Resonance of Fate 360 - $16, Dead Island PC - $10, Newegg 72 hour sale-Free shipping

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Resonance of Fate 360 ($15.99)

Dead Island PC
($9.99)

Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Headset PS3
($39.99)

I have and enjoy both RoF and Dead Island, and feel them worth these prices if you don't already have them. I can see how someone may want to wait for a Steam sale on Dead Island, but I'm pretty sure it's a Steamworks title either way. In any case I would recommend using a controller with it, for the advanced control scheme.

No clue how good the PS3 Beaches are.

I recommend both Dead Island and Resonance of Fate.

Dead Island only if you got friends to play with, otherwise it's not that fun. (IMO)
Resonance of Fate because its just a good RPG, but like other poster said it has a weak story but the gameplay is awesome.

My friends have been pestering me to get dead island.
bihad
No excuse when its $10 and i got a controller to play it with. Thanks

Resonance of Fate has an easy battle system to get used to. People blow that way out of proportion. Just make sure you don't skip the arena tutorial.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']wish it was RoF for ps3, would of jumped on that[/QUOTE]
I have concluded that newegg hates :ps3:

[quote name='Jimmy Stav']Resonance of Fate has an incredibly confusing battle system, right?[/QUOTE]

Actually the battle system, at it's core, is pretty simple... it's just very different. The difficulty comes in making poor decisions, failed execution, or simply not handling a battle the right way in general.... Or in an over powered boss, of course, but RPG's need an OP boss fight now and then. :p

I haven't gotten too far in the story to see just how much it's lacking, but so far the importance factor and general story focus has been low, and that's resulted in the story being a little dull. However, I personally like the characters, and have found myself literally laughing out at a couple of the cutscenes...

"WHAT'S TOO SMALL!?" :lol:

And of course all of that is tied together with being able to customize your characters appearance to a pretty nice degree, heh.

[quote name='mindatlarge']Been waiting for this to come down since its last price hike. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was worried it wouldn't drop back down, so I finally bit on a used copy for 15 bucks when I spotted it. It was in great condition when I got it though, so I don't mind having not waited, heh. Anyone looking to buy at this price might want to jump on it though, who knows if we'll see it down this low again...

Np.

[quote name='mindatlarge']Been waiting for this to come down since its last price hike. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I was, too, but I literally gave up on Thursday evening & got a used like new one from Amazon for $18.48. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

[quote name='Lucian']I was, too, but I literally gave up on Thursday evening & got a used like new one from Amazon for $18.48. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...[/QUOTE]
us being cags we win a lot compared to gamers who dont how to pay less then 60. When I talk to other gamers they will be like going to grab that new game for 60. I go ack i bet you i could find it for 20-30 in 4-5 months just wait. lol I been on this site to long

[quote name='cecilvaliant']wish it was RoF for ps3, would of jumped on that[/QUOTE]

yup

[quote name='Lonedragon87']us being cags we win a lot compared to gamers who dont how to pay less then 60. When I talk to other gamers they will be like going to grab that new game for 60. I go ack i bet you i could find it for 20-30 in 4-5 months just wait. lol I been on this site to long[/QUOTE]

I'm a dirt poor gamer, and thanks to this site I not only know what a backlog is, but I actually have one...

True story... :cool:

Maybe its just me but I felt that ROF had an incredibly incredibly simplified battle system, that really wasnt that great.

Id go so far as to say its far simpler than your typical rpg, once you get the hang of it.

The story is definitely subpar, hell the whole game is subpar (as far as an rpg is concerned.)

Not a bad game, but not one that youll soon be remembering.

That said its definitely got a unique combat system, and the weapon upgrades (which is the crux of the game) is somewhat interesting.

Worth it as a budget game (< 20$), but it doesn't belong with great JRPGs like Star Ocean or Tales of Vesperia

bread's done
Back