for it in the coming weeks.

[quote name='Kyjb']I wish this game would make a come back. Why won't they make College Basketball 13?[/QUOTE]

1. EA forced 2K out by strong arming the NCAA to give it an exclusive license to all things NCAA (at least on disc, there is an NCAA Lacrosse game on XBL Indie)

2. Diminishing sales vs. rising costs made it unprofitable for EA to continue making college b-ball games. NCAA wouldn't budge in allowing EA to put the game out in March, or any month that wasn't November. Ever since 2007 November has become the biggest game release month (with Sept., Oct., March, and May close behind) and the college b-ball games get overshadowed by the CoD, AC, etc. of the gaming world. Also releasing 1 month after the NBA games didn't help.

[quote name='MSUHitman']1. EA forced 2K out by strong arming the NCAA to give it an exclusive license to all things NCAA (at least on disc, there is an NCAA Lacrosse game on XBL Indie)

2. Diminishing sales vs. rising costs made it unprofitable for EA to continue making college b-ball games. NCAA wouldn't budge in allowing EA to put the game out in March, or any month that wasn't November. Ever since 2007 November has become the biggest game release month (with Sept., Oct., March, and May close behind) and the college b-ball games get overshadowed by the CoD, AC, etc. of the gaming world. Also releasing 1 month after the NBA games didn't help.[/QUOTE]

I think they also stopped making with the impending lawsuit against them for using player likeness. At one point I think they thought about stopping the NCAA football too. I could be wrong on this.

[quote name='mdsinc2']I think they also stopped making with the impending lawsuit against them for using player likeness. At one point I think they thought about stopping the NCAA football too. I could be wrong on this.[/QUOTE]

The company said it was sales. Looking at the published numbers (if you can trust them) sales were bad. EA has the rights for at least 2 more years I think so we'll see. They do have NBA Live coming back this year confirmed so maybe next year we get a new college hoops game. Me and several of my friends still play College Hoops 2k8 because of the void out there. It's the only game I own for both systems that I never trade.

[quote name='mdsinc2']I think they also stopped making with the impending lawsuit against them for using player likeness. At one point I think they thought about stopping the NCAA football too. I could be wrong on this.[/QUOTE]

That is a factor also, but NCAA Football sells 1M plus copies each year b/c it comes out in July against no competition and it ties into Madden so they still produce it each year, despite the pending litigation. RG III of Baylor who won the Heisman is the cover athlete this year for NCAA Football 13.

Fair enough. Remember don't cag without waking up first[quote name='shadowkast']Another target clearance thread...go figure[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This thread made me look up NCAA Basketball 2K8 for the 360. Some moron paid $30 shipped for a disc-only copy. I have a complete copy sitting here that I got for free from GameFly. Might have to eye if anyone is willing to pay a stupid amount for it in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

Someone will, and they aren't really morons for doing it. It is 10 times better than the EA college basketball games. No competition. If you want a good college basketball game you have to get Hoops 2k8. No different than people paying $30 for any other 4/5 year old game.

The EA basketball games are horrific compared to the 2k games. If you are thinking about buying this to play, just save your money and plop it down on Hoops 2k8, or save more and grab Hoops 2k7. So much better.

Eh, ok, maybe it was a little harsh calling someone a moron. 2K8 was a great game. I just have a hard time thinking it's worth $30 for a disc-only copy. I mean, I paid like $30 for MVP 2005 on the PC a year after it's release, but that's because people were releasing roster updates for it and such.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Eh, ok, maybe it was a little harsh calling someone a moron. 2K8 was a great game. I just have a hard time thinking it's worth $30 for a disc-only copy. I mean, I paid like $30 for MVP 2005 on the PC a year after it's release, but that's because people were releasing roster updates for it and such.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked what MVP 2005 for the PC goes for now? I sold one last year for $55 or so. Check out Madden 2008 for the PC also.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Eh, ok, maybe it was a little harsh calling someone a moron. 2K8 was a great game. I just have a hard time thinking it's worth $30 for a disc-only copy. I mean, I paid like $30 for MVP 2005 on the PC a year after it's release, but that's because people were releasing roster updates for it and such.[/QUOTE]

They're still releasing rosters for 2K8 and it still plays great although the graphics are getting stale.

I don't see paying $30 for it when you can get at Gamestop for $6

[quote name='dagame92']They're still releasing rosters for 2K8 and it still plays great although the graphics are getting stale.

I don't see paying $30 for it when you can get at Gamestop for $6[/QUOTE]

I see. I think I'll just shut up now lol

Forgot that my K-Mart had one. Snagged that and a $5 hot and ready at Little Caesars. Now to either do my taxes and then play Kingdoms of Amalur or just play Amalur. ;)

I don't know why this is getting 1 star. Since this is the last college basketball game made and will not have a newer version it's been expensive for years now. I've been waiting very patiently. Everywhere I look it's $30+. I want it for 360 instead of my PS3. Good deal considering the other prices of it.

College basketball?? No thanks, that's worse than watching professional basketball. Playing college basketball on a console is the pits... but if you can turn it around and make $50, now THAT's a different story!! Too bad my K-Mart didnt have any when I checked today, thanks anyway OP!

[quote name='shivan128']College basketball?? No thanks, that's worse than watching professional basketball. Playing college basketball on a console is the pits... but if you can turn it around and make $50, now THAT's a different story!! Too bad my K-Mart didnt have any when I checked today, thanks anyway OP![/QUOTE]

Holy s--t, are you kidding? Nothing better in the sports world than College Basketball, Win it or out conference tournaments and March Madness.

I pickked up 3. 1 360 and 2 for PS3 for $14 each after tax. Put them on auction on Ebay and got $145 when my auctions closed. Last one went for $54. I couldn't believe it myself.

bread's done
Back