(OOS already) Vengeance Trilogy [Blu-ray] - $29.99 Shipped at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Deal is already dead

Amazon has The Vengeance Trilogy for just $29.99. It includes Chan-Woon Park's Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, and Lady Vengeance. All are excellent movies in my opinion and a steal at this price.

LINK

source: Blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch for it to appear from a third-party seller, MovieDepot -- it's actually Palisades Tartan themselves (I verified this by comparing the return address on the package I received from them to the address on their website). They've posted it for $19.99 (plus $2.98 shipping, of course) several times now. I got my copy from them a few months ago.

Here's a link to their storefront, though they're out of stock on that one at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/shops/moviedepot

It actually dropped to $24.99 yesterday. I wish I had taken a screenshot of it, but it was OOS before I could even get myself straightened up to buy it :/

I wanna buy this but I have them on DVD. Anyone interested in trading something for my Vengeance Trilogy DVDs?

Deal is back! Only 4 copies left I got mine! According to some of the comments Oldboy has some sort of audio loss area in it, somewhat worried about this...

Finally got one. arcane93 must be right about moviedepot being Palisades Tartan. The product page says MovieDepot, but my order history says sold by Palisades Tartan.

Ah, it seems like only yesterday when I placed my order for this @ $32.99 and had to wait 2+ months for Amazon to ship it. Last summer...sigh.
I have been getting the urge to watch Lady Vengeance again. I've only seen it once, compared to 5+ times for the other two. Maybe this weekend I'll watch it again.

Also, Battle Royale coming out soon! Whoo!
Can't wait for my $22.97 Complete Collection to get here!

[quote name='BargainGamer']According to some of the comments Oldboy has some sort of audio loss area in it, somewhat worried about this...[/QUOTE]

It's not missing audio or anything like that. What they mean is that a lossy compression codec was used rather than a lossless one. It definitely doesn't sound as good as it could, but it's not terrible either.

The stand-alone Oldboy release has lossless audio. But of course you can't get the other two movies individually.

Got my copy in today. Just curious, did anybody receive the tin version, since it technically was direct from Tartan? I didn't, but was hoping to receive it. Anybody get lucky enough to get that version?

I'd love to get this collection and the battle royale collection. Sucks that most b&m stores probably don't carry it though.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'd love to get this collection and the battle royale collection. Sucks that most b&m stores probably don't carry it though.[/QUOTE]

I found the Tin collection at a store called Vintage Stock. Two days ago. I paid a little more than I would have on Amazon but that was ok with me. I was just happy I got the Tin.

[quote name='derkduck']I found the Tin collection at a store called Vintage Stock. Two days ago. I paid a little more than I would have on Amazon but that was ok with me. I was just happy I got the Tin.[/QUOTE]
Why? It's most likely a dented POS.

[quote name='Stele']Why? It's most likely a dented POS.[/QUOTE]

Considering he bought it in person and thus had the ability to judge whether the condition was acceptable to him or not, that's a rather idiotic thing for you to assume.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Considering he bought it in person and thus had the ability to judge whether the condition was acceptable to him or not, that's a rather idiotic thing for you to assume.[/QUOTE]

^^This. I would've not bought it if it was a dented up POS. :lol:

I doubt there exists a completed undented one out there. You wouldn't be able to see the smaller dents under the shrinkwrap or without proper lighting either. I once looked through 20 of them at Best Buy and they all had dents. Supermarket cookies use stronger materials for their packaging.

Look at your steelbooks or whatever at night with good lighting. You will be amazed at how much more defects you will notice.

[quote name='Stele']I doubt there exists a completed undented one out there. You wouldn't be able to see the smaller dents under the shrinkwrap or without proper lighting either. I once looked through 20 of them at Best Buy and they all had dents. Supermarket cookies use stronger materials for their packaging.

Look at your steelbooks or whatever at night with good lighting. You will be amazed at how much more defects you will notice.[/QUOTE]

cool story, but no one cares. The guy is happy with his tin, I'm happy with mine fully knowing it has a few dents. Why are you trying to rain on his parade?

facepalm2.gif

I ordered this Saturday from iNetVideo using PayPal check out and I never received another email after the initial confirmation. I was starting to get concerned so I emailed customer support and they told me it shipped on Monday. When I got home from work today it was in my mail box waiting. So if you ordered from inetvideo and didn't receive a shipping confirmation email don't worry. Also the set is still in stock on iNetVideo.

Already have all 3 on DVD, but for anyone on the fence - I cannot recommend the movies enough. Everyone already knows Old Boy, but Sympathy for Mr Vengeance is one of my favorite movies. Awesome through and through.

For those of you who are interested, the trilogy boxset sold by inetvideo.com is indeed the canadian version packaged by alliance as pictured on the website. Which comes with the 7.1 DTS-HD lossless audio codec for oldboy. The US version by palisades tartan not only was it not working when released, it has been removed as a feature from the set.

[quote name='uncomfortable_can']For those of you who are interested, the trilogy boxset sold by inetvideo.com is indeed the canadian version packaged by alliance as pictured on the website. Which comes with the 7.1 DTS-HD lossless audio codec for oldboy. The US version by palisades tartan not only was it not working when released, it has been removed as a feature from the set.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean that Oldboy copy in the Canadian release is a two-disc set? I like the packaging for the U.S. release, and I really miss the Tartan Asia Extreme line of DVDs (I was working on getting all of them at one point) but it's a bit shitty how they handled this release... Didn't people have problems with getting a copy of Oldboy in the Lady Vengeance case as well at one point?

In my order from last year, I got a copy of Lady Vengeance in place of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance but Tartan sent me a replacement copy. I personally don't care about the oldboy sound issue right now because I don't even have a good enough audio setup to take advantage of it. Worst case I can always buy the standalone version since I actually love the cover art on it, and the movie is worth a double dip (well triple dip for me since I own the oldboy DVD tin too :D).

[quote name='ssjmichael']In my order from last year, I got a copy of Lady Vengeance in place of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance but Tartan sent me a replacement copy. I personally don't care about the oldboy sound issue right now because I don't even have a good enough audio setup to take advantage of it. Worst case I can always buy the standalone version since I actually love the cover art on it, and the movie is worth a double dip (well triple dip for me since I own the oldboy DVD tin too :D).[/QUOTE]

Funny, that was what I was going to do as well. I just ordered the Tin on Ebay for a damn great price, and I still want to get the stand-alone Blu and stick it in the set and sell the one from the set locally.

[quote name='Vulgarism']So does that mean that Oldboy copy in the Canadian release is a two-disc set? I like the packaging for the U.S. release, and I really miss the Tartan Asia Extreme line of DVDs (I was working on getting all of them at one point) but it's a bit shitty how they handled this release... Didn't people have problems with getting a copy of Oldboy in the Lady Vengeance case as well at one point?[/QUOTE]

It's just a single bluray disc for oldboy. But all of the special features are included on the disc. Lady vengeance does come with a special features DVD. This release comes in the slim cases rather than the full cases in the us version. I don't know about mix ups in the us release but everything seems to be correct with what I received.

bread's done
Back