Best Buy Ad - 3/18/12 - 3/24/12

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, March 20, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/dvd-in-new-york/march-18-24-2012-3-18-3-24-best-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals-picture

The Muppets:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
  • 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) with Collectible Lunch Box - $27.99 ($22.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive*
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy:
  • DVD - $15.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
The Sitter:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
Striptease:
  • Blu-ray - $12.99
The Ring:
  • Blu-ray - $12.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

New Releases coming out Friday, March 23, 2012:
Hop:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
Free 7" Bunny Minion Plush when you buy Hop on Blu-ray.
$9.99 DVD:
  • Muppet Movies DVD 3-Pack - (Kermit's Swamp Years / The Muppets Take Manhattan / Muppets From Space)
  • Hachi: A Dog's Tale
  • Stuart Little 2
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
$12.99 Disney DVD:

Includes bonus Easter Kit
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Great Clubhouse Hunt
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • A Goofy Movie
  • Mickey and the Beanstalk
$7.99 Blu-ray:

• From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money Miramax Double Feature
  • No Country for Old Men
  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
  • Bull Durham
  • Spaceballs
  • Species
  • Death Race
  • Training Day
  • The Pelican Brief
  • The Fugitive
TV on DVD Sale:

$14.99

• CSI: Miami - Seasons 1 - 8 each
  • Rizzoli & Isles - Season 1
  • Columbo - Seasons 1 - 5 each, Seasons 6 & 7
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Seasons 6 - 9 each
  • Criminal Minds - Seasons 1 - 4 each
  • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - Seasons 1 - 5 each
  • NYPD Blue - Seasons 1 - 4 each
  • NCIS - Seasons 1 - 2 each
$16.99
  • NCIS - Seasons 3 - 6 each
  • Bones - Season 1
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Seasons 1 & 2
$18.99
  • Smallville - Season 10
  • Parks and Recreation - Season 3
  • Shameless - Season 1
$19.99
  • Weeds - Season 7
  • Nurse Jackie - Season 3
$24.99
  • Sons of Anarchy - Season 1
  • Modern Family - Season 1
Thanks to Annie Chu
Examiner.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Muppets or Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...
[/QUOTE]

Well they are pretty much the same movie, give or take an anal rape, Nazi serial murderer, and the odd torture scene.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Well they are pretty much the same movie, give or take an anal rape, Nazi serial murderer, and the odd torture scene.[/QUOTE]

The Daniel Craig Muppet had some great scenes though.

Im iwating for price match on a few things
pricematch

[quote name='dinovelvet']Well they are pretty much the same movie, give or take an anal rape, Nazi serial murderer, and the odd torture scene.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's amazing Muppets was able to get away with a PG with all of that. Especially what they did to Jack Black in the end of that film.

wait, so the only way to get the 3-disc muppets it to get it with the lunchbox? they aren't going to have a standalone for like $24.99 or something? sucks..I was told specifically (by the wife) NOT to get the lunchbox b/c they aren't useful..

[quote name='token2k6']wait, so the only way to get the 3-disc muppets it to get it with the lunchbox? they aren't going to have a standalone for like $24.99 or something? sucks..I was told specifically (by the wife) NOT to get the lunchbox b/c they aren't useful..[/QUOTE]

So just get it and sell the lunchbox.

[quote name='bardockkun']Muppets or Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...

Ehhh...Muppets I guess. Mostly because lunchbox wins it out.[/QUOTE]

Also, since Muppets is a Disney film, it's probably less likely to be cheaper in the coming months than Dragon Tattoo is.

No interest in the Muppets lunch box, but I'm hoping amazon lowers the vanilla 3-disc set to match this price. I have the $5 off pre-order coupon locked in there.

I have Muppet Movie preordered at BB with the iron pack. Get the lunch box too & I'm hoping that they'll pm Target's price on the Wocka Wocka edition ($3 cheaper). Muppetcoupon.com (active).

BB's price for the wocka wocka edition might be the same as Target's. It'd be kind of silly to have both be $27.99 considering the price difference between the two on their website.

The Ring and No Country for old Men I might end up getting.

Hey could you also post the sales for Video games from 3/18-3/24

[quote name='token2k6']wait, so the only way to get the 3-disc muppets it to get it with the lunchbox? they aren't going to have a standalone for like $24.99 or something? sucks..I was told specifically (by the wife) NOT to get the lunchbox b/c they aren't useful..[/QUOTE]

The 3 disc non-lunchbox is available now for pre-order for in-store pickup.

Digging the coupon on the Muppets. The girl and I already have the steelbook for it and this lunchbox will just be even more awesome.

[quote name='Taco5']The 3 disc non-lunchbox is available now for pre-order for in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Huh. $5 cheaper than the lunch box version in the pre-order price. But making it $5 cheaper than the sale ad price on the lunch box version would make it the same as the two-disc version, which isn't likely. Way to keep it confusing, Best Buy.

Really annoying that there's no way to get them to hold an item other than actually ordering it online. Can't use the coupon or cash in the pre-order deposit with an online order. At the same time, they don't open until after I'm at work, and the lunch box version will probably be gone by the time I can get there after work. Bah.

VERY tempted to buy From Dusk til Dawn on blu-ray, I love this movie! Not a big fan of the sequel though. Thinking about training day also but I already own it on dvd. Does anyone know if the video game deals for the new Best Buy Ad were posted yet? Thanks

[quote name='rubengss']VERY tempted to buy From Dusk til Dawn on blu-ray, I love this movie! Not a big fan of the sequel though.[/QUOTE]

If you just want the first movie and not the crappy sequel, get the disc that is only the first movie by itself. It's encoded at a higher bit rate and should look better because of it (still doesn't look great, but it's not awful).

[quote name='SKEETER']So just get it and sell the lunchbox.[/QUOTE]

This. I've seen items like this down the road go for quite a bit of money on eBay due to their limited supply and availability.

The "22.99 after coupon" thing, is that the coupon you get after trading in a DVD or is it something on the box like tintin had last week?

wtf is with Best Buy? the Muppets combo alone is $35 but with the lunchbox it's $28? and they conveniently only get two per store

[quote name='themidnighter23']wtf is with Best Buy? the Muppets combo alone is $35 but with the lunchbox it's $28? and they conveniently only get two per store[/QUOTE]

I luckily got one. Last one in the store it seemed.

M

bread's done
Back