11/11 - Paper Mario: Sticker Star - TBA

11/22 - Spirit Hunters Inc.: Light - $7.99

11/22 - Spirit Hunters Inc.: Shadow - $7.99

TBA - Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy VC) - TBA

TBA - Liberation Maiden - TBA

TBA - Sonic Blast (Game Gear VC) - TBA

TBA - Sonic Labyrinth (Game Gear VC) - TBA

CURRENT CLUB NINTENDO REWARDS (3DS):

- 3D Classics: Urban Champion - 150 Coins (expires 10/21)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, good job on the thread.

The Game Gear pricing is interesting, because it seems to be based by brand recognition, from everyone knows what Sonic is, to some know what Shinobi is and finally to what the heck is Dragon Crystal?

I'd guess Kid Icarus 3D Classics is going to come out the 22nd or the 29th, considering Uprising is on the 23rd. I don't know about the Game Boy sequel though, since NCL doesn't feel like NA users buy old games.

thought pop cap would learn their lesson the last time they release a cart based game and then a online game

Zuma's Revenge online does not have all of the cart based has.

many people downloaded plants vs zombies and they got so many complants they sent cart verison out to people who got it day one (download)

Oh, forgot to mention that I bought Mutant Mudds over the weekend.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the purchase thus far...

Out of the eShop specialty games I've bought so far, Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and this, I'd say this is a step below MSF, which is 3 steps below Pushmo.

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh, forgot to mention that I bought Mutant Mudds over the weekend.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the purchase thus far...[/QUOTE]

Mutt Mudd looked interesting but not very entertaining.

As for the eShop this week, eh. I wish I could hope that Crusaders of Centy could make it.

I wonder why we haven't gotten Wario Land yet and why it doesn't look like it's coming this month. NOA is starting to piss me off.

After SMB, Metroid, and Punch-Out!!, I thought maybe they'd finally start putting out NES VC games on a more regular basis, but I guess not.

[quote name='Cheapskate']After SMB, Metroid, and Punch-Out!!, I thought maybe they'd finally start putting out NES VC games on a more regular basis, but I guess not.[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised we haven't gotten Zelda 1 yet, since Japan got it in December.

I'd rather have classic GB games right now. I'm anxiously waiting to buy Wario Land and Kid Icarus II.

Nintendo eShop
ARC STYLE: Soccer 3D – Enjoy fast-paced matches with the simple controls of this casual soccer game. You can customize your teams' names and uniforms, or even use a photo of your own face. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo Video™
World Premiere "Skyscrapers" by OK Go (available at 9 a.m. PST) – OK Go hit Nintendo Video once again this week with their latest display of 3D mastery. Don't miss the world premiere of the band's newest video "Skyscrapers" on Nintendo Video! (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop
Mutant Mudds™ (demo version) – Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max must vanquish his nemeses, the Mutant Mudds, by blasting and hovering his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. This free demo is now available on Nintendo eShop. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• 90's Pool (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
• 2 Fast 4 Gnomz (demo version) (WiiWare™)

Anyone play ARC STYLE: Soccer 3D? I'm interested in playing, but don't care enough about soccer to buy a sim like PES or FIFA. Curious if Soccer 3D is fun to play.

[quote name='Andami']I am, too, but I suck at art, so I have no idea what I'd do with it.[/QUOTE]

I doodle fairly often, so this application is up my alley. Went ahead and bought it. I'll post impressions when I mess with it. IGN gave it a 9.0.

I went ahead and bought it as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'll enjoy it. While my art skills are questionable at best, I enjoy doodling as much as the next guy.

I messed with the application for a while yesterday and found it surprisingly good. Switching layers and removing layers is easy, and the tools are robust. Being able to save the images to the SD card is nice, as well.

Well no new VC releases except Kirby's Block Ball is advertised as coming soon. No sign of Wario Land any time in the near future so I'm just gonna give up hope on that one and it'll somehow magically appear out of no where when I pick up interest in the 3DS again.

So anybody playing 3D Classics: Kid Icarus?

I decided to see if the game was still as impossible as it seemed when I was a kid...and that first level is still wicked hard. But when I was reading up on ways to make it easier, I discovered that it's apparently one of the few games that starts hard and gets easier -- rather than the easy-to-hard progression of, y'know, normal games -- resulting in a final level that's actually easier than the first level? Very odd.

I tried out the Pyramids demo, but wasn't super impressed.

I beat it around the time I got Uprising. After 1-2 it gets a lot more manageable. But keep in mind that this is based off the Japanese version, so there's no New Game Plus, which makes getting the best ending a lot harder.

[quote name='Cheapskate']So anybody playing 3D Classics: Kid Icarus? [/QUOTE]
I got it with my pre-order and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Gets a lot better after you get over the hump of the first few levels. Never even knew about the multiple endings.

I finally beat it!

The difficulty does easy up after the Underworld, but it's still pretty tough (unless you want to grind, which is a trade-off between tough and tedious). There were enough interesting ideas to keep me from giving up entirely before reaching the end, but at the same time there are so many poor game design decisions that were made. Granted, that's partly due to the experimental nature of the game, and the nature of experiments is that they don't all end up successes.

It's definitely a game where you have to read the manual first (or use a strategy guide)...my not having access to the manual (and GameFAQs not yet existing) would explain why it seemed straight up impossible when I was a kid. The game practically teaches you to play it incorrectly, by making you think that enemies spawn infinitely at the beginning and need to be just pushed through, unless you've read enough to know you're supposed to be trying to kill every single one in order to level up.

An Angry Birds cash-in that doesn't bother with trying to imitate Angry Birds gameplay...kind of odd. At least the price is interesting, though I doubt it will convince anyone else to set future 3DS eShop games at a similarly low price.

Whoa, Nintendo better slow down. If the eShop updates continue to be as exciting as these last four weeks, I just don't know what I'll do with myself.

Ummm Kirby Block ball is a very interesting and fun game, and more difficult than you would expect out of a kirby game.

I think that's how some PSN games do it. At least early ones like Super Stardust HD. The new stuff is hard to Par, especially Bonus 1. I really have no idea how to do that any faster.

Holy crap, the eShop Virtual Console just got laserdisc arcade port! Does this mean we'll start seeing further arcade ports...?

This just makes it seem that much more sad that Nintendo is so far refusing to port SNES and GBA games...

On the other hand, the last two weeks have had a lot more games (and demos) than usual. Could this be the new state of things? Is Nintendo finally starting to learn?

I'm content with the Wii VC for SNES games but this shit about no GBA games is ridiculous. Bring on Firepro Wrestling (this will not get a VC release)

I'm curious: Where'd you get those dates for the various VC games?

Very happy to see Wario Land FINALLY come out. Same with Kid Icarus 2.

Finally finished up the last puzzle in Sudoku by Nikoli and I would definitely recommend against it if you want sudoku on your 3DS. The controls are poorly done, the UI on the bottom screen is poorly designed, and it only has 50 puzzles in it. If it's anything like the PSP version, EA's Sudoku DSiWare game is the game to get since it pretty much offers an unlimited amount of games from what I can tell and it has a proper pencil mode.

EA's Sudoki DSiWare game got taken off DSiWare because it allowed you to hack your DSi. Maybe it got put back up, I don't know.

EDIT:
It got put back up. Download away. It's really good I hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back