SSX fans unite!

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
(searched thread came up with nothing, if there is a thread already let me know.)

Just thinking this could be a place to discuss the game, the future dlc that I am sure will come and a place we can exchange psn names to have more ghosts to beat.

My psn is: WithMyLastBreath

Last edited by a moderator:
is it true they dont have actual online play ? its just the whole ghost thing? i want to get this at some point but im waiting for it to hit 30.

Yeah it's mainly a ghost thing. You can see others go down the mountain in real-time but you can't get a group together. Definitely their biggest misstep. Would be nice to ride with friends and chat and stuff.

They must have known that nobody would like this "multiplayer" crap. I wonder why they chose to do it this way. It's not like we couldn't have waited for it... we've waited 5+ years.

Yeah it's a shame because other than that, the game is great! The "MP" as it is now is ok but come on! Why wouldnt we want to snowboard with friends and laugh at the ones that bail hard? It really drives me crazy that they have an online pass for the game too!

while a group ride function would be cool, im guessing that matchmaking and draw/render distances would be taxing on the system...but these are not things i know much about.

i actually really really like the ghost/rival/friend system for online interactive play. means i can play "against" my friends even if we cant sit down at the exact same time, and gives the game a ton of replay as i go back to beat their scores (compared to sitting down and playing at the same time, hard to coordinate, etc).

to each their own, but i think they are onto something...it's like autolog from NFS, but with something exciting and fun ('berdin'!!!) not driving (which i tend to find boring). i was planning on keeping my gamefly copy for a bit, but now am going to buy it outright. i can see playing this for a while.

fun game but im kinda disappointed with the "online play"... ssx3 had online play against 3 other people if i remember correctly
and the whole "credit" system is a bit annoying... i beat the game just gimme all the maps already

Don't get me wrong I enjoy it but I just wish they had the option of meeting up with friends as well, even if it was only with two other riders. My fave. thing is the "loot" though. Love the random perks you get haha

[quote name='sky03']fun game but im kinda disappointed with the "online play"... ssx3 had online play against 3 other people if i remember correctly
and the whole "credit" system is a bit annoying... i beat the game just gimme all the maps already[/QUOTE]

yeah i was sure at least one ssx game had real online play. ssx3 was amazing great soundtrack and fun levels them leaving out real online play doesnt make sense even if it was 1 vs 1 it should have been in there.

now that i think about it maybe real online mp for ssx will be dlc or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be clearer - i understand that when you compete in standard global events, you'll see others in real time if they are "near" you (i'm assuming network distance)....but by making a friends only custom event, you can pull in your friends that might not be as close as other randoms.

all unverified, lol. but some of what is wanted (realtime runs with friends, does exist).

also, see first post on this page...seems to clarify/verify.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']to be clearer - i understand that when you compete in standard global events, you'll see others in real time if they are "near" you (i'm assuming network distance)....but by making a friends only custom event, you can pull in your friends that might not be as close as other randoms.

all unverified, lol. but some of what is wanted (realtime runs with friends, does exist).

also, see first post on this page...seems to clarify/verify.[/QUOTE]

hm... I never even thought of making a custom event. ALthough I dont have many firends that play ssx often enough haha

[quote name='enemyofusall']hm... I never even thought of making a custom event. ALthough I dont have many firends that play ssx often enough haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm actually not that interested in it, b/c i like racing my friends ghosts, and then i dont have to mess around with waiting around to start, etc.

i do think that if you go to the global events that you see other riders who are "near" you, but not sure. my above posts were just in reference to the ability to ride with your friends in real time....which it does seem like you can do...

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']while a group ride function would be cool, im guessing that matchmaking and draw/render distances would be taxing on the system...but these are not things i know much about.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not a programmer but I'm not sure how SSX would differ from every other MP game that's out now in this regard.

Is SSX more complicated than say COD?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not a programmer but I'm not sure how SSX would differ from every other MP game that's out now in this regard.

Is SSX more complicated than say COD?[/QUOTE]

sounds like we both know about the same amount in terms of programming. when you get done reading the rest of the thread, you'll see we've already figured out i was wrong and there is MP, you just have to make your own lobby (custom global event) and set it to friends only (if you want to keep the randoms out).

Can't wait to get this game. I'm waiting on $20 though. Good thing there is MP, that would suck without it. Is there split screen? Can you use music in your hard drive? They really need to make these mandatory for every game.

This game is awesome.

And while the lack of true head-to-head MP is disappointing, it's still a ton of fun to play by yourself. And trying to top other people's scores and get gold medals on all the tracks is addicting.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Can't wait to get this game. I'm waiting on $20 though. Good thing there is MP, that would suck without it. Is there split screen? Can you use music in your hard drive? They really need to make these mandatory for every game.[/QUOTE]

yeah id like to know if you can use your own music as well. its sad more games dont have that ability especially racing games. hell even rdr has custom soundtracks in sp.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah id like to know if you can use your own music as well. its sad more games dont have that ability especially racing games. hell even rdr has custom soundtracks in sp.[/QUOTE]
Yep, you can use custom soundtracks, and the game remixes them during gameplay.

I was a huge ssx fan but i didn't play the last 2 games and this one looks worse. They should have called it on tour 2 or blur 2. Game looks kinda worse than 3 and that online mode seems hella gay compared to a race against 7 other racers live.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah id like to know if you can use your own music as well. its sad more games dont have that ability especially racing games. hell even rdr has custom soundtracks in sp.[/QUOTE]

They really need to start doing this. Xbox does it so why can't ps3? I play the shit out of games that have custom music. Plants vs zombies is my new thing now just cuz it has that ability.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']They really need to start doing this. Xbox does it so why can't ps3? I play the shit out of games that have custom music. Plants vs zombies is my new thing now just cuz it has that ability.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah hamsterball with custom music is amazing lol. ill admit i used to get so pissed that 1st gen xbox gamers got to use custom music on gta san andreas.

I do like to use my own music at times, but they game feels more natural with the in-game soundtrack. It probably helps I think the music in game is great! haha

bread's done
Back