Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

[quote name='Soodmeg']No news link? No real insight, as a black man I am ashamed by this post. You can't just throw shit like this out without the proper backing. This I why racial topics get glossed over so much because people don't put actually effort into topic.

Jesus nothing but a fuckig YouTube video?[/QUOTE]

He referenced the burglar thread which has the link in it, but here's the link for people who aren't following that thread:

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html

[quote name='soodmeg']no news link? No real insight, as a black man i am ashamed by this post. You can't just throw shit like this out without the proper backing. This i why racial topics get glossed over so much because people don't put actually effort into topic.

Jesus nothing but a fuckig youtube video?[/quote]
LOLZ

[quote name='dohdough']http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html

zimmerman was previously arrested for assault on an officer: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-who-shot-killed-teen-sanford-neighborhood-has-/nlpgl/

just so people don't have to go fishing for facts:
- zimmerman saw martin walking on the street and called 911(it's assumed that zimmerman was in his car because he was stalking martin in it)
- 911 told zimmerman to stay put and wait for the cops
- zimmerman is quoted as saying "those assholes always get away" on the 911 recording
- a fight occurs
- within 2 minutes of the 911 call, martin was shot in the chest
- after the shot, 6 neighbors called 911 to report a fight and shooting[/quote]

More Links:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/trayvon-martin-sanford-state-attorney_n_1343223.html
http://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-watch-...nable-police-conduct-032002155--abc-news.html

There are reports of witness coercion as well. A few witnesses say that they believe it was Martin that was screaming for help and not Zimmerman. Zimmerman has also been reported as being "over-zealous" in his duties as captian of the neighborhood watch.

All this is info is found with a simple google search.

I've been following this story keenly and if the local authorites don't do anything, I hope the feds jump in. There's a lot of fishy bullshit going on.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No news link? No real insight, as a black man I am ashamed by this post. You can't just throw shit like this out without the proper backing. This I why racial topics get glossed over so much because people don't put actually effort into topic.

Jesus nothing but a fuckig YouTube video?[/QUOTE]

REALLY??!??!? You think THAT'S why racial topics "get glossed over"? If you are ashamed by this post you need to look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are a worthy human being. :bouncy:

When I decide to submit the above video to an academic journal, I'll make sure to submit a works cited list... and include a link to a news article.

[quote name='joeboosauce']I saw the burglar thread and thought this warranted a post. WHO DA SHAF-FU thinks we live in a post-racial society??? Blows my mind. And I wonder WHY the white guy wasn't arrested... When was the last time you heard of a white guy shot for holding skittles and an iced-tea? This is equality in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CcVCoU-elc&feature=BFa&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ&lf=plcp[/QUOTE]

I thought racism was over because Obama was elected.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I knew all of that information already, my point was that it gets lost when you just run into a room, shout something and then leave. If you are going to post a topic, post the the topic. The "I'm outrage...check this video out" is kinda lame.[/QUOTE]
What is the bar for sufficient research? Do you want to set that bar? Should I use the same standard. Have you looked at the other posts in this forum? Care to go through and make sure they meet your high standards? You want APA or MLA citation? Point being is anyone can have their own arbitrary standards. There are no standards. And to say that citations are the reason people ignore legitimate race problems in this country is off the mark. OK, if you want to say something to this issue, you can. If not, I won't be the CAG vs mode forum standards police.

[quote name='IRHari']I thought racism was over because Obama was elected.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!? No quote? Haha. Sorry I'll leave beating dead horses to soulvengence...

[quote name='joeboosauce']What is the bar for sufficient research? Do you want to set that bar? Should I use the same standard. Have you looked at the other posts in this forum? Care to go through and make sure they meet your high standards? You want APA or MLA citation? Point being is anyone can have their own arbitrary standards. There are no standards. And to say that citations are the reason people ignore legitimate race problems in this country is off the mark. OK, if you want to say something to this issue, you can. If not, I won't be the CAG vs mode forum standards police.[/QUOTE]

If its not 3 paragraphs double spaced than you shouldnt post it.

Naw but seriously, I guess I dont get why people post threads that contain very little to no information or just a post to a video. If you are gonna talk about the subject...talk about the subject, it seems lazy otherwise.

Anyway, now that DD is here, I look forward to insightful commentary.

[quote name='IRHari']I thought racism was over because Obama was elected.[/QUOTE]

Racism will never be over as long as there are white people.

[quote name='UncleBob']Racism will never be over as long as there are stupid people.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='UncleBob']Racism will never be over as long as there are white people.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, white people have it so hard. It's like they're the only group that's allowed to be discriminated against!:roll:

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, white people have it so hard. It's like they're the only group that's allowed to be discriminated against!:roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, DD - you've shown me the light. Only white people can be racists. Unless you're being racist for white people.

[quote name='Soodmeg']A little bit more info on this is that Zimmerman has lived somewhere else since the shooting and no one seems to know where he is.

Very strange that you can shoot someone and then leave your house for an extended period of time.

Zimmerman is also a criminal justice major in college.

Yeah, the oddest thing of all is how one can simply say it was self defense and not be brought in for questioning. If that was the case wouldnt every murder be free for a month before being taken in?[/QUOTE]
This is a good example of how racism operates systemically in the US. It's not just about oppression, but how special privileges are given to white people. Can anyone honestly say that if it was a black man that was the shooter that they wouldn't be immediately arrested if it was a white teenager? Or how do we explain that Zimmerman is given the benefit of all the doubt in the world, yet Martin is being labeled as the aggressor(after being stalked and racially profiled) when Martin is the one that mostlikely acted in self-defense? Or what if Martin got the gun away from Zimmerman and killed him?

[quote name='UncleBob']Oh, no, DD - you've shown me the light. Only white people can be racists. Unless you're being racist for white people.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, white is the new black. Go fuck yourself.

DD - I'm curious - can you name a single white person of any notoriety that you don't believe to be racist in some fashion (including the idea that a white person taking advantage of years of black oppression is racist)?

[quote name='UncleBob']DD - I'm curious - can you name a single white person of any notoriety that you don't believe to be racist in some fashion (including the idea that a white person taking advantage of years of black oppression is racist)?[/QUOTE]
Why don't YOU name some?

Take with a grain of salt since it's a Yahoo comment, but saw this posted

" This is not the real story. George called 911 to report a suspicious person. As he got off the phone the kid attacked him and started beating the crap out of him and slamming his head against the walkway. All the while saying "you're gunna die tonight motherfxxxxx" George was screaming help when someone in a nearby apartment called 911 again. George's shirt came up while the kid was beating him, revealing the gun that he is licensed to carry. The kid went for the gun and they struggled for it, George ended up shooting the kid and saving his own life. All these people on yahoo saying that he should be in jail when they don't even know what happened. George is the brother-in-law of one of our good family friends, works with my parents, and is one of the nicest most gentle people you will ever meet. He's completely devastated that this happened and has barely been functional from the guilt. No one shoots someone for no reason, and especially not George. And they need to stop pulling the race card, George is hispanic, not white."

[quote name='Pookymeister']Take with a grain of salt since it's a Yahoo comment, but saw this posted

" This is not the real story. George called 911 to report a suspicious person. As he got off the phone the kid attacked him and started beating the crap out of him and slamming his head against the walkway. All the while saying "you're gunna die tonight motherfxxxxx" George was screaming help when someone in a nearby apartment called 911 again. George's shirt came up while the kid was beating him, revealing the gun that he is licensed to carry. The kid went for the gun and they struggled for it, George ended up shooting the kid and saving his own life. All these people on yahoo saying that he should be in jail when they don't even know what happened. George is the brother-in-law of one of our good family friends, works with my parents, and is one of the nicest most gentle people you will ever meet. He's completely devastated that this happened and has barely been functional from the guilt. No one shoots someone for no reason, and especially not George. And they need to stop pulling the race card, George is hispanic, not white."[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this was spammed in quite a few places. Which begs the question of why Zimmerman got out of the car in the first place.

[quote name='Soodmeg']That as to be the worst right up in the world. In fact you should delete has I would assume that it's clearly made up. If he was slamming his head into the ground both blood and akin would be present I the ground. Witness would have reported something to that extent (they haven't said too much but It was definitively on along the lines of he was being attacked for several minutes) plus a 17 year old kid getting skittles and a iced was apparently so full of rage that he was beating a man right outside his house?

Not to mention how did this 100 pound kid pull him out of the car? Apparently this is the strongest kid in the world.[/QUOTE]
All reports so far say that two minutes passed between Zimmerman getting off the phone with non-emergency 911 and Martin being shot. And you're right, all black kids have superhuman strength when wearing hoodies, which also makes them violent and gives them the teleportational powers of Nightcrawler(cause they're dark *hurr*) and that's how Martin got Zimmerman out of the car. Imminent danger and self-defense established.

Really quick my post was a jab at whoever created that comment by for who posted it here. Also, the auto correct on my iPhone is brutal..I am new to te iPhone I just can't get used this on screen keyboard.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Really quick my post was a jab at whoever created that comment by for who posted it here. Also, the auto correct on my iPhone is brutal..I am new to te iPhone I just can't get used this on screen keyboard.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha...yeah, that's why I turn auto-correct off on my phone and tablet. I'm on android, so it's less intrusive, but still a pain in the ass.

My post was tongue-in-cheek as well.

Gated community's are filled with so many bigots. It doesn't really matter if he's Hispanic (can't a minority be racist against another minority?), his mugshot doesn't scream Hispanic at least - my MIA biological father is Hispanic and I've always identified myself as white since I don't look Hispanic either.

The Zimmerman surname means he probably has strong German ties so maybe he identified himself as one and really wanted to find his place... and sympathized with Germany's history (I too have close German family members). All just speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohdough']Why don't YOU name some?[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, this is probably out about only reply you could have given that didn't reveal the truth.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Gated community's are filled with so many bigots. It doesn't really matter if he's Hispanic (can't a minority be racist against another minority?),[/QUOTE]

A minority being racist against another minority is simply perpetuating White Racism.

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, this was spammed in quite a few places. Which begs the question of why Zimmerman got out of the car in the first place.

All reports so far say that two minutes passed between Zimmerman getting off the phone with non-emergency 911 and Martin being shot. And you're right, all black kids have superhuman strength when wearing hoodies, which also makes them violent and gives them the teleportational powers of Nightcrawler(cause they're dark *hurr*) and that's how Martin got Zimmerman out of the car. Imminent danger and self-defense established.

[/QUOTE]

^ and what if that was the truth?

I haven't followed this story much since it was originally posted but where are the updates? Has he (zimmerman) been arrested? Has his story been reported?

Everyone was so quick to jump the gun and point Mr. Zimmerman as a racist and race being a motive for this killing. And the media was quick to point out that this saint of a boy just wanted to go down the street and buy ice tea and skittles...

obviously there is some sort of disconnect and the entire story isn't being reported

I can't imagine any scenario where the shooting was justified but I don't think it is as simple as Mr. Zimmerman shot this kid because he was a suspicious looking african american in a hoodie....

....but it makes a better story

[quote name='GBAstar']^ and what if that was the truth?

I haven't followed this story much since it was originally posted but where are the updates? Has he (zimmerman) been arrested? Has his story been reported?

Everyone was so quick to jump the gun and point Mr. Zimmerman as a racist and race being a motive for this killing. And the media was quick to point out that this saint of a boy just wanted to go down the street and buy ice tea and skittles...

obviously there is some sort of disconnect and the entire story isn't being reported

I can't imagine any scenario where the shooting was justified but I don't think it is as simple as Mr. Zimmerman shot this kid because he was a suspicious looking african american in a hoodie....

....but it makes a better story[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's what it is, why not just release the 911 call? We could have all this cleared up in a jiffy.

[quote name='UncleBob']Oddly enough, this is probably out about only reply you could have given that didn't reveal the truth.[/quote]
What truth? That whites benefit more systemically than non-white people strictly because they're white? That those that don't use their unearned systemic advantages and privilege to create a more equitable system perpetuate an oppressive system biased against non-whites? So unless you want to bump and rehash a several month old thread, how about you get back to naming someone.

A minority being racist against another minority is simply perpetuating White Racism.
It's white SUPREMACY, to be more precise.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ and what if that was the truth?

....but it makes a better story[/QUOTE]
You're really stretching it here. So what you're saying here is that Martin was so hopped up on iced tea that he pulled a full grown man that is 100 pounds heavier than him, out of a car, either by ripping the door off its hinge, through the window, and/or teleporting him out of it with his mutant negro powers, and then proceeded to go Sam Jackson on Zimmerman? Is this accurate?

Or maybe you should just read some articles on the story instead of being your usual ignorant self and have an informed opinion for once.

[quote name='UncleBob']I believe I asked you first, kind sir.[/QUOTE]

I already did, dumbshit. Did you read the post?

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

[quote name='dohdough']I already did, dumbshit. Did you read the post?

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.[/QUOTE]

If by "semantics" you mean you never named anyone, then sure.

[quote name='dohdough']You're really stretching it here. So what you're saying here is that Martin was so hopped up on iced tea that he pulled a full grown man that is 100 pounds heavier than him, out of a car, either by ripping the door off its hinge, through the window, and/or teleporting him out of it with his mutant negro powers, and then proceeded to go Sam Jackson on Zimmerman? Is this accurate?

Or maybe you should just read some articles on the story instead of being your usual ignorant self and have an informed opinion for once.[/QUOTE]

I did read an article:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ho-killed-black-2241842.html?cxtype=rss_crime

"George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family.."

AND

"Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night. Thirteen-year-old Austin stepped out his front door and heard people fighting, he told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

"I heard screaming and crying for help," he said. "I heard, 'Help me.' "

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground."

Now that more is slowly being released it is starting to make some of you look like idiots.

BUT because he got out of his vehicle it's a crime? He's guilty right? Because it seems like that is the leg you're standing on

[quote name='UncleBob']If by "semantics" you mean you never named anyone, then sure.[/QUOTE]

So I answered twice and then you repeated my answer. Do you have a mental disability or something?

Lets cut the bullshit. If you have a point to make, then make it. If not, then name some names.

DD - I've named as many names as you have.

GBAStar - It doesn't matter if this guy turns out to be David Duke in disguise or Jesse Jackson in disguise. The folks here have already made up their mind. "White" man (even if he isn't white) shooting a black man - racist. Facts do not equate into the situation.

[quote name='UncleBob']DD - I've named as many names as you have.

GBAStar - It doesn't matter if this guy turns out to be David Duke in disguise or Jesse Jackson in disguise. The folks here have already made up their mind. "White" man (even if he isn't white) shooting a black man - racist. Facts do not equate into the situation.[/QUOTE]

I actually said I didn't really care if he was racist, I just don't think any reason short of the kid hitting him with a barbed wire bat would justify shooting the kid in the chest.

[quote name='GBAstar']I did read an article:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ho-killed-black-2241842.html?cxtype=rss_crime

"George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family.."

AND

"Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night. Thirteen-year-old Austin stepped out his front door and heard people fighting, he told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

"I heard screaming and crying for help," he said. "I heard, 'Help me.' "

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground."

Now that more is slowly being released it is starting to make some of you look like idiots.

BUT because he got out of his vehicle it's a crime? He's guilty right? Because it seems like that is the leg you're standing on[/QUOTE]
Being multiracial doesn't mean that you identify as a person of color. Unless you're arguing the one-drop rule, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Zimmerman was in his car following Martin. The incident didn't start when he got out of his car. If someone was following you in a relatively unknown neighborhood, you'd probably be put on the defensive too. Zimmerman was told not to engage and wait for the cops. He then said, "Those assholes always get away." 2 minutes later, Martin was shot. You don't get to claim self-defense if you start a fight or initiate threatening behavior.

Or maybe, you can tell us how a black kid in a hoodie looks suspicious with skittles and iced tea.

[quote name='UncleBob']DD - I've named as many names as you have.[/quote]
So you agree that since whites benefit the most, that it is impossible for a white person to not be racist according to how you think I define racism.

You're a really dishonest sack of shit.

GBAStar - It doesn't matter if this guy turns out to be David Duke in disguise or Jesse Jackson in disguise. The folks here have already made up their mind. "White" man (even if he isn't white) shooting a black man - racist. Facts do not equate into the situation.

Racism doesn't require hate to be oppressive. Racism=!hate.

[quote name='dohdough']Being multiracial doesn't mean that you identify as a person of color. Unless you're arguing the one-drop rule, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Zimmerman was in his car following Martin. The incident didn't start when he got out of his car. If someone was following you in a relatively unknown neighborhood, you'd probably be put on the defensive too. Zimmerman was told not to engage and wait for the cops. He then said, "Those assholes always get away." 2 minutes later, Martin was shot. You don't get to claim self-defense if you start a fight or initiate threatening behavior.

Or maybe, you can tell us how a black kid in a hoodie looks suspicious with skittles and iced tea.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen more biased, manipulative reporting in my life. Read this gem:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-trayvon-martin-family-20120315,0,2583523.story?track=rss

DD - I don't know if you're more confused by the definition of the word "name" or the concept of "single person".

I say this because I asked if you could name a single white person and, while you've yet to actually post a name, you keep saying that you've answered.

[quote name='UncleBob']DD - I don't know if you're more confused by the definition of the word "name" or the concept of "single person".

I say this because I asked if you could name a single white person and, while you've yet to actually post a name, you keep saying that you've answered.[/QUOTE]

No, what you want to have happen here is for me to say that I won't name anyone because, according to how you're defining racism, I think everyone is racist. Or if I name someone, then it would mean that not every white person is racist.

Pick one and choose your own adventure.

I already defined some facets of how racism works and how it pertains to this incident, so why the fuck are you sticking to a child's understanding of the word, racism.

For fuck's sake. This is like me explaining that the sky is blue because molecules in the air skatter the light while you're screaming at the top of your lungs that it's the reflection of the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohdough']No, what you want to have happen here is for me to say that I won't name anyone because, according to how you're defining racism, I think everyone is racist. Or if I name someone, then it would mean that not every white person is racist.[/QUOTE]

That second half is interesting. Your biggest concern with the idea of naming someone is that it'll mean that not every white person is racist. As if that's a bad thing.

[quote name='dohdough']Facts have a liberal bias.:roll:

The 911 tapes have been released. Since you've been doing some "research," you should've at least read the summaries and it doesn't look good for Zimmerman's story.[/QUOTE]

"Sanford, Fla., Police Chief Billy Lee said Zimmerman asserts he shot Martin out of self-defense....

....Until we can establish probable cause to dispute that, we don't have the grounds to arrest him," Lee said last Tuesday."

A dispatcher told him to wait for a police cruiser, and not leave his vehicle. But about a minute later, Zimmerman left his car wearing a red sweatshirt and pursued Martin on foot between two rows of townhouses, about 70 yards from where the teen was going.

Zimmerman's pursuit of Martin did not of itself constitute a crime, Lee said. "

Let's put an end to the comments about him disregarding the "advice" (i.e. not legally binding commands) of the 911 dispatcher and being in the wrong solely because he left the vehicle.

Now let's look at the 911 calls...

“The guy on top has a white t-shirt,” another caller said.

Who had a white T-Shirt on? Not Zimmerman....

And

Within minutes, however, 911 calls are being made to police reporting the two are fighting.

"They're wrestling right in the back of my porch," one frantic caller says. "The guy's yelling help and I'm not going out."

Kind of makes these people from the earlier article look like idiots:

This was not self defense,” Cutcher said. “We heard no fighting, no wrestling, no punching. We heard a boy crying. As soon as the shot went off, it stopped, which tells me it was the child crying. If it had been Zimmerman crying, it wouldn’t have stopped. If you’re hurting, you’re hurting.”
She and her friend say they heard the sounds from a few steps away, where they were inside beside an open window. Seconds later, they dashed out to find a boy face down on the ground and a man standing over him, a foot on each side of the body on the ground, with his hands pinning the shooting victim down.
“I asked him, ‘What’s happening here? What’s going on?’ said Cutcher’s friend, who did not want her name published for fear for her safety. “The third time, I was indignant, and he said, ‘just call the police.’ Then I saw him with his hands over his head in the universal sign of: ‘Oh man, I messed up.’”

The women, who were the first on the scene, said they saw Zimmerman pacing back and forth.
I know what I heard. I heard a cry and a shot,” the second witness said. “If there was a fight, it did not happen here where the boy was shot. I would have heard it, as this all happened right outside my open window.”
The women think there may well have been a physical altercation between the two, but it must have taken place in a different spot, where Zimmerman perhaps had a chance to compose himself and draw his weapon.
Cutcher was one of eight or nine 911 callers that night but she said investigators dismissed her, and a detective failed follow up with her. Both women said police seemed very blasé.

^ Maybe the reason why the detective came of as "Blase" was because he could tell the woman from that article were idiots and their story makes no friggin sense and doesn't support the facts and what was reported by other witnesses... just a hunch

[quote name='UncleBob']That second half is interesting. Your biggest concern with the idea of naming someone is that it'll mean that not every white person is racist. As if that's a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Look shit-for-brains, every white person in the US benefits from being on top of the social heirarchy of race. It doesn't matter if there are white people that don't hate black people when by doing nothing to make things more equitable, just perpetuates systemic inequalities/racism. For the nth time, you don't have to hate someone to do or say something racist.

Your question is dumb and meaningless because it's a child's understanding of racism. Grow the fuck up.

[quote name='GBAstar']"Sanford, Fla., Police Chief Billy Lee said Zimmerman asserts he shot Martin out of self-defense....

....Until we can establish probable cause to dispute that, we don't have the grounds to arrest him," Lee said last Tuesday."

A dispatcher told him to wait for a police cruiser, and not leave his vehicle. But about a minute later, Zimmerman left his car wearing a red sweatshirt and pursued Martin on foot between two rows of townhouses, about 70 yards from where the teen was going.

Zimmerman's pursuit of Martin did not of itself constitute a crime, Lee said. "

Let's put an end to the comments about him disregarding the "advice" (i.e. not legally binding commands) of the 911 dispatcher and being in the wrong solely because he left the vehicle.

Now let's look at the 911 calls...

“The guy on top has a white t-shirt,” another caller said.

Who had a white T-Shirt on? Not Zimmerman....

And

Within minutes, however, 911 calls are being made to police reporting the two are fighting.

"They're wrestling right in the back of my porch," one frantic caller says. "The guy's yelling help and I'm not going out."

Kind of makes these people from the earlier article look like idiots:

This was not self defense,” Cutcher said. “We heard no fighting, no wrestling, no punching. We heard a boy crying. As soon as the shot went off, it stopped, which tells me it was the child crying. If it had been Zimmerman crying, it wouldn’t have stopped. If you’re hurting, you’re hurting.”
She and her friend say they heard the sounds from a few steps away, where they were inside beside an open window. Seconds later, they dashed out to find a boy face down on the ground and a man standing over him, a foot on each side of the body on the ground, with his hands pinning the shooting victim down.
“I asked him, ‘What’s happening here? What’s going on?’ said Cutcher’s friend, who did not want her name published for fear for her safety. “The third time, I was indignant, and he said, ‘just call the police.’ Then I saw him with his hands over his head in the universal sign of: ‘Oh man, I messed up.’”

The women, who were the first on the scene, said they saw Zimmerman pacing back and forth.
I know what I heard. I heard a cry and a shot,” the second witness said. “If there was a fight, it did not happen here where the boy was shot. I would have heard it, as this all happened right outside my open window.”
The women think there may well have been a physical altercation between the two, but it must have taken place in a different spot, where Zimmerman perhaps had a chance to compose himself and draw his weapon.
Cutcher was one of eight or nine 911 callers that night but she said investigators dismissed her, and a detective failed follow up with her. Both women said police seemed very blasé.

^ Maybe the reason why the detective came of as "Blase" was because he could tell the woman from that article were idiots and their story makes no friggin sense and doesn't support the facts and what was reported by other witnesses... just a hunch[/QUOTE]

Walking on a motherfucking street with a hoodie on isn't a motherfucking crime either so why the fuck did Zimmerman think he was suspicious? If the witnesses were so unreliable, why did the cops ask leading questions when the tapes corroborate with their account of Martin being the one pleading for help? If Zimmerman never got out of the car, there would've never been a shooting. Records indicate that Zimmerman has a history of violence and oversteps his authority, so why the fuck is he given more benefit of the doubt compared to an average kid? Is it so unlikely that Zimmerman decided to try and detain Martin until the cops showed up considering his history of this kind of bullshit? Is it so unlikely that it was most likely Martin that was acting in self defense?

This is not some isolated incident of Zimmerman acting like a wannabe cop, this guy has a fucking history of it.

[quote name='soulvengeance']So basically this guy took the law into his own hands, couldn't handle a kid, and shot him dead.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that is accurate.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm defending the final outcome (dead kid) but my point is to those that think race was a motive in the killing as I'm willing to bet race and racism has played a much larger role in shaping the comments in this thread and in the newspaper articles then it did with the outcome that night.

I mean the dude (Zimmerman) made something like 60+ calls to the police in just 14 months. I think it is safe to say that not every single call was to report a suspicous black person in a hoodie.

If anything this article should focus on restricting gun control as he (Zimmerman) would make a good poster boy for why it is NOT a good idea to let average joe blows walk around with concealed handguns.

[quote name='dohdough']Look shit-for-brains, every white person in the US benefits from being on top of the social heirarchy of race. It doesn't matter if there are white people that don't hate black people when by doing nothing to make things more equitable, just perpetuates systemic inequalities/racism. For the nth time, you don't have to hate someone to do or say something racist.

Your question is dumb and meaningless because it's a child's understanding of racism. Grow the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

i.e.: Racism will never be over as long as there are white people.

bread's done
Back