The Darkness II (X360/PS3) $39.99 at AMZN FSSS

Thanks
thanks

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Game was well worth the $60 I paid for it on launch.
Hopefully the cheapasses don't screw us out of a third game...[/QUOTE]
lol are you serious?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol are you serious?[/QUOTE]
What's the problem? I'm a cheapass; I like getting deals.
This game is going to drop in price and if people want to wait on it, that is their prerogative. Smart thing to do as well.

But if this game doesn't make much money, it's harder for a follow up to be justified. I can't want this game to do well?

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']this limited edition like Bestbuy's?[/QUOTE]
Best Buy didn't have an exclusive. The LE was either for preorders or first run copies; I can't remember.

[quote name='krashhole']Amazing game! Rented it from Redbox when it came out and beat it in under 9 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If any FPS in the past year deserved more sales, it's this one.
And to think that we have to wait for Bioshock Infinite to get another great non-dudebro shooter sucks.

It's a fun game to play through; I didn't touch the Vendettas, though. It's not that surprising to see a good sale, anyway - it seems hardly anything (even MW3 sometimes) is immune from sales at this point.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's a fun game to play through; I didn't touch the Vendettas, though. It's not that surprising to see a good sale, anyway - it seems hardly anything (even MW3 sometimes) is immune from sales at this point.[/QUOTE]

The Vendettas were actually pretty fun with friends.

Really liked this. It's short as hell though, but worth a New Game+ run and a co-op missions run. The co-op missions can be played and enjoyed solo though if you can't do them in co-op.

$25 on PC was a no brainer. $40 is probably a bit much, but a LOT of love went into this. Great dialog and voice acting. Just listen to some of these descriptions that most players might just ignore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKlaFyQDhWw

That said, I need to reiterate. It is shooooort, it goes by fast, and the free talk segments where you fish for dialogue like in the Schafer games destroy the pace just as much as they did in Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Still, just for quality, fun shooting, I thought Darkness 2 was worlds better than Serious Sam.

My Steam counter says I clocked 21 hours on it but that was multiple playthroughs and a lot of co-op dicking around. 4-5 hours is probably a safe bet for campaign length. Also, play on Don, the hardest difficulty. It is not a hard game.

Yeah I only rented this but if I had bought it at $25 or less I would have been very happy. It is short but the New Game+ allows for another play. It is also a talky game, meaning go around in the down time and talk to everyone. If you played the 1st game I think the talking parts will resonate a bit more because it really is a continuation of that game. They actually ramp up the fun with the gameplay in the 2nd though. Slicing people in two with car doors and impaling people with pool sticks never got old. Gun channeling is also one of the sweetest power ups in a game. It is also a seriously M rated game. They took it to the absolute max in ever way but the cool cell-shaded style made it feel more like a comic than reality. I have not played a game that got my heart pumping with the action like this game did in quite some time. Definite recommend.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Just listen to some of these descriptions that most players might just ignore[/QUOTE]

Those are the best parts of the game!! Well that and the beginning of the level with Tone Loc playing on the jukebox. It still makes me chuckle. :lol:

With that said I got this on release day, while I absolutely love everything about this game, story, gameplay. My only gripe is it is short. It only took me one night to beat the game and thats with me exploring everything and listing to every bit of dialogue. Another night to complete it on Don and everything else. Despite that I do hope they make another follow up.

Take the M rating seriously. There's a scene where a prostitute is performing oral sex for a mobster.

So, you know, that might affect your proclivity to buy.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Game was well worth the $60 I paid for it on launch.
Hopefully the cheapasses don't screw us out of a third game...[/QUOTE]

I don't agree at all. I played and beat it during the Redbox games week and finished it comfortably in 2 days. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for this and that's pushing it a bit. I'll consider picking it up for a NG+ playthrough at sub $10.

[quote name='abhinav']I don't agree at all. I played and beat it during the Redbox games week and finished it comfortably in 2 days. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for this and that's pushing it a bit. I'll consider picking it up for a NG+ playthrough at sub $10.[/QUOTE]

I did the 2 day rental also, but I liked it more than you did. 20 is my price point to pick this up again, but I'm sure gamefly will have it used for 10 in no time.

[quote name='abhinav']I don't agree at all. I played and beat it during the Redbox games week and finished it comfortably in 2 days. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for this and that's pushing it a bit. I'll consider picking it up for a NG+ playthrough at sub $10.[/QUOTE]

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I thought the game looked fantastic. It had excellent controls and the quad-wielding was natural and easy to pick up. They heard the complaint that the gunplay felt weak in the Starbreeze game and fixed it. Dialogue was great in the game too. Some of the characters were hilarious.

My only complaint was that Mike Patton didn't do as good a job as the first game. But it's still Mike Patton.

Easily a $60 game.

thanx rollingskull listened to that whole thing and it was great. I love when they put passion into games. they could have just had text or some boring reading, but that voice actor for those relics was fantastic. A++ thank you.

still gonna wait for $20 or less tho

bread's done
Back