How to get ME3 for $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

KolonelCill22

CAGiversary!
OK guys this is my first forum post so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this. I went to GameStop today (3/6/12) and traded in Rage, Mass Effect 2, and Batman AC towards the purchase of Mass Effect 3 (All PS3). With the bonus 30% trade-in for buying ME3 plus the 10% GameStop member bonus I got $48 for those three games. So I end up paying a little over $10 for ME3. This weekend I will go to Best Buy with my GZ Unlocked coupons and re-purchase Rage, ME2, and Batman AC for $20. Ergo, technically I paid $30 for ME3 on launch day. Thought this would be a good way for you guys to get ME3 on the cheap on launch day.

[quote name='KolonelCill22']OK guys this is my first forum post so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this. I went to GameStop today (3/6/12) and traded in Rage, Mass Effect 2, and Batman AC towards the purchase of Mass Effect 3 (All PS3). With the bonus 30% trade-in for buying ME3 plus the 10% GameStop member bonus I got $48 for those three games. So I end up paying a little over $10 for ME3. This weekend I will go to Best Buy with my GZ Unlocked coupons and re-purchase Rage, ME2, and Batman AC for $20. Ergo, technically I paid $30 for ME3 on launch day. Thought this would be a good way for you guys to get ME3 on the cheap on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Or you could have simply sold those three games on Ebay for the following prices with no trouble:
ME2 - $10
Rage - $15
Batman - $20

THen buy from Amazon.

59.99 - 45 = 14.99 out of pocket and you get:
Mass Effect 3 + $10 Amazon gaming credit

Never use gamestop.

And keep in mind, it's very likely you would get a bit more for these.

[quote name='KolonelCill22']What exactly do you mean by that? Did I post this in the wrong area?[/QUOTE]

The issue is because BB coupon deals have their own thread as do the GS trade in values...but thanks for your efforts, OP. don't let the masses discourage you.

Blaster Man. True I could have done that but that's a lot of work when I could walk into GameStop and do it all in 2 minutes. Also, I agree for the most part about GameStop. Normally only do business with Amazon for games.

ZxT. Believe me I've been reading the forums long enough to know the trolls are going to come out in droves. Just trying to save some people money. If it allows people short on cash to grab ME3 early, its worth it.

[quote name='KolonelCill22']Blaster Man. True I could have done that but that's a lot of work when I could walk into GameStop and do it all in 2 minutes. Also, I agree for the most part about GameStop. Normally only do business with Amazon for games.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the effective price when you net out the gaming credit is $5. And most likely you could get more for those games and probably have a negative effective price.

Ed, I gotcha. Like I said I've never posted before. Just tried to put it somewhere where the most people could read. I know that I couldn't have afforded ME3 on launch day without this deal so I wanted to offer the option to the masses.

Blaster, truth is the idea to do this came to me on a whim this afternoon when I was brooding because I wanted to play ME3 but was a little short on cash as I'm about to purchase a house later this week. Had I had more time you're right that your idea would've been better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back