Cool stuff to put on a resume?

Tony Stark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I am talking non-conventional stuff

I want to hear your ideas on:
YouTube videos (if they have some value i.e a unboxing video, or a fix a device video like RROD fix, or a teardown video)

eBay Powerseller

and please post your own cool ideas that arent normally on resumes but will set you ahead of the field

Depends on what you're applying for, but as someone who has hired people before, I'd laugh my ass off if someone gave me YouTube links to anything on their resume unless it was their film reel.

[quote name='JJSP']Depends on what you're applying for, but as someone who has hired people before, I'd laugh my ass off if someone gave me YouTube links to anything on their resume unless it was their film reel.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was on a hiring panel before and this kind of thing would not be good idea.

[quote name='62t']Yea I was on a hiring panel before and this kind of thing would not be good idea.[/QUOTE]

What random things have you seen that werent on a lot of resumes that you liked?

[quote name='Tony Stark']What random things have you seen that werent on a lot of resumes that you liked?[/QUOTE]

Billionaire playboy, former alcoholic?

A gimmick on your resume isn't going to get you a job. It will get you laughed at and potentially made fun of on the Internet however.

Unless it's relevant to the job you're applying for (which it's not), no one cares about your eBay seller ID, your Naruto Fanclub membership, or links to youtube videos with you in them.

The coolest thing to an employer would be if you had enough prior experience to fill up the resume with that.

The furthest thing from experience I ever had on a resume was volunteer opportunities I had worked in. But as my experience grew, those dropped off my resume. Also, used to have more on my academic achievement but now that is just a bullet point.

For electronic resumes I add gifs for pop. Here's the most recent one I have been using:
original.gif

I would add to previous jobs

Pimp from ( your birthday- to present)
-- put had to give it up due to economy... Thanks alot Obama.

References

Jenny 867 5309

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tony Stark']wow you guys are no help

but what do I expect on a game site[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're expecting. If you were applying to a game website to review games, maybe they'd care about an unboxing video. Otherwise, they only want info that pertains to how you can do the job better. Your resume lets them know you can do the job. The face to face interview is the chance you get to inject some of your personality to show them that you mesh with their environment.

[quote name='Rosterking']kill death ration on cod. All companies are looking for this![/QUOTE]

LOL I always mess with my friend who just got out of the Army about his horribly low K/D ratio. His resume implies he's a camper.......

bread's done
Back