Kara - Short Film by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain dev)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Where did you hear that this video is a year old? They just released it this week.[/QUOTE]

David Gage said it in a interview. He also said that this was just to show off their new engine and that this was their first version and they are on the 3rd version now. It sucks that this wont be their next game

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220242p1.html

[quote name='JG5253']David Gage said it in a interview. He also said that this was just to show off their new engine and that this was their first version and they are on the 3rd version now. It sucks that this wont be their next game

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220242p1.html[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. I think the concept would had a lot of potential. A product that becomes self-aware is allowed leave to the market, gets to live, sees life isn't as what it expected.

I know the idea of a self-aware android/robot isn't new but still...

A game developer like Quantic Dream is why PS3 is the best console this generation for me. We are nearing 6 years of the PS3's life and we still see unique games being offered on the platform like Kara(I know this is a tech demo only), naughty dog's last of us, Journey, Last Guardian, and Ni No Kumi with more games yet to be unveil. I just can't get these type of experiences on the xbox 360 since Microsoft is not willing to risk money on something unconventional.

[quote name='htz']A game developer like Quantic Dream is why PS3 is the best console this generation for me. We are nearing 6 years of the PS3's life and we still see unique games being offered on the platform like Kara(I know this is a tech demo only), naughty dog's last of us, Journey, Last Guardian, and Ni No Kumi with more games yet to be unveil. I just can't get these type of experiences on the xbox 360 since Microsoft is not willing to risk money on something unconventional.[/QUOTE]

Hands down I can't wait for Ni No Kuni, I wish I could read Japanese otherwise I would have imported it already. Papo & Yo looks awesome too.

Is it just me or did anyone else feel really bad for Kara as they were starting to rip her apart?:cry: But I would guess that's the response Quantic Dream was looking for out of people watching the video.

Just saw this video today while watching some IGN reviews on Resident Evil Operation Racoon City and Silent Hill Downpour.

Yeah, I did feel bad for Kara. Makes me want to dig out my backlogged copy of Heavy Rain.

Almost watched the interview video, but passed since I wasn't in the mood for it.

QD's been my favorite developer since I played the first hour of Indigo Prophecy. I'd been looking forward to Heavy Rain since the "audition" video in 2006, and it didn't let down. I'll blind buy whatever they put out next. If I could, I'd go ahead and pay for the next two or three games they put out. I don't care what they will be about, but I know that they'll be top notch.

This video is unbelievable. I'm really hoping that they'll show something off at E3.

bread's done
Back