GAME Store Deals?

saunderscowie

CAGiversary!
Been seeing alot of posts on hotdealsuk of people with photos of extremely cheap MS points, accessories etc. Like 1200 MS point for £4, Xbox360 wireless headset (old style) for £5 etc

I am going to check my store later today and will report back if they have anything.. Clearly trying to get rid of stock I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see any "new" stock marked down at my local store, they're just having a big, big sale on pre-owned games.

No sign of any peripherals or MS points on the cheap at all.

I'll chime in and say I've heard reports of people getting pre-owned games under a pound. Worth checking out maybe.

After picking up ME3 from HMV I went to Gamestation and bought some belters for super cheap.

The general thing is all the games that were on the 2 for £10/£20 deals have been reduced enough to compete with say preowned prices on amazon/playtrade.

Some games are an absolute steal; I grabbed for my backlog Red Faction Guerilla for £2, the new call of Juarez (crap I know) for £8, FEAR3 for £8, some real gems in there.

They have had some great offers online although you need to be there at the right time. One was Castlevania LE for £3, and Warhammer Space Marine LE for £7 I think. Arcana Heart 3 LE down from £13 yesterday to £5 is already sold out. I checked my local GAME here in Ireland today but there aren't many great deals here yet. Sounds like they'll be going into administration at the start of next week officially (not sure about it yet but that's the rumour going around now).

I went to my local GAME yesterday and got this lot for around £15

Ybviil.jpg

I'm interested to see if anything will happen tomorrow in terms of more sales.

Someone on HotUKDeals said (and showed) they found the Skyrim CE for £30 which is just nuts considering what it went for at first. I doubt that many stores have them though. I'm just waiting for whenever they announce they are closing down to really find any good deals, the best in-store ones are all in the UK from what I can see.

I popped into my local store earlier this morning, and there's nothing too much to report really. My store seemed to have added pre-owned DS titles into the mix and that was about it.

Pre-owned prices are still well in excess of what I'd pay at Grainger Games or CeX, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now.

Still no sign of any MS points discounts, or relatively new games being on sale.

They seem to not be doing all the "Oh shit" sale deals nationwide. A friend in Wolverhampton picked up a 320gb PS3 Bundle with FIFA12 and Uncharted 2 for £99.99 whereas talking to employees here in Leeds, they've done nothing yet.

The next round of reductions is allegedly due tomorrow (the 14th) so I'm going to stake out the 3 stores here early and see if I can blow my points.

If thats true I will go back tomorrow, haven't spotted anything that good yet. Was considering getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas (standard editions) but I figured I might as well get the GOTY editions new with all the content.

Thing I want the most is dirt cheap MS points!

I'm hoping it is true, but it came from someone working on one of the Oxford stores so I'm hoping it's not just them.

Still, they've got just under 2 weeks until their quarterly rent is due according to the financial papers, so they'll be hoping to sell a load of stock soon for whatever they can get. Need to go have a look at the big Gamestation that's just out of town. They've still got a lot of retro stuff in that one.

Thanks for the info, I hope it's true too since I have some time tomorrow to run into my 2 local stores and have a check.

I'm going to go for a copy of Gears of War 3...Is there any difference between the Standard box version and the Collectors edition, which are both the same price?

New deductions and stock in on GAME.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk guys, thanks for the tips above, I came on early to check and got a 5.1 analog headset which will work on all 3 platforms for £17.50 (was listed as £20 but was an extra £5 off for some reason).

Still nothing local, they've even still got the same prices as yesterday's website listings. Only difference was that one of the 3 stores had a To Let sign.

for the right price you can buy the whole company. They are not stocking any new major releases so they are loosing a ton of money on every day of operation.

Nothing in my local GAME or Gamestation other than the Spring Clean prices that are on the websites....Nothing much at all in there to be honest so will be selling the lightbulbs and Cardboard cut outs any day now!

bread's done
Back