PS3 3D Display Bundle (Display, Glasses, MLB 12 The show - 299.99 Bestbuy Newegg

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys both bestbuy and newegg have this offer it's similar to the old offer but also includes MLB 12 The show. Price is 299.99. Obviously for most if you go with newegg you get no tax and free shipping, but some may have best buy credit and may want to use that towards their purchase. And if you've recently purchased from best buy you prob could go back and get the new package with the mlb game if you wanted. Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.

Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo..._-na&AID=10440897&PID=2026489&SID=2vD3Dez7pD1

Bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PS3+3D+...cmprd175900050006&ref=39&CJPID=2026489&loc=01

If it works, the Show has a feature that I think makes this a great purchase.

• SimulView™ Functionality with PlayStation®3D Display (PS3) – MLB 12 The Show will incorporate SimulView™ technology that allows two people to play head to head without seeing each other’s screen while playing on the PlayStation®3D Display. It uses the same technology as Stereoscopic 3D, but instead of sending image A to the left eye and image B to the right Eye, we send image A to player 1 and image B to player 2.

This is a really good price, for 299 you get the display, Motorstorm, MLB, and 2 pairs of glasses. The lowest it's ever been is 299 and they are now adding a brand new 60 dollar game and extra pair of glasses. A lot of people have been saying they were waiting for it to hit 200, this is pretty much that price with all the extras.

[quote name='srac84']Best buys picture also shows motor storm apocalypse, while newegg does not, unless that game comes standard in the package, which I'm unsure about, so maybe someone can let us know.
[/QUOTE]
Every 3D display comes with MotorStorm: Apocalypse Newegg even shows it in the pictures/details to confirm its in there. BB and AMZ details confirm its in there as well.

I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this even though I was waiting on $249 or $199. Thanks OP!

I think they probably just bumped up the price to make it look like an even better deal, I think they've had it off and on for 299 for a long time. They really didn't need to do that though, cause if you were ever thinking about buying the display this is already a crazy deal.

I bit on this at $299 back in December when it only came with Motorstorm and one pair of glasses. I've been happy with the purchase as I use it in the bedroom.

I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I had waited...especially with the extra glasses and the fact that I had The Show preordered.

So so tempting....

But I have to hold off since I plan on buying an iPad 3 next week (that's ~$700 right there). That and I really dont need this right now, it would be sweet, but I'm the only one who cares for 3D gaming (my wife doesn't even watch TV) and I don't even have space on my room for it as is. If it came with another game, I would buy, but not a MLB game.

Heads up: I pulled the trigger with newegg and it appears as though newegg splits this order into two different orders wherein the 3D display and MLB are one order for $230.00 while the 2nd pair of glasses is a separate order for $69.99. From what I understand this means you can return the 2nd pair of glasses but keep the 3D plus MLB for $230 and if you sell off MLB for $40 on ebay your grand total for the 3D LCD plus Motorstorm is going to be $190.00!!!

[quote name='BetaDemo']Heads up: I pulled the trigger with newegg and it appears as though newegg splits this order into two different orders wherein the 3D display and MLB are one order for $230.00 while the 2nd pair of glasses is a separate order for $69.99. From what I understand this means you can return the 2nd pair of glasses but keep the 3D plus MLB for $230 and if you sell off MLB for $40 on ebay your grand total for the 3D LCD plus Motorstorm is going to be $190.00!!![/QUOTE]

Interesting - I don't want top start the usual argument about this thing being worth it but for me that's about the right price for what I want to pay.

Really tempted by this deal. I have a 42 inch plasma though only 720p. Kinda big for my studio apartment but if I can sell that plasma for $200 on craigslist, then this would be $99 for me. Plus I don't watch TV much and my Roku box is my "TV"

Two things. When ordering from Newegg, if you use Shoprunner, it splits all three items into separate orders it seems.

But here is the catch. All three order/items would be placed under a "Limited Replacement Only Return Policy", which means:

• Return for refund within: non-refundable
  • Return for replacement within: 30 days
Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item, if the original is no longer available. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

[quote name='BetaDemo']Heads up: I pulled the trigger with newegg and it appears as though newegg splits this order into two different orders wherein the 3D display and MLB are one order for $230.00 while the 2nd pair of glasses is a separate order for $69.99. From what I understand this means you can return the 2nd pair of glasses but keep the 3D plus MLB for $230 and if you sell off MLB for $40 on ebay your grand total for the 3D LCD plus Motorstorm is going to be $190.00!!![/QUOTE]
Does it include motor storm apacolypse?

This was the deal I was waiting for -- the extra pair of glasses and a newly released game that takes advantage of simulview. Thanks OP.

[quote name='nightmare452']Two things. When ordering from Newegg, if you use Shoprunner, it splits all three items into separate orders it seems.

But here is the catch. All three order/items would be placed under a "Limited Replacement Only Return Policy", which means:

Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item, if the original is no longer available. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. That said: nothing bars you from 'returning' your extra 3D glasses to eBay.

[quote name='nightmare452']

Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-refundable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item, if the original is no longer available. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing customer reviews and forum posts about the displays dying after a month or so...is that possibly why they have a limited return on this?

[quote name='BetaDemo']You are correct. That said: nothing bars you from 'returning' your extra 3D glasses to eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are correct. I was planning to ebay both the glasses and MLB 12. But I probably have to hold out in the end, cause I really don't need this that much, and would rather spend $300 on a PS Vita than a TV that is unnecessary at the current time. But if it drops lower in overall price, I might have to finally bite.

So, so tempting - especially knowing I can sell off The Show for $50+.

Now if it only had a Thunderbolt port ...

(I have to keep finding myself reasons to not buy it!)

[quote name='Jon7']I keep seeing customer reviews and forum posts about the displays dying after a month or so...is that possibly why they have a limited return on this?[/QUOTE]

This is the only reason why I haven't already pulled the trigger on this deal.

People generally seem to give it a lot of praise, despite its "small" 24" screen size, but once it does (usually due to power failure I believe) after a month it sours a lot of people's experience with it. I would be pissed as hell.

[quote name='Kylearan']So, so tempting - especially knowing I can sell off The Show for $50+.

Now if it only had a Thunderbolt port ...

(I have to keep finding myself reasons to not buy it!)[/QUOTE]

FYI you can get a cable for your Thunderbolt from monoprice for about 2 bucks. I've got mine plugged in to an adapter, then hdmi, and it works fine...

Hopefully I can do a return/exchange and get in on this deal at Best Buy. I bought the display on 1/28 and since then I've became a Premier Silver member & they also applied the Premier bonus to that transaction so hopefully that keeps me within the 45-day Silver return policy.

[quote name='neworleans7']Hopefully I can do a return/exchange and get in on this deal at Best Buy. I bought the display on 1/28 and since then I've became a Premier Silver member & they also applied the Premier bonus to that transaction so hopefully that keeps me within the 45-day Silver return policy.[/QUOTE]

Might try just calling them up first and asking for a price match - it worked for everyone when the Move bundle got lowered in price and it's a lot easier than returning/rebuying in store.

[quote name='mtxbass1']FYI you can get a cable for your Thunderbolt from monoprice for about 2 bucks. I've got mine plugged in to an adapter, then hdmi, and it works fine...[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:$ So evil!! I'm trying to not spend money!

;)

[quote name='Mugatu']Might try just calling them up first and asking for a price match - it worked for everyone when the Move bundle got lowered in price and it's a lot easier than returning/rebuying in store.[/QUOTE]

Calling the store up? I wasn't going to physically bring in the stuff I bought, just the receipt. I don't see why it wouldn't be as easy as just having them do the return/exchange and just adding the glasses and MLB 12 to the order.

At least now that it sold out on Newegg I don't feel too bad about my purchase.

I felt remorse right after buying but thinking about it maybe this can work well. I'll just get rid of my CRT HDTV which I no longer use and put this in its place, that will give me more desk space as well.

wow, I ordered one and the glasses are out of stock so my order total just dropped to 230$ :D well, assuming the 3d display and the game shipped. They split the order in 3 charges, 170ish for the display, 60ish for the game and 70ish for the glasses. I already have a 3d tv so I didn't really need the glasses anyways. Hopefully the display and game ships for 230!

[quote name='Beefyheart']wow, I ordered one and the glasses are out of stock so my order total just dropped to 230$ :D well, assuming the 3d display and the game shipped. They split the order in 3 charges, 170ish for the display, 60ish for the game and 70ish for the glasses. I already have a 3d tv so I didn't really need the glasses anyways. Hopefully the display and game ships for 230![/QUOTE]

Now this is a much more acceptable price :applause:

Hmm. I needed a good TV for my Xbox and PS3 and this looks like a decent deal. My recliner is only like 5 feet from my TV stand.

I mean it's got two HDMI ports and a headphone jack so I would be all set.

So far excellent reviews online that only complain about the size and glare. (Glare not being a problem since I only play video games after nightfall.) Also a few people complain about it power failing on them.

Has anyone actually bought and used this for their PS3 and Xbox? Any Issues?

Man wouldn't it be ironic if I got this after saying the whole 3D TV thing was nothing but a stupid flash in the pan way to sell a few extra TVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys just a heads up, these PS3 3D displays have problems. I just had to contact Sony after owning this display for 2 months (used it very lightly, maybe 30 hours total), and have to get a replacement via Warrenty.

Blinking red light of doom (Display blinks red twice.....dead, will no longer display picture)
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911720?start=0&tstart=0

Black Screen (picture will cut out for 2 seconds and come back on by it self, this is a symptom that then leads to red light of doom, it happen 10 days, about 1 time every 3 hours) Huge 30 page thread on this topic with no solution.
http://sony-cea.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/3911087?start=15&tstart=0

Article of The Black Screen problem (This is very common, you will run in to it one time or another)
http://sony-cea.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/37264123#37264123

This is a good monitor, but If you MUST get it, pleas dont make the same mistake as me and not get a extended warrently, promise you will thank me later. I barely made it under the 90 day limited sony warremty.

[quote name='Jon7']I keep seeing customer reviews and forum posts about the displays dying after a month or so...is that possibly why they have a limited return on this?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, its very common for these to die withen a couple of months. Some people had it die within a week! couple of other users are on their 3rd warrenty replacement display.

Does anyone know whats the return period for this 3d display is at Bestbuy? I purchased it Dec 20th, 2011, mine already died due to the common hardware defect in this display ("Handshake error via HDMI", "Blinking black screen" and "Red light of Doom"

I purchased this display from bestbuy when they had the first price drop and ended up returning the unit after 1 month of use. It would randomly black screen for a few seconds at a time while watching movies. It never did it while gaming but I still couldn't chance it. I instead went with a toshiba 32tl5155u http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/electronics-detail.to?poid=517421 that I found for $300 refurbished. I highly recommend this tv....couldn't be happier

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Hmm. I needed a good TV for my Xbox and PS3 and this looks like a decent deal. My recliner is only like 5 feet from my TV stand.

I mean it's got two HDMI ports and a headphone jack so I would be all set.

So far excellent reviews online that only complain about the size and glare. (Glare not being a problem since I only play video games after nightfall.) Also a few people complain about it power failing on them.

Has anyone actually bought and used this for their PS3 and Xbox? Any Issues?

Man wouldn't it be ironic if I got this after saying the whole 3D TV thing was nothing but a stupid flash in the pan way to sell a few extra TVs.[/QUOTE]

Yes I own it, and use it for PS3, 360, and PC and had several issues, but their all hardware issues (3D display itself) Their are tons of threads with people experencing same problems, mine is completly dead and have to return it to Sony. I personally thinking their clearing this display out so they can release a newer updated version (hopefully without the shitty 3D mechanism that break the whole monitor and make it useless) When I called Sony Warrenty/Repair hotline, I told them I was having problems with the PS3 3D display, and his first respons was "blinking red light sir?". Im like yep, he said your going to need to send it to us and we will send you a brand new 3D display, he said he personally dealt with many folks with same problem and no trouble shooting can fix it, so they just skip that now and automatically tell you to send it in.

Im not trying to scare you guys from buying it, but buy an extended warrenty to be safe.

Well Crap. I guess the whole red light of doom thing is a common problem then.

I wish I could hear from someone who had this and it worked fine for a year but I keep on hearing about units not working.

If I can get an extended warranty from Best Buy then I might consider getting this. After all it can't be a 100% product defect ratio and I might get lucky and grab one that won't have any issues.

[quote name='spicoli420']I purchased this display from bestbuy when they had the first price drop and ended up returning the unit after 1 month of use. It would randomly black screen for a few seconds at a time while watching movies. It never did it while gaming but I still couldn't chance it. I instead went with a toshiba 32tl5155u http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/electronics-detail.to?poid=517421 that I found for $300 refurbished. I highly recommend this tv....couldn't be happier[/QUOTE]

You got lucky, mine been randomly black screening (cuts off for 2 seconds, then pic comes back) for almost 2 weeks, then I come home today, and its completely dead no (rred light blinks twice, never powers on) When I get mine back from Sony repair, I am selling it ASAP!

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Well Crap. I guess the whole red light of doom thing is a common problem then.

I wish I could hear from someone who had this and it worked fine for a year but I keep on hearing about units not working.[/QUOTE]

Trust me I was a huge supporter of this monitor (several post on CAG of me boosting about how great this monitor is) but now I look like an a-hole lol because if I knew then what I knew now due to my lack of research, I would never of made the purchase. I would of just looked for a larger 3d computer monitor for a little bit more cash.

Well part of me just wants to gamble on this thing and hopefully get one that doesn't go bad but mostly I am thinking that I am just not that lucky.

[quote name='Poor2More']Trust me I was a huge supporter of this monitor (several post on CAG of me boosting about how great this monitor is) but now I look like an a-hole lol because if I knew then what I knew now due to my lack of research, I would never of made the purchase. I would of just looked for a larger 3d computer monitor for a little bit more cash.[/QUOTE]

I just bought one today, it's already acting fussy on me. I should have looked into it more. I'm returning it tomorrow for my money back. When the customer service rep asks me why I'm returning it I should just say "Oh, I don't know.. 95% failure rate".

It IS a very nice set and this IS a very good deal.. if you can somehow get one that's in great shape.. perhaps from a 2nd or 3rd manufacturing run, if they even ended up needing those because this tv sold like a pile of crap.

[quote name='NEP']I just bought one today, it's already acting fussy on me. I should have looked into it more. I'm returning it tomorrow for my money back. When the customer service rep asks me why I'm returning it I should just say "Oh, I don't know.. 95% failure rate".

It IS a very nice set and this IS a very good deal.. if you can somehow get one that's in great shape.. perhaps from a 2nd or 3rd manufacturing run, if they even ended up needing those because this tv sold like a pile of crap.[/QUOTE]

Yep I would say take it back, and wait for a revision.

bread's done
Back