The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD $31.49 pre-order @ Amazon

Kind of want this, because Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever.

Wish they would just announce Bayonetta 2 though.

[quote name='crazydom2']Kind of want this, because Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever.

Wish they would just announce Bayonetta 2 though.[/QUOTE]
One of my all time favorites as well. Still looking for a Scarborough fair gun. Will pick this up, thanks op.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Best action game this gen. DMC and Ninja Gaiden ahve nothing on Bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of dmc, NG, and bayonetta...NGB, NG2, DMC1, and DMC3 are far, far, far superior to Bayonetta. The gameplay was okay in Bayo, but the goofy convoluted story, annoying jpop, and overall weirdness of the game makes it pale in comparison to the others mentioned.

It'll probably be better than NG3. I'm going to try and like it, but I just don't think it's gonna be good.

[quote name='plus1zero']The gameplay was okay in Bayo, but the goofy convoluted story, annoying jpop, and overall weirdness of the game makes it pale in comparison to the others mentioned.
[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. It makes it better. The gameplay was not just okay, it was awesome. The artstyle was awesome too. Better than those other boring games. Playing a generic ninja and a brooding retard gets old after some time.

Once you've played Bayonetta, there's no reason to play those other games. It sets the bar so high.

Bayonetta is my favorite game from this generation. I've never played the DMC series, so I'm REALLY looking forward to the upcoming collection.

[quote name='plus1zero']annoying jpop[/QUOTE]

I don't pretend to know anything about video game music, but I thought the music in Bayonetta fit the tone and feel of the game absolutely perfectly.

[quote name='plus1zero']As a fan of dmc, NG, and bayonetta...NGB, NG2, DMC1, and DMC3 are far, far, far superior to Bayonetta. The gameplay was okay in Bayo, but the goofy convoluted story, annoying jpop, and overall weirdness of the game makes it pale in comparison to the others mentioned.

It'll probably be better than NG3. I'm going to try and like it, but I just don't think it's gonna be good.[/QUOTE]

No, no they aren't. Bayonetta has amazing gameplay. I'm still discovering new techniques everytime I play the game. The sheer breadth of options it gives you in combat is mindblowing. I'm not hating on the other games. NGB and DMC3 are also two of my favorite games of all time, but Bayonetta stands right up there with them.

I also find it hilarious you complain about goofy convoluted stories and weirdness while praising Ninja Gaiden and DMC in comparison. Newsflash bro, those games are just as bad.

[quote name='HaloSucks']is this book for masturbation purposes?

Yea I'm still figuring out what kind of storyline was the game even about[/QUOTE]
I think its more of an art book with an hour behind the scenes dvd with the Platinum Games crew developing the game. Not sure though.

[quote name='HaloSucks']is this book for masturbation purposes?

Yea I'm still figuring out what kind of storyline was the game even about[/QUOTE]
oh you know witches coming back from the dead to kill angels with hair
your sterotypical story line

Game was cool. Just don't understand why something like this doesn't come out until years after the game has gone out of relevance though, with no real signs of a sequel or anything either.

[quote name='crazydom2']I also find it hilarious you complain about goofy convoluted stories and weirdness while praising Ninja Gaiden and DMC in comparison. Newsflash bro, those games are just as bad.[/QUOTE]

Took the words out of my mouth.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Best action game this gen. DMC and Ninja Gaiden ahve nothing on Bayonetta.[/QUOTE]
^this^

I couldn't put Bayonetta down for a whole week until I got the 1000 achievement points, it was that good.

[quote name='Psybuster']Game was cool. Just don't understand why something like this doesn't come out until years after the game has gone out of relevance though, with no real signs of a sequel or anything either.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this came out in Japan a while ago. This is the translated version.

I have the import, but I may double dip for the DVD. Thanks, OP!

Easily. It spoiled me for other 3D action games. When I first started it, I didn't quite get the feel for, it, but then I went back to some earlier levels with what I had learned, and it all clicked into place. Didn't stop until I had cleared the highest difficulty level after that.

[quote name='Slermy']To be fair, this came out in Japan a while ago. This is the translated version.

I have the import, but I may double dip for the DVD. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Same here, the Japanese book is gorgeous, tempted to order this too though...

[quote name='Curufinwe']Just added it to my wishlist.

Shame they never did a reprint of the the Official Guide, though. I was lucky enough to get that thing from Amazon UK for about $35 including shipping just before they went out of stock. Now they go for ridiculous prices from third party sellers.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayonetta-Off...0039/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331745216&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I regret not importing this, but not enough to justify those prices!

Fantastic Game! wish i had 360 so i could play the 'better' version, but PS3 game was freaking awesome from start to finish.
Instant buy for me just for the book, the dvd is just a bonus. Hopefully they have a teaser about Bayonetta 2

Great gameplay but I hated the art. Can't stand the pseudo-christian monster design in games like this and FF13.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Was this the same as the Japanese Climax Bible?[/QUOTE]

No, the Japanese version of this was also called "Eyes of Bayonetta".

Love Bayonetta. Still remember the commercial when it came out saying "Greatest action game on the planet...period." And it's still an arguable point. The gameplay is just so deep and challenging.

Thanks, OP.

Buying it. Would have preferred hardcover, but OH WELL!

Bayonetta.... the only game this gen where I get to punch God into the Sun.

YEAH.

Vrylakos

[quote name='Psybuster']Game was cool. Just don't understand why something like this doesn't come out until years after the game has gone out of relevance though, with no real signs of a sequel or anything either.[/QUOTE]

Well there is a high chance that Kamiya has been directing the sequel for the past year.

I still got a total digital crush on Bayonetta. I know...sad. lol

I love this game so much that I actually imported the limited edition from NZ with the gun, soundtrack, and artbook also.

Not sure if I want to bite on this though. Seems a bit excessive despite how much I like the game and character(s).

[quote name='Foolman']Well there is a high chance that Kamiya has been directing the sequel for the past year.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.

[quote name='madmak28']Ugh, did everyone else just get the Delayed till Jan 10, 2013 message?[/QUOTE]

Haha yep. About 2 minutes ago. Updated the OP with the new date.

Either way, thanks for the heads up. Good to have an order secured. The binding on Udon books are terrible, but the content is always top shelf.

Udon's website still shows TBD for the release date.

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/the-eyes-of-bayonetta-art-book-dvd/

I feel like the only person on the planet who doesn't like Bayonetta. The combat never involved much more skill than DODGEROLLDODGEROLLDODGEROLLDODGEROLL -> one button combo, rarely requiring any thought or strategy at all. Even NONSTOP∞CLIMAX difficulty put me to sleep. Sure, maybe the combo system is really deep and and complex, but the thing is, I never cared. I like games that require me to pay attention to timing and position, not about how to get 999 hit combos on corpses - and after Witch Time became completely trivial with Bat Within, it made itself clear that it never wanted me to have to pay attention. On top of that, QTEs are dumb and I hate them. I've never played DMC or Ninja Gaiden (outside the NES version, which I think was pretty cool), but if Bayonetta really is millions of times better than those two, I think I'll just avoid them.

Really bummed after getting the mail today. They pushed it back until TBD? That's pretty weird; what's up with Udon and their releases lately? They've practically all been pushed back.

If it was Hardcover, I would bite on this. Not a big fan of Paperbacks. Maybe they should've included the game? Seems lackluster for a paperback book and DVD.

As for Bayonetta being the best hack and slash game of this generation? It's definitely up there, but it is a rather short game with meh music and a story that's been done before (but then again what story hasn't?).

I prefer Ninja Gaiden 2 over it because it was, overall, a much more challenging game with a better combat system. It is better than DMC4, there is no doubt about that, but going back a generation, is it better than DMC3? No way. DMC3 had a great story with one of the best antagonists (Vergil) out there. However, they are all great games with their own faults, just some greater than others.

bread's done
Back