DJ Hero 2 bundles $10 at Big Lots YMMV

goodnight144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
I've heard this game isn't that great but $10 for a new copy didn't seem bad to me. They had quite a few copies for PS3, 360, and the Wii at my local big lots (Cookeville, TN) all clearanced to $10. If someone already posted this or nobody cares then I apologize.
:)

Big Lots has always been completely YMMV. It's where stuff goes to die and every store's stock is completely random. If you have one nearby, it'd be worth it as DJ Hero 2 is awesome. But I'd never go out of my way to visit one.

Thanks op. Will check out my local big lots tomorrow.
jopop

They were 20 at the St Augustine FL store. They also had the Wii Goldeneye bundle with the gold CC Pro for $30 and a Resident Evil Wii blaster set for $12.

They also had a great big one for the ps3 that looked like it had two turntables and a microphone for $15. Not sure what package that is considered.

[quote name='goodnight144']They also had a great big one for the ps3 that looked like it had two turntables and a microphone for $15. Not sure what package that is considered.[/QUOTE]

Party bundle. Picked that sucker up at TRU last year. I know have three turntables collecting dust...

[quote name='goodnight144']They also had a great big one for the ps3 that looked like it had two turntables and a microphone for $15. Not sure what package that is considered.[/QUOTE]

Where it's at?

I may just have to go look for myself. My little cut of Oregon doesn't get too many YMMV deals though.

The one by me had several of the party bundles for 360 for $30, a couple PS2 DJ Hero 1's for $20 and some of the Goldeneye's for Wii for $30 I think.

Last week, I think the store here had the normal bundle for $20 and the party bundle for $30. Unless they've dropped since then, I'd say YMMV.

Also have to agree that it's a great game. I love both DJ Hero games, and the 2nd is even better than the first. Definitely a steal for $10...even worth the $20 or 30.

In Las Vegas, found PS3 party bundle for $30. They were all sold out of PS3 single turntable and all Xbox versions. None on the floor - there was one randomly on the counter on the way out. I asked if they had more and they said they had them all in the back.

I'd recommend asking the cashiers if they have any copies. The video game areas in both Big Lots I've been to are just plain 1-2 disk shelves that cannot possibly hold DJ Hero boxes.

[quote name='bozasm']In Las Vegas, found PS3 party bundle for $30. They were all sold out of PS3 single turntable and all Xbox versions. None on the floor - there was one randomly on the counter on the way out. I asked if they had more and they said they had them all in the back.

I'd recommend asking the cashiers if they have any copies. The video game areas in both Big Lots I've been to are just plain 1-2 disk shelves that cannot possibly hold DJ Hero boxes.[/QUOTE]

The two I've been to in my area keep the bundle games like DJ Hero in the electronics section with the CD-R's/DVD-R's and computer supplies and all that...although one did have the Tony Hawk Ride/Shred games on an endcap in the toy section instead.

[quote name='MR_E']The two I've been to in my area keep the bundle games like DJ Hero in the electronics section with the CD-R's/DVD-R's and computer supplies and all that...although one did have the Tony Hawk Ride/Shred games on an endcap in the toy section instead.[/QUOTE]

Passed by a second Big Lots looking for original set. The second one confirmed they stored them in the area you are describing. Apparently the first one I went to just kept them in the office, which I find to be a very hard way to sell that item.

here's a sample of DJ Hero 2, the very first setlist in the campaign. It's not fancy because it's to get you used to the controls so you won't see some of the crazy stuff that happens later. I'll eventually record the mixes I really like...

720P gameplay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lJTzpg4bIY

720P gameplay of DJ Hero 2 on the Xbox 360. Showing a medley of: 1) GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE (THE MESSAGE) vs KOOL & THE GANG (JUNGLE BOOGIE). 3:31 2) SNOW (INFORMER) vs JACKSON 5 (ABC). 7:51 3) DEEE-LITE (GROOVE IS IN THE HEART) vs CHIC (LE FREAK).

Kanye West (Heartless) vs Lady Gaga (Lovegame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJBjMBYx4E

Sean Paul (Get Busy) vs Harold Faltermeyer (Axel F)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxX3bnO51yk

Stevie Wonder (Superstition) vs Edwin Starr (War)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNrVjhA_Xs

Berlin vs Vunda Boy
Pitbull (I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)) vs Nightcrawlers (Push the Feelin On (MK Mix 95))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TWgiRiTCRA

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at my Big Lots last weekend (17th) and didn't see any. Probably all sold out, but you still might get lucky if you check.

I got the Renegade Edition of DJH1 for $30 back when they still had it. Wish I'd caught this one. DJH2 is a decent value at $10 even without the bundle.

bread's done
Back