whatever became of 28 months later

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
the 3rd part of the 28 days later movie deal.. last i heard was to be shot in 2008 then 2010

anyone know if this has even started yet

From Wikipedia:

In October 2010, when Alex Garland was asked what was happening with 28 Months Later, he declared: "I'll answer that completely honestly. When we made 28 Days Later, the rights were frozen between a group of people who are no longer talking to each other. And so, the film is never going to happen unless those people start talking to each other again. There is no script as far as I'm aware."

that sucks i was looking forward to another one of those. one of the best zombie/non zombie series out there. itd be cool to see a game based off of it.

Supposed to take place in Russia, if I recall. 28 Days Later was fantastic. 28 Weeks Later was still pretty decent (excellent use of night vision/total darkness), and I would totally support a 28 Months Later.

Too bad, as others have posted, it's stuck in development hell...

wow...I was actually waiting for the 3rd movie to come out before I even try to see the first two....but I guess I can go ahead and watch/rent/buy them now seeing how the 3rd one will never be made (not any time soon).

Eh, after 28 weeks later was pretty underwhelming, I can't say I'm too disappointed with this. The first one is possibly my favorite zombie movie ever.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Supposed to take place in Russia, if I recall. 28 Days Later was fantastic. 28 Weeks Later was still pretty decent (excellent use of night vision/total darkness), and I would totally support a 28 Months Later.

Too bad, as others have posted, it's stuck in development hell...[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly.

I love 28 everything! Man, they had better make 28 months later. The movies were very well done, IMO. Although days was better, weeks was very good, too.

SPOILER~

Loved that scene in 28 weeks when the husband and wife are in different corners of the room and he just bails on her! I was like, fuck!! but what else could he do? I remember me and my wife fighting like hell over that scene cuz I told her if she was dumb enough to try and save a random kid, I am going to leave your ass. Sounds kinda mean but remember that those zombies were fucking FAST! Then he ran for miles to some boat. That whole scene gave me chills.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I love 28 everything! Man, they had better make 28 months later. The movies were very well done, IMO. Although days was better, weeks was very good, too.

SPOILER~

Loved that scene in 28 weeks when the husband and wife are in different corners of the room and he just bails on her! I was like, fuck!! but what else could he do? I remember me and my wife fighting like hell over that scene cuz I told her if she was dumb enough to try and save a random kid, I am going to leave your ass. Sounds kinda mean but remember that those zombies were fucking FAST! Then he ran for miles to some boat. That whole scene gave me chills.[/QUOTE]

that scene was awesome and she deserved it. i also liked when the infected are spread in the city and how for the first bit the military is taking them down and then before you know it total chaos. hated how doyle died seems like he could have just shot the guys with the flamethrowers.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I love 28 everything! Man, they had better make 28 months later. The movies were very well done, IMO. Although days was better, weeks was very good, too.

SPOILER~

Loved that scene in 28 weeks when the husband and wife are in different corners of the room and he just bails on her! I was like, fuck!! but what else could he do? I remember me and my wife fighting like hell over that scene cuz I told her if she was dumb enough to try and save a random kid, I am going to leave your ass. Sounds kinda mean but remember that those zombies were fucking FAST! Then he ran for miles to some boat. That whole scene gave me chills.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it started out so awesome

But later locking himself in the room with his wife - I don't buy it. That guy was a survivor, no way is he going to lock himself in the room with his dumbass wife.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah it started out so awesome

But later locking himself in the room with his wife - I don't buy it. That guy was a survivor, no way is he going to lock himself in the room with his dumbass wife.[/QUOTE]

lol, that was the worst part. He's like, "my bad for leaving you wifey, let me make it up to you by making out with your incapacitated face. I'll just assume you are not infected even though I saw you get eaten alive." Still, it was entertaining.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah it started out so awesome[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The first ~12 minutes of 28 Weeks Later is absolutely fantastic. Shame it didn't keep it up through the rest of the film. I want to watch that opening again. *shudders*

We should all write them to get them to talk to each other again lol it may work

If you guys want a trilogy, you can always just add 28 Days to it!

MV5BMTYwMDA1NjAxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODc3MTU3._V1._SY317_.jpg

There is a comics series that returns to London and pretty much serves as a third entry to the series.

It may not be canon but sometimes those are better. I liked Peter David's idea for what to do after Star Trek III far better than the actual Star Trek IV. Nearly all of the Mirror Universe stuff they did later on DS9 and other Trek shows drew heavily on David's writing for that DC series.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']why would you want another movie after 28 weeks? That was an atrocious piece of cinema, such a shame because 28 days is one of my favs.[/QUOTE]

It's the opposite IMO. Hate days, but enjoyed weeks.

It's been a long time since I've seen Days, but the thing that sticks in my mind is the guy turning into Rambo towards the end. I recall thinking that was really really dumb.

bread's done
Back