Mass Effect 3 CE 360 Back at Gamestop

bnl11311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, the code Shillelagh also still works. Was able to grab another one. I don't know if these are actually rare but this is a decent price and worse comes to worse you return it and lose the $3.50 shipping. Probably worth the gamble to see how the next month play's out with these.

i was about to post about this also.. but right now it looks dead again. cannot add to cart

I picked up 2 over the last couple of days. Will probably open one and keep the other sealed.

Link? Dead?
dead.jpg

I found one at a local game stop. I was going to buy the regular edition but since the collectors was there I snatched it up. It seems somebody reserved but never picked it up.

[quote name='buster90']I bought one I will probably keep it sealed for a few years. ME2's are going for about $250![/QUOTE]

$200 profit in just a few years... Great investment! :D

[quote name='junkie88']Wow According to the stock checker it's in stock at all ten gamestops within 15min of me.[/QUOTE]

I drove around to several today. Most stores are still holding a copy or two for preorders and/or employees.

edit: i just got a cancellation email for the copy i ordered an hour ago

Tripling your money is 3 years is an amazing investment. Not a great investment... you would be the greatest investor in history if you could triple your money in 3 years on the regular. There is a reason slickdeals exists, antiquing is popular, and many people make their living on collecting and selling stuff like this. There is a lot less risk with this investment than others, it's fairly liquid, quicker profit, and I find easier to predict values than other investments.

[quote name='gospelman']I drove around to several today. Most stores are still holding a copy or two for preorders and/or employees.

edit: i just got a cancellation email for the copy i ordered an hour ago[/QUOTE]
The one I ordered last night got canceled too... what gives?

I'm going to try ordering it again.

[quote name='bnl11311']Tripling your money is 3 years is an amazing investment. Not a great investment... you would be the greatest investor in history if you could triple your money in 3 years on the regular.[/QUOTE]
Except you're talking about an $80 vdeogame, not, for instance, a hedge fund with $2B assets under management. I'd really like to see you make a "good" living being a flipper/scalper. I mean, I'm pretty sure you can scrape by in some backward town/state with low living costs, but I'd imagine you would almost be living on the edge, which I suppose a lot of you are anyways. As good as you think you are (and technically you have zero competitive advantage over anyone else), you are going to mistime and misprice a lot of things, and end up holding a lot of junk for extended periods of time or end up dumping it when you realize it will never hit your value threshold.

[quote name='gospelman']I drove around to several today. Most stores are still holding a copy or two for preorders and/or employees.

edit: i just got a cancellation email for the copy i ordered an hour ago[/QUOTE]
The 2 gamestops I went to, are no longer holding the CEs, they only hold them longer if they are paid in full. Anybody that truly wants this game, would had already bought it anyways. There is also a good chance EA will release an ultimate trilogy box set down the road once they are finish releasing DLC for ME3.

[quote name='junkie88']Wow According to the stock checker it's in stock at all ten gamestops within 15min of me.[/QUOTE]
I went to 2 out of the 3 gamestops near me today and they both still have the 360 CE in stock, 2 each. I'm actually having a more harder time locating ME2 for PS3 in store than the ME3 CE.

[quote name='htz']There is also a good chance EA will release an ultimate trilogy box set down the road once they are finish releasing DLC for ME3.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft might have a thing or 2 to say about them not being able to do that. :shame:

Anyways, was able to pick up one at my local GS. I guess it just came in today or something because the girl had to take it out of a UPS box.

Its going to be exclusive to the 360/PC anyways if they do plan on doing a triology box set. ME is not that big on PS3 and majority of people have there game saves on the 360/PC.

They cancelled my order, but seemed to fulfill those who were placed hours after mine. Slightly annoyed...

[quote name='TheRock88']Ordered yesterday at 4 pm and got the shipping confirmation email a couple of hours ago.[/QUOTE]
I ordered 2 around the same time and got my confirmations. Now I can cancel my Amazon and Newegg orders;

[quote name='TheRock88']Ordered yesterday at 4 pm and got the shipping confirmation email a couple of hours ago.[/QUOTE]

I ordered at 5:18 CST... so I probably just missed it.

[quote name='htz']Its going to be exclusive to the 360/PC anyways if they do plan on doing a triology box set. ME is not that big on PS3 and majority of people have there game saves on the 360/PC.[/QUOTE]

Because PS3 users didn't get to play it, so of course that is true. I seriously doubt MS is going to allow a box set, they have no reason to, unless EA gives them a deal too good to pass up.

[quote name='aircobra']Microsoft might have a thing or 2 to say about them not being able to do that. :shame:
[/QUOTE]

Why does Microsoft get a say? Do they have final say on compilation titles or something?

[quote name='confoosious']Why does Microsoft get a say? Do they have final say on compilation titles or something?[/QUOTE]

MS owns publishing rights to the original Mass Effect on the 360 (along with EA, who published the PC version). Yes, the game could technically appear on the PS3, but in order to do that, they would have to literally start from scratch since MS owns the rights to the game as it appears on the 360. Even for the PC port, EA actually had to get permission from MS.

[quote name='Vinny']MS owns publishing rights to the original Mass Effect on the 360 (along with EA, who published the PC version). Yes, the game could technically appear on the PS3, but in order to do that, they would have to literally start from scratch since MS owns the rights to the game as it appears on the 360. Even for the PC port, EA actually had to get permission from MS.[/QUOTE]

This. You have a higher chance of winning the lotto than seeing ME1 on PS3.

Not much to do with Gamestop but Best Buy near me had 4 CE's for PS3. Didn't check 360 so BB probably has a few of these if you want to get one.

any idea if mass effect 3 is goingm to up in value? i ordered a couple hoping for a flip but it's only at 120 on ebay.

[quote name='htz']Its going to be exclusive to the 360/PC anyways if they do plan on doing a triology box set. ME is not that big on PS3 and majority of people have there game saves on the 360/PC.[/QUOTE]

It would be a great season for the first one to come out for ps3

Oh the irony. After what EA did to Turn 10/MS regarding Porsche in FM4, MS should give them the finger and say "licensing agreements suck, don't they bitch?"

It has more to do with GS releasing the preorders that haven't been picked up than it has to do with it not being rare. Chances are, you won't be able to find these in a month or so....well the 360 version at least.

[quote name='tribalnoise']same here. just gotta tell myself "leave it for people who want to play. not for me to flip later"[/QUOTE]
Same(3 gamestops all in stock), too bad they are not even worth flipping. It cost $80+tax+gas+shipping which is about $100 for me to break even. That is even before ebay/paypal fees. I just checked eBay and the 360 CE is not even selling at $120 with free shipping being offered.

There is alot of copies of CE circulating on ebay right now because people are trying to get rid of their copies even if they don't make any money . But once the supply dries out in the coming weeks/months, prices should rise back up. My guess anyways..

[quote name='wizzyx3']There is alot of copies of CE circulating on ebay right now because people are trying to get rid of their copies even if they don't make any money . But once the supply dries out in the coming weeks/months, prices should rise back up. My guess anyways..[/QUOTE]
This...it'll be rarish as long as they dont make more it's just that everyone bought extras and are trying to get rid of them right now. I have a couple extras I'm just holding onto and eventually I figure I can make a few bucks on it but yeah definitely not worth getting to flip right now and possibly never. I'd get rid of my PS3 copy at cost if I could but right now probably can't even break even on it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This...it'll be rarish as long as they dont make more it's just that everyone bought extras and are trying to get rid of them right now. I have a couple extras I'm just holding onto and eventually I figure I can make a few bucks on it but yeah definitely not worth getting to flip right now and possibly never. I'd get rid of my PS3 copy at cost if I could but right now probably can't even break even on it.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra 360 copy I am sitting on and am thinking of just returning it and getting my $85 back at this point.

I would gladly sell it to someone on CAG if they handled shipping and a small tip but I feel we all have plenty.

[quote name='wizzyx3']There is alot of copies of CE circulating on ebay right now because people are trying to get rid of their copies even if they don't make any money . But once the supply dries out in the coming weeks/months, prices should rise back up. My guess anyways..[/QUOTE]

They may, but probably not by much unless your planning horizon is years...Currently there are 261 auctions active auctions for 'mass effect 3 collectors xbox' in the games section on ebay....over the last 2 or so weeks, about 992 auctions ended in that category with those words. That strikes me as rather low number of active auctions for supposedly a hard to find edition of a super popular game....I think most speculators will do the math and will just return them to retailers. I also think the emotional dynamic of ME3 is really different than ME2, and fewer people are going to feel the need to seek this one out after the fact.

[quote name='K_G']They may, but probably not by much unless your planning horizon is years...Currently there are 261 auctions active auctions for 'mass effect 3 collectors xbox' in the games section on ebay....over the last 2 or so weeks, about 992 auctions ended in that category with those words. That strikes me as rather low number of active auctions for supposedly a hard to find edition of a super popular game....I think most speculators will do the math and will just return them to retailers. I also think the emotional dynamic of ME3 is really different than ME2, and fewer people are going to feel the need to seek this one out after the fact.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted the game cheap, buy the CE and sell the extras. You probably can keep the game and steelbook for well under $40 doing that. Hell you could probably enjoy the game for a while, sell it and still come out ahead.

Seems like the DLC codes from the Collectors edition are worth a bit. But it's always risky to deal with stuff like that.

bread's done
Back