Resident Evil 5 Gold (PS3) - 16.99 @ Newegg

Thanks gonna pick this up straight away
cheers

Tempting... very tempting any chance it hitting $9.99 anytime soon with Raccon City right around the corner?

Hmm, there are a couple of Newegg reviews that claim that when they ordered RE5 they received rewraps. It'll be interesting to see what's in the batch.

[quote name='nwaugh']Hmm, there are a couple of Newegg reviews that claim that when they ordered RE5 they received rewraps. It'll be interesting to see what's in the batch.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it was a rewrap. I think that RE5 Gold is one of the few titles that can actually come in shrinkwrap from the factory.

I just checked and scottman did some research on this back in January to confirm: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9323725&postcount=43

Going to differ with scottman on that last observation:

edit: after checking bestbuy, all re5 gold have that style shrinkwrap. Newegg isn't selling any reseals.

The RE5 Gold I bought at Best Buy last month is folded wrapped, not shrink-wrapped.

[quote name='Lucian']I don't think it was a rewrap. I think that RE5 Gold is one of the few titles that can actually come in shrinkwrap from the factory.

I just checked and scottman did some research on this back in January to confirm: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9323725&postcount=43[/QUOTE]

16.99 is a good deal even if used, considering the DLC is on-disc for the PS3 version. Kinda deceptive I suppose if they are selling a rewrap as new like GS, but the bottom line is that this is a lot of bang for the buck at this price.

I really want this to play with the Move, but I just played through it on 360. I also just spent $21 on Gamefly sales. But with the DLC included, maybe I should just spring for it.

[quote name='jessesixto']Is this move compatible?
Does Best buy PM with Newegg?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Move compatible.
Good luck with getting BB to PM Newegg. My BB won't PM any place they cannot see from the front door of their store.

OOS, dangit... been waiting for this one to drop and am never on the ball when it does.

The Amazon price isn't too bad tho, hm.

[quote name='gantt']Going to differ with scottman on that last observation:

The RE5 Gold I bought at Best Buy last month is folded wrapped, not shrink-wrapped.[/QUOTE]

I have seen many capcom games have both y folds and the shrink wrap across all retailers and just off the top of my head I have seen both version of RE Mercenaries 3DS, Revelations 3DS and RE5 Gold.

Although I have received other "New" games from Newegg that did look rewrapped that I had never seen sold that way as "new" from other retailers.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why would anybody hate Newegg?
This is a great price btw.[/QUOTE]

Because people randomly hate things. Some hate Amazon, some Best Buy, some Target, many Walmart, etc. That's what people do

[quote name='JP73']Because people randomly hate things. Some hate Amazon, some Best Buy, some Target, many Walmart, etc. That's what people do[/QUOTE]
I hate eggplants.

Well, it heavily derails from the traditional feel of RE, and perhaps the old good times of RE will be gone forever to cater to the younger generation, but I wouldn't call this game horrible.

[quote name='brandtron8000']Got the auto-notify email that it's back in stock and ordered one.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the update; I ordered one with Free 2-Day Shipping courtesy of ShopRunner. ;) Now I can trade my vanilla copy in to GS.

[quote name='neuropunk']horrible trash garbage game

too bad the resident evil series sucks now and is made for call of duty fans[/QUOTE]

Wow.. I don't see any similarities between RE5, Mercenaries or Revelations and any of the COD games... well except that World at War and Black Ops had zombies... but regardless I don't see how you can compare the franchises except that RE has become more of a shooter and less of a survival horror but that is about where the similarities end IMO

Huh?, they went out of stock, and then back in stock a day later? Guess I'll try again before they disappear again. Let that be a lesson, always double check threads.

Thanks OP, got one. Played through it when it first came out on 360, but never got to play through the DLC. Plus with 6 coming out, wanted to give it another playthrough.

Amazing game, Amazing price. The move support is awesome with this game! Punching fools in the face with Chris has never been so fun. xD btw this is coming from an old school RE fan too.

Oh, and Boulder. :)

I received a folded wrap (not shrink-wrapped). Looks identical to what I saw at Best Buy.

[quote name='nwaugh']Hmm, there are a couple of Newegg reviews that claim that when they ordered RE5 they received rewraps. It'll be interesting to see what's in the batch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rockinjs']Ghost Busters?[/QUOTE]
Yes

Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve.

That's gotta be some cockroach!

Bite your head off, man.

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, it heavily derails from the traditional feel of RE, and perhaps the old good times of RE will be gone forever to cater to the younger generation, but I wouldn't call this game horrible.[/QUOTE]

Revelaitons does a good attempt at swinging back towards the traditional feel

[quote name='PublikDefender']everyone please ask amazon for a price match.
shipping to where i live is too expensive.[/QUOTE]

I did this, and so did some others apparently because Amazon has matched it. I just ordered one...showing 15 remaining in stock.

in for one - got $20 back from newegg because skyrim CE dropped in price 1 day after I could return it (PS Newegg rocks)

buying this and lords of shadow for $12 and darkspore le for $6 since I was in the beta of it and didn't hate it completely - its really more worth 5 but with free shoprunner shipping its tolerable.

bread's done
Back