[Android] Premium Apps - 50cents, TuneIn Radio Pro - 25cents

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Was looking through the Android Market (or Google Play now), and found Dead Space and Need for Speed by EA were available for 50cents each. There may be more 50cent offers by EA, but I would be unable to see their prices as I've already purchased them.

Edit: Found Asphalt 6 on sale as well. Gameloft game, meaning this sale isn't limited to EA.
Edit 2: Found a list of all 50cent games.

All 50cent Apps
Where's My Water - 25cents
Flick Golf Extreme - 25cents
Quell Reflect - 25cents
Paper Camera - 25cents
Smart Tools - 25cents
Camera Zoom FX - 25cents
TuneIn Radio Pro - 25cents

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Link2999']Was looking through the Android Market (or Google Play now), and found Dead Space and Need for Speed by EA were available for 50cents each. There may be more 50cent offers by EA, but I would be unable to see their prices as I've already purchased them.

Edit: Found Asphalt 6 on sale as well. Gameloft game, meaning this sale isn't limited to EA.

Dead Space
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Asphalt 6
Nova 2[/QUOTE]

Woo! I've been waiting for Dead Space to go on sale so I could pick it up. Had it on my 3GS, loved it. Can't wait to see what it's like on my Galaxy Nexus.

They also have 49 cent apps too:

Some notables include: World of Goo, Osmos, NFL Flick Quarterback, Flick Golf Extreme, and other non-gaming apps.

Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...RfYXBwc19VU19fMl9wcm9tb18xMzMxMDU4MzY0ODI1Il0.

Edit:
Almost bought Osmos and World of Goo. Just remember I bought the Humble Android Bundle not too long ago. Guess my HP Touchpad is gonna be resurrected with the new "Google Play"

By the way guys, if anyone is interested: Now! That's what I call Music #41 is on sale for a quarter.
Link: https://play.google.com/store/music...lZF9tdXNpY19fXzFfcHJvbW9fMTMzMTA1ODEyNzE1MiJd

[quote name='vlv723']Guess my HP Touchpad is gonna be resurrected with the new "Google Play"
[/QUOTE]

You might have to jump through hoops to get some of those games to work on the Touchpad, mostly just the EA and Gameloft ones. The others should be fine.

EA for some reason won't download the data so you will have to get the data downloaded to another device like a phone and then copy it over. I did read that Google way upped their limit on how big of a size apps can be uploaded though so in the future they could update to just have the whole thing push via the market instead of in app data downloads.

Gameloft is always a pain in the ass on most devices unless you have one of the very short list of specific devices they support. Otherwise you may be forced to edit the build.prop to make your device broadcast that it's a different device to fool the market and/or use Chainfire to emulate Tegra or PowerVR chips.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for pointing this out. Now I will have another round of many small transactions from Google just like I did at Christmas. :p

*edit: Oh and Kindle Fire people keep an eye out because some of these might get price matched at Amazon. I know they did that for a few of the sale apps before Christmas. I imagine at least Dead Space will get a match but we'll see. I just checked there and nothing yet.

I'm new to Android altogether with the HP Touchpad as well, but will be getting an android phone in about month (finally getting rid of this Blackberry...). There's no way to transfer these over (Apps and games I purchase) to my new device, is there? I know with Amazon's App market you can, just not sure how Google Play works.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I'm new to Android altogether with the HP Touchpad as well, but will be getting an android phone in about month (finally getting rid of this Blackberry...). There's no way to transfer these over (Apps and games I purchase) to my new device, is there? I know with Amazon's App market you can, just not sure how Google Play works.[/QUOTE]

When you buy them they are attached to your Google account. You can then download them on any of your Android devices as long as you've set the device up with your Google account info.

It works similar to Amazon in that regard. You won't have to buy apps multiple times, just once. You can also buy via the web as long as you have at least one Android device linked to your Google account.

Damn! Thanks OP. Lots of titles I want. Shadowgun, Pocket League Story and both Flick games for me. Has anyone played Dead Space? Is it the same game as PS3/360/PC or is it a new story?

[quote name='Motoki']When you buy them they are attached to your Google account. You can then download them on any of your Android devices as long as you've set the device up with your Google account info.

It works similar to Amazon in that regard. You won't have to buy apps multiple times, just once. You can also buy via the web as long as you have at least one Android device linked to your Google account.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks for the response, Motoki! I'll be picking up a few of these then!

[quote name='Mike UFC']Damn! Thanks OP. Lots of titles I want. Shadowgun, Pocket League Story and both Flick games for me. Has anyone played Dead Space? Is it the same game as PS3/360/PC or is it a new story?[/QUOTE]

Finally Dead Space is on sale! Yeah it's a great game, different story and probably the best mobile game imo.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Damn! Thanks OP. Lots of titles I want. Shadowgun, Pocket League Story and both Flick games for me. Has anyone played Dead Space? Is it the same game as PS3/360/PC or is it a new story?[/QUOTE]

New game, but there are actually references to it in DS2. It's a fantastic mobile game - by far the best I've played. I can't wait to replay it on my Android.

There's a market glitch with NOVA 2. Even if you buy it you can't download it. I got an email that my order was cancelled and wasn't charged even though I was. So now i'm waiting to get my .49 cents back.

Is NOVA 2 any good? :bouncy:

[quote name='Sway']Dead Space was PM'd by Amazon for $0.49[/QUOTE]

They also price matched Where's My Water, Tune In Radio, Jamie Oliver, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Little Critter. Possibly others but those were all the ones I could find at the moment.

holy sh*t I almost fell off the toilet when I saw these "play of the day" deals, not only for games, but movies, music and books?!? Hot damn, so glad I went with Android..I'm buying EVERY game I don't have...and trust me, if you don't you'll regret it! this is like the 10 cents sale all over again, whats 40 more cents? nothing..

I'm confused about the play of the day. I'm wondering if we own it or are just renting it. I read one of the reviews where someone stated it was a rental for the Now thats what i call music cd. Not that I plan on buying it of course.

Beautiful, been wanting Dead Space for a minute now. Glad Amazon is matching too, as I don't trust myself to root my girls Kindle Fire to get the marketplace on there.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'm confused about the play of the day. I'm wondering if we own it or are just renting it. I read one of the reviews where someone stated it was a rental for the Now thats what i call music cd. Not that I plan on buying it of course.[/QUOTE]

Movies are rentals. Apps, Games, and Music you own.

*Edited to add: I think people are getting confused about the "7 days to play" wording. It's a promotion for 7 days with different sales each day, not that you rent the items for 7 days.

[quote name='Sway']Dead Space was PM'd by Amazon for $0.49[/QUOTE]

Careful though. That's only the Kindle Fire version. It doesn't work on regular Android devices.

Arg sales like these makes me wish the market had "shopping cart" function and a way to just store purchase instead of immediately downloading onto a device.

[quote name='Motoki']Movies are rentals. Apps, Games, and Music you own.

*Edited to add: I think people are getting confused about the "7 days to play" wording. It's a promotion for 7 days with different sales each day, not that you rent the items for 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the book that was on sale and wasn't sure if I'd have the time to read it this week. Good to know.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the book that was on sale and wasn't sure if I'd have the time to read it this week. Good to know.[/QUOTE]

The book has also been price matched on Amazon [Kindle] for those whom prefer to keep their ebook collection in one spot.

I keep getting an error occured, please try again when I try to download Flick Golf Extreme...anyone else having a similar problem?

Wasn't deadspace for the kindle $7 last week. Almost bought it.
For 50 cents I can't say no, my new kindle will be happy.

DAMNZ! I am still rocking the vibant right now and I am near full on games & apps but@ .50, I can buy now and download when tne new phone comes out

Do we need to add a credit card on Google Play to buy the apps? No PayPal.

Want World of Goo and ZOOKEEPER DX TouchEdition.

[quote name='shadowrage']Wasn't deadspace for the kindle $7 last week. Almost bought it.
For 50 cents I can't say no, my new kindle will be happy.[/QUOTE]

It was, and the only reason I am not feeling burned is it had an offer for the PC version free.

I haven't played it a ton yet, but it does seem pretty cool and controls somewhat decently for a floating stick touch screen control.

This is a nice deal but fuck Dead Space: it was advertised everywhere that it worked like a charm with the Xperia Play analog controls. Now I get it and the version only works with the touch input. Way to fuck up my expectations.

/rant

Still, thanks OP.

Thanks for the heads-up OP! Definitely wanted Where's My Water. Also grabbed Dead Space; I figured $0.50 wouldn't hurt and I could always use it if and when I get a phone upgrade.

This is great - my 30-day trial of Swiftkey X was almost up and I got the full version for 50 cents. Picked up several games too, there is some quality content on there. Hope this is a multi-day promo with rotating offerings.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']The book has also been price matched on Amazon [Kindle] for those whom prefer to keep their ebook collection in one spot.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Picked up the Exteremly Close Kindle book along with the albums Now 41 and Tha Carter IV, only 25 cents each.

Thanks OP! Picked up these for my Asus Transformer:
Where's My Water
World of Goo
Osmos HD
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Dead Space
For a total of $2.21, not bad!

Picked up Sprinkle. Was thinking about getting it anyway. I get a boner for water physics.

Also like to see Amazon on top of things with the price matches.

Thanks OP, I'm in for all the little critters I am missing.

Edit: Looks like only one is available at that price and I already have it :D

Hmm, the 25 cent game/book/movie/music deals of the day haven't seemed to rolled over yet. I wonder what time that happens.

25c "Play of the Day" is Flick Golf Extreme. This is kind of sketchy because it was one of the $0.49 apps, but oh well.

I wonder if this $0.25 "Play of the Day" thing will continue past these 7 days (in lieu of Amazon's daily free apps)?

bread's done
Back