Nightmare Busters SNES PRE-ORDER $68 SHIPPED

ITT: Be a dick for no reason.

[quote name='Marauder7']Too bad my wife tossed out my SNES about 10 years ago[/QUOTE]

And she's still your wife?

Sounds like a game my hipster friends would buy.

Ehh..does anyone know of plans to release an emulator-ed version of this game? I'd gladly support the indie devs (like if they offered 20-40 for an emu) but damn 70 bucks for a game I can't even play, seems steep.

doubt this game would have sold well in the decade it was intended for. they should have just gone with selling it with an emulator only the hardest of the hardcore will buy this. so they still make dreamcast games and now snes games....guess we should expect some new atari hotness in 2020.

You guys think this is reputable...and for that matter won't trash my SNES?

Just the novelty of getting to buy a SNES game...last or second to last Nintendo system I was 100% behind. I'm still fairly impressed by SNES graphics LOL

[quote name='Wolfpup']You guys think this is reputable...and for that matter won't trash my SNES?

Just the novelty of getting to buy a SNES game...last or second to last Nintendo system I was 100% behind. I'm still fairly impressed by SNES graphics LOL[/QUOTE]

The developer is legit, so you won't have any issues with your SNES spontateously exploding or anything like that. None of their past releases on platforms like the Genesis gave anyone problems.

Game wise, it looks like a decent C level platformer that won't blow your mind but is playable. Its all about the novelty value. I can't get over how ugly the music is though. Its like 3 different people trying to play different tunes at once. Its worse than the grunge effect they are attempting....its a true nightmare buster for the ears.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']what kinda box will this come in lol[/QUOTE]
Snes box would be sweet!!

That looks about 1,000 times worse than anything I could have possibly imagined ... I don't think I would take $70 to play through it ... let alone pay to own something that generic and horrifically awful.

This game has history written all over it. Previously unreleased, SNES game released during the 3D game era, 600 copies.

600 people will retire off of this game!!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug:

nightmare busting sounds like a weird mix of having a wet dream and a nightmare.

I looked through the letter and I noticed they mentioned twice that they are "aceepting preorders on the FIRST 600 copies", I don't think that necessarily means that there are ONLY 600 copies.

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']http://www.nightmarebusters.com/

Not really much of a deal but this is the first SNES game to be released in 14 years. Will have a limited run of 600 copies.[/QUOTE]

They said they're accepting pre-orders on the first 600 copies of the game. I'm sure they'll print more if there's demand. There have been reprints of two of their other games, Beggar Prince and Zaku. I'm pretty sure that I read that they intend to print more copies of Star Odyssey too.

[quote name='lokizz']so they still make dreamcast games and now snes games....guess we should expect some new atari hotness in 2020.[/QUOTE]

There have been previously unreleased and homebrew games for various Atari systems released over the years.

[quote name='Wolfpup']You guys think this is reputable...and for that matter won't trash my SNES?

Just the novelty of getting to buy a SNES game...last or second to last Nintendo system I was 100% behind. I'm still fairly impressed by SNES graphics LOL[/QUOTE]

I bought a couple of there games before and had no problems. I'm probably going to pass on this one though.

[quote name='barrit']Will there be any Day 1 DLC?[/QUOTE]

lmao probably 10 bucks will get you a button sequence code to unlock a secret level with better music.

[quote name='thegreek']Snes box would be sweet!![/QUOTE]

i might be interested if it had all that, inserts, cardboard box, etc

i assume its just cart only

I can think of about a dozen unfinioshed previous-gen titles these people should have rather been working on, like He-Man.

Although I really want to play a "new" SNES game, $68 for this game is waaay too much for me. Pier Solar is an excellent example of how to make a homebrew. This game looks like poop. I just wish WaterMelon would make a game for the SNES instead of the Genesis.

[quote name='lokizz']lmao probably 10 bucks will get you a button sequence code to unlock a secret level with better music.[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to try: up up down down left right left right ba ba select start

The music sounds like it's beeing sped up through an emulator or something, I'm not sure why it sounds like that but they could've easily improved the music so that it'd sound much better. It's so bad that if I had to play the game, I'd probably play it muted or with music off if there's an option for that.

[quote name='theking20']i might be interested if it had all that, inserts, cardboard box, etc

i assume its just cart only[/QUOTE]

It says right on the pre order page that it includes a box and manual.

i want it because it's a side-scroller, but idk about such a high price. any word on if this is also coming out for psp or ds?

doesn't look that interesting to me, but probably mainly completist SNES boxed and sealed collectors will be buying this.

thanks TC! i bought the remaining 479 copies to flip and i bet ill make a cool mint right here. much appreciated.

I'm laughing at the price, but in reality this will probably sell out with such a low run considering the amount of game collectors in the world.

[quote name='GunPanther']Damn. Sold out already.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think you were serious until I checked the site. I'm surprised it sold out that fast.

[quote name='barrit']Will there be any Day 1 DLC?[/QUOTE]

Damn you had the same joke I did haha. At least the 1% who have an AOL 56k connection can get the patch for new characters and modes. The 4 mb patch will only take 62 hours to download, net reconnections due to IM punters...

[quote name='Marauder7']Too bad my wife tossed out my SNES about 10 years ago[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, what a dumbass. Should have never ball-and-chained.

bread's done
Back