Guild Wars 2 pre-orders available April 10th

TLPRIME

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
https://buy.guildwars2.com/

3 options available: Digital, Deluxe Digital , & Collector's Edition $149.99. Prices not yet revealed for the first 2 versions. Probably ~$60 and ~$80.

All pre-orders get: Access to all beta events after April 10, 3 day headstart, and the "Hero's Band" a ring that gives minor stat increases.

*edit*
System Requirements:
Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shadow model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection

I was just wondering what the pricing would be on the CE .. $150? Jesus. That really took the wind out of my sails.

Probably still going to spring for the Deluxe, but even that's asking for much being the middle tier edition of the game.

Im so ready for this game.

if only i could freeze my self till its released..

The Deluxe edition seems like the way to go, 150 is a lot and they aren't really offering anything that is a must have item like some other collectors editions. Also im pretty sure the Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD and scans of the makeing of book will end up online. So if you think about it you can still get everything besides the Custom Art frame, Art Portfolio with Five Art Prints and Charr Statue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I;m going with the standard version. The Collector's Edition is too expensive for me, and the Deluxe Version has nothing that makes me want to spend the extra $20. The golem banker only lasts for 5 days then it's gone, so I wonder if some of the other items listed are perishable?

Best Buy and Gamestop are doing the Pre-purchase, in store only.

They will hand you a code... unsure if it's a piece of scratch off card or a DVD case with code.

They did this with Factions too... for the beta weekends.

I am only stopping in to GS because I have credit to burn.

[quote name='xycury']Best Buy and Gamestop are doing the Pre-purchase, in store only.

They will hand you a code... unsure if it's a piece of scratch off card or a DVD case with code.

They did this with Factions too... for the beta weekends.

I am only stopping in to GS because I have credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

This, plus the fact Amazon is doing Pre-purchases as well, but Best Buy and GS are the only two authorized Pre-purchase retailers for the CE.

WAIT until you see the words "PRE-PURCHASE" or BWE(Beta Weekend Events) or 3-Day Headstart if you're ordering online. There's been a lot of hullabuloo about this Pre-purchasing nonsense and no sense in wasting your own time canceling orders and whatnot.

Still on the fence about ordering the standard box from Amazon, or going to Gamestop to get the CE.

I still think they are idiots for not offering the CE on Amazon, because then my decision would be easy.

[quote name='timmaa']The official Mike O'Brien response to no CE on Amazon was that all of the regional distributors would not be ready by pre-purchase day(today), so they couldn't have people ordering there while only seeing half of the orders filled. Though I believe France is the only region that is getting their pre-purchase CEs through Amazon.

link: http://www.guildwars2journal.com/_/...n-pre-purchase-of-the-collectors-edition-r134[/QUOTE]

Well that most certainly blows. I just converted all of my GameStop credit to Amazon partly for this.

[quote name='HydroX']Well that most certainly blows. I just converted all of my GameStop credit to Amazon partly for this.[/QUOTE]

Even better news(sar)....

"Quick update Amazon in the UK and USA will not be part of pre-purchase, but they are doing a pre-order of the standard edition. ^AT"

- GW2 Twitter

Pre purchased the CE this morning and they didn't know or did the beta codes

Typical failstop

Anyways stopped at noon and the register finally had the codes printed out

So go get them beta weekend codes!

I thought amazon failed here..... Why couldn't they have the code too?

Do it lIke the 10-20 codes when you pre-order a game

Anyways read somewhere that there might be only 3 beta weekend before release but GS had a release date on the 26 of june which is a Tuesday !!!!!!

My son just pre-purchased the CE from GameStop... the GameStop employee knew all about it and the serial # for BWE was printed on the receipt.

[quote name='cheapfrag']My son just pre-purchased the CE from GameStop... the GameStop employee knew all about it and the serial # for BWE was printed on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Seems like it was fixed at around 11 CST.

I stopped back at noon and they rerun the supposed item number and it printed the code.

Off to register and wait.

I had wished we would have gotten something to take home... a box or a mini mag or something.

anyone go to BB for the prepurchase? are they just a receipt like GS? or a snazzy preorder box like as seen in the past?

[quote name='timmaa']Even better news(sar)....

"Quick update Amazon in the UK and USA will not be part of pre-purchase, but they are doing a pre-order of the standard edition. ^AT"

- GW2 Twitter[/QUOTE]

A redaction of said tweet followed:

"We are working with Amazon in both the USA and UK in regard to pre-purchase and pre-order, more news to follow :) ^AT"

-GW2 Twitter

Since GW2 is all digital between the $60 and $80 versions, is there anything that makes the game worth the extra $20 for the $80 CE?

I am on the fence on preordering but I think I might. I am looking for a new MMO to play, and well WoW has it's problems for me at the moment, and I did not really care for TOR.

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill - the concept art looks cool, but the skill will probably be junk
Rytlock Miniature - oh boy a mini pet. shit was stupid in gw1.
Golem Banker - 5 days of access to your bank anywhere. i don't know enough about the mechanics to know if this is useful in some way since you can tele where ever you want which probably has a stash. IF theres some sort of presearing area, maybe you could farm some high level loot and smuggle it into presearing on a diff character, but I don't think there is. Also it expires in 5 days.
Chalice of Glory - One time use boosts to favor, just like those +1k faction things in gw (aka something you get by playing ab for 30 mins)
Tome of Influence - One time use boost to guild rank, probably the same thing as above except you probably level it via guild vs guild.

So.. no, to me none of that stuff is worth 20$.

Fun fact, if anyone is trying to prepurchase at BB, they are only offering the preorder, which is just the $5 down, and they are unaware of the prepurchase option, telling me that it was probably for the digital version only. So I went to GS instead, where they know what is going on. And I now feel slightly dirty, but happy enough.

But unless BB and ArenaNet figure stuff out, BB is just offering preorders, like Amazon currently.

but preordered standard physical copy. This is gonna be the first MMO I actually pay for. feels strange man.

I pre-purchased the normal version. Honestly I had zero interest in the other versions. The Deluxe is a rip off imo with perishable items, and the only thing that interested me in the CE was the soundtrack, but I'm not about to drop $150 for it.

I'm surprised GW2 is not getting more attention on here, personally I think WoW is dying and I am never going back especially since they introduced pandas, whether it was in the lore or not.

GW2 looks amazing in the parts I've seen and the classes seem to play all differently especially with the weapon/ability system.

The open beta for people who preordered is supposed to be this weekend right?

[quote name='hustletron']I could definitely see getting into this after this first beta weekend but holy shit do they need to fix the FPS issues.[/QUOTE]

Yup. ANet says the game will be optimized at launch, so hopefully those issues get fixed.

I love love love the combat in this game.

Are they specifically FPS issues, or is there a memory leak that causes performance to degrade over time?

[quote name='SEH']Are they specifically FPS issues, or is there a memory leak that causes performance to degrade over time?[/QUOTE]

GW2 ran all on the CPU. They had already made several statements about it.

My game ran fine till there was 40 characters all ganging on the End event 80 level Rabbit boss.

They will be eventually moving the graphics processing over to the GPU later.

I could crank up the graphics but I could see my 6 cores going from 40% to 60%.

Game ran fine otherwise.

Yeah, I got much better performance from the GW2 beta once I set the process to high priority. I imagine it'll run pretty well once it actually uses my graphics card.

Is GameStop still doing "Pre-Purchases" for GW2? I went to my usual one and none of the employees knew anything about pre-purchases and said I could "pre-order" if that's what I was talking about.

I really would like to get the pre-purchase goodies, but I want the physical disk version. Really wish the official site would sell standard physical copies too instead of just digital versions.

I was able to snag a beta key for next weekend, and I am getting super excited. I have watched a lot of combat videos. I am liking what I see. Part of me is tempted to just jump on the GreenManGaming deal for 10% off and be done with it.

But honestly, the thing that will seal the deal is if I can convince some friends to play or find a good community. That is what sells MMOs for me.

Anyone else in the beta for next weekend/played in past betas?

I saw on this week's Fry's ad thread that the Collector's Edition is "available 6/28". Kind of cool you can get all those goodies up front, since I assume the game isn't out till this winter?

[quote name='humidore']I saw on this week's Fry's ad thread that the Collector's Edition is "available 6/28". Kind of cool you can get all those goodies up front, since I assume the game isn't out till this winter?[/QUOTE]

From what I've been hearing people are expecting a summer release, around July.

bread's done
Back