Sin City 2-disc Recut + Extended Blu-Ray $6.99 Best Buy B&M only?

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
I saw this while passing though a Best Buy for $6.99. Strangely enough, a search on BestBuy.com shows a DVD? version at this price. So... either the website shows the wrong format, or the stores have the wrong format on sale.

Current Amazon blu-ray price is $10.99. Let's get amazon to price match!

EDIT: added links

EDIT #2: It might be relavent to note that there may possibly be a 3-in-1 blu-ray package featuring Kill Bill 1 + 2, plus this Sin City edition blu-ray.com

Also, Amazon.de has a new steelbook for pre-order featuring Jessica Alba on the cover (current pre-order EUR 15,95 = $21 w/out shipping; release on April 19, 2012)

Amazon.de also has a Kill Bill 1+2 steelbook compilation (April 5, 2012 release, current pre-order price of EUR 16,95 = $22.25 w/out shipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would definitely buy if amazon PM this. Got $10 credit to spend!
bvguigi

[quote name='bob330i']As much as Jessica is hot, that cover art is horrible.[/QUOTE]

yea, for some reason it's just not screaming "instant buy" for me...

[quote name='sassylaurie']Best Buy 2-disc blu-ray SKU:

9250605[/QUOTE]

I've tried searching for this on the bestbuy.com site as well, and I just end up with an error... *shrug*

my local BB has a rather large display of $6.99 Blu-rays & Sin City is one of them along with Kill Bill 1 + 2, Reservoir Dogs to name a few

[quote name='speedy05']my local BB has a rather large display of $6.99 Blu-rays & Sin City is one of them along with Kill Bill 1 + 2, Reservoir Dogs to name a few[/QUOTE]

copland, total recall, T2 and good will hunting were in the display in my store as well.

[quote name='Animal7390']appears to be out of stock at all locations near me.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, all of the locations near me were listing Memento (also on sale for $6.99 this week) as out of stock as well. But when I went last night to pick up my pre-order of Game of Thrones, they had several copies. They were on a display stand, not on the regular shelves. So it might not be worth a special trip, but if you're at/near a store, it wouldn't hurt to check.

I saw Sin City too, but didn't grab it because I was already spending too much money. Might go back for it, though.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Picked up a copy of Sin City bluray at my local Best Buy earlier today for $6.99[/QUOTE]

Me too, good deal. Thanks OP

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Picked up a copy of Sin City 2 disc bluray at my local Best Buy earlier today for $6.99[/QUOTE]

I'm checking tomorrow. Thanks again!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm checking tomorrow. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy ad changes take effect on Sundays, so the price might just back to whatever it was previously tomorrow. But good luck, and let us know what you find!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I'm crossing the street in a few minutes to go get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Did the sale price hold?

Glad to hear the deal is still alive. Did anyone happen to catch the ending date of this sale price? I'd like to add it to the OP if possible so newcomers have a deadline to keep in mind...

Called my local BB earlier. Said they had at least 4 and went to go look but couldn't find it. Said she would call me tomorrow regardless if they find it or not. I used to own this on DVD and I have no idea where it has gone, so for $7 on the BR I'll bite.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Glad to hear the deal is still alive. Did anyone happen to catch the ending date of this sale price? I'd like to add it to the OP if possible so newcomers have a deadline to keep in mind...[/QUOTE]

I actually take care of the movies at one of the local Best Buy stores, and the price will continue for awhile. If memory serves, it goes through the 31st.

And www.bestbuy.com won't show instock if the store has less than three on-hand (that number might vary now but last I knew it was three) to avoid complications of inventory reporting lag, customer in-hand copies, etc. I'd call the store if you're ever not sure. Hopefully you get a competent SO. :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Called my local BB earlier. Said they had at least 4 and went to go look but couldn't find it. Said she would call me tomorrow regardless if they find it or not. I used to own this on DVD and I have no idea where it has gone, so for $7 on the BR I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

If she calls back and cannot locate it, tell her to check a 2' by 2' display that ideally would be on the racetrack. Many times SO's, or even sales personnel, forget to look in multiple locations.

bread's done
Back