[PS Vita]Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

smthng

CAGiversary!
Hijacked straight from the PS Blog:

Konami has revealed that the can of Snakes that is the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will finally make its way to the PlayStation Vita this summer. Sadly, it will be one Snake short, as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is not part of the Vita collection. That leaves only two titles on the tiny Vita card, namely Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The Vita version comes packing new touch screen controls and the ability to "Transfar" Trophy data between the Vita and PS3 versions of each game.
mgs302_530x298.jpg

"Meh". Just just never been able to get into these games. I loved the first one, but after that...nothing. I even have MGS4 sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played for the first time.

[quote name='whoknows']Lack of Peace Walker makes this $30 or less for me.

Probably less.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I already have this collection on my PS3. Can't justify this with one less game at retail price... even with new touch control and transfaring.

It's a $20 or less package for me.

The lack of peace walker has certainly given me pause. I still want it but excluding peace walker makes me feel like I should wait till a price drop.

Has Konami US actually said anything about Peace Walker Vita? Because it seems like all the source are just looking at the Japanese version.

another MGS 3 remake? can they milk the MGS titty any harder? i guess its cool if you never played the games. i really like 2 and only played 3 for a few hours.

Yeah sadly i was stoked for this, but i just picked up the MGS COLLECTION on xbox....why on handheld?

and.... I FREAKING LOVE METAL GEAR.

I might get this if I ever get a Vita. Just to have a portable MGS 2 and 3.

Now just put Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions on the PSN and I'll be happy until Rising (whatever the name is now) is released.

I guess I am the odd one, but my interest in the Vita just skyrocketed with this.

Uncharted made me want the system. MGS Collection makes it almost damn near impossible for me to not buy now.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might get this if I ever get a Vita. Just to have a portable MGS 2 and 3.

Now just put Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions on the PSN and I'll be happy until Rising (whatever the name is now) is released.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. VR Missions would be sick. I would easily toss down $10 to have those portable finally.

[quote name='Sonne']No Peace Walker? Whaa? This makes it pointless, I think. Just release them as PSN downloads for $15 each.[/QUOTE]
I guess they're basically telling you to buy the PSP version of Peace Walker that's already on PSN. The only difference that you'd get would be improved graphics and trophies.
[quote name='sublime90']another MGS 3 remake? can they milk the MGS titty any harder? i guess its cool if you never played the games. i really like 2 and only played 3 for a few hours.[/QUOTE]
It's the same collection that came out on PS3 and Xbox 360 a few months ago, so I don't see what the problem is.

It would have been immensely pointless to include Peace Walker. For those of us who've been playing it for dozens of hours none of the trophies would have been transferred over, so that doesn't appeal to me. Plus, it's already on the PSN and they'll most likely have a sale for it once the HD collection is released. I've already been playing PW on my Vita and it controls incredibly well with the new right analog stick.
MGS3 is my favorite story and setting in the series and I can't wait to play it again.

MGS2 was cool, but I couldn't get into playing as Raiden nearly the whole time. That character does not appeal to me and why they switched to him, I'll never know.

[quote name='SynGamer']"Meh". Just just never been able to get into these games. I loved the first one, but after that...nothing. I even have MGS4 sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played for the first time.[/QUOTE]

That is kind of how I've been. I LOVED the first one, played some of 2 on PS2 and never picked it back up. I played a little of peace walker which seemed really good but I think in general the long cut-scenes have deterred me from playing. I'm thinking of getting this so I can pause anywhere anytime but I don't want the games sitting again. We'll see.

I'm generally all for this kind of thing, but I'm going to have to hold off for a sale. I'd much rather invest the money in a copy for the 360 because of Peace Walker (which I've never played). On top of that, I've got a portable MGS3 on the 3DS, and I absolutely despise MGS2. So, uh, I don't have much of a reason to pick this up, aside from portable MGS3 on a bigger screen.

I'd be all over this if it just included Peace Walker. I'm hoping for a reasonable price point here, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']They tease us, they tease us![/QUOTE]

They said no. I'll be hacked, since I bought it for PS3 because of that

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']They tease us, they tease us![/QUOTE]

They are just using a stock photo, it says 2 or 3 in the actual Tweet.

I ended up ordering this on Amazon this morning. I forgot to do it last night so I missed out on release date delivery. :(

In fact, it had regular 2-day delivery (prime member) as arriving on the 15th. Had to talk to an agent, who at least made 1 day shipping free so it arrives on the 14th.

Never had an issue before getting release date delivery so long as I ordered by like noon the day before.

And I didn't like paying more for less content (ps3 version vs vita version), but I'm way more likely to play it (sooner) on the Vita.

[quote name='DCpinoy']any initial impressions from you guys that picked it up?[/QUOTE]

Just that I suck.

I honestly have only played a few VR missions (almost all sneaking) because I read the backstory books for MGS2.

I've not played an MGS game before, so I've really got to get used to the controls. The 1st person shooting seems extremely sensitive to me.

[quote name='DCpinoy']any initial impressions from you guys that picked it up?[/QUOTE]

I second that the shooting seems super twitchy from what I remember. I have been using the other method for shooting so far. I'm going to dive head first into MGS3 on Monday on a long plane ride. I hope it isn't a frustrating as I think it will be.

I've played the intro to 3, but haven't played 2 yet. Looks and controls good. I like the touch screen for changing items and weapons.

I'm actually going through the original Metal Gear since I've never played it or the sequel despite buying 3 on the PS2 and the HD collection on the PS3. I figure I owe it to myself to finally play them.

I just played through Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 for the first time. The first game was ok, but the MG2 was a lot like MGS and I dug that. It was pretty awesome to see a lot of what I loved about MGS was already introduced in MG2.

Too bad Sony hasn't let PS1 games be playable on the Vita yet because I really would've liked to dig into MGS on the Vita. Instead I'll do it on the Vita or PS3.

I'm still hoping for the Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 to show up as a PS2 classic or as DLC for the Vita/PS3 versions of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Also, still waiting for Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions to appear on the PS1 portion of the PSN.

Any thoughts on this? Is it fun? I remember MGS games always being A LOT of talking. I'm not sure about the gameplay but the camera seems a bit awkward. Is it mostly 3rd person or 1st person? Ive seen that its possible to go into 1st person, but it seems to only be optional. I've never played te originals of this remake, but I'm still on the fence. Thanks guys

bread's done
Back