stolen systems- keep a lookout?

DuelLadyS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
A very good friend of mine had her purse stolen from a landromat in Auburn on the 14th. We know from the bit of activity on her card before she cancelled it the thieves went into Kent. She had both her DS lite and her PSP in the purse, along with some games.

She'll be able to dispute the charges once they clear (thank goodness she only had one card in there), but we fear the systems to be gone for good. So, it's a long shot, but if my local CAGs could get the word out, maybe we'll get lucky?

The DS lite is red/back with a Sonic Chronicles skin on it (which could have been removed.) The PSP is the LE lilac one from the Hanna Montana bundle. She's going to get back to me with a complete game list, but we know for sure there's Lumines, Loco Roco, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (japan import) on the PSP. The DS had a couple sonic games. She also lost a blue ipod shuffle with a bunch of Sonic music on it, and a Samung cell phone- I don't know the model, but it was a white & blue basic bar phone with a Qwerty keyboard, from T mobile.

Any tips to find the stuff or the thieves would be apperciated. So would bodily harm appiled to said thieves. ;)

Serial numbers would be helpful.

It sucks having something stolen from you, I had a Ruger P-89, $1200 face value in old currency stolen from my house a few years ago. What really pissed me off was I saw a guy 5 blocks from my house the next week fitting the discription to a "T" looking into a car parked on the side of the road. I was pretty sure it was him, but since I didn't see him with my own eyes....

Doubt she'll ever see them again.

I doubt it as well- in fact, I'm already pricing used DS lites for her birthday next month.

We have no serial numbers, as it turns out she never registered- she has learned the hard way the first thing you do with a new system is register it for just this kind of thing.

It could be worse- she only had one debit card and no credit cards, the address on her ID was out of date, and she didn't have one of those auto-unlock keychains for her car. I'm more worried about the pending charges they got in before she cancelled the card. Her bank won't list the amount of the charges until it clears, and she got paid that day. I suspect she'll be out her whole check until they get things reversed... hopefully that will be a quick process.

I just figured I'd bring it up, in case someone here heads out to check a craigslist ad and finds out this is the stuff for sale. (I didn't see anything in the listings though, so I suspect it was kept or sold to some shady shop somewhere.)

You could look around at the local pawn shops or game shops but without serial numbers to prove anything they'll just tell you to flip sand.

Only other thing I can think of is if they got her cellphone also. If so, you could track what towers she was receiving a signal from. It would at least give you an idea of where they are as long as it was on.

The phone was on, but I imagine at this point it wouldn't do us any better than using where they used her card to figure out a base area.

My brother frequents our local pawn shops, and knows of none that would accept a trade-in without a charger. Which is why I suspect a shadier place than we know of, or that they were kept.

On the plus side, it turns out the import Hatsune Miku game was not put into her portable game case like she thought, but left at home in the wrong case. It'll make the replacing easier. (Now I just have to smack her for taking 16 games to the landromat. Seriously, that many for a few hours of laundry?!)

Just a quick update, for those who might be interested:

The bank allowed the pending charges from the stolen card to be dropped without posting thanks to a timely report of the theft. (Thank goodness she was with our paranoid friend who shoved a phone at her and made her cancel the card asap.) No other leads have come along, so we're in full 'replace stuff mode' now. I got lucky and found a DS lite in great shape at a pawn shop, priced incorrectly at $60. Probably not the best deal I could get by a long shot, but we have a convention coming up so time was a factor. We picked up a few of the games as well, but she was carrying around some good stuff that day- it's not bad, but it's not gonna be super-cheap to rebuy. Luckily we can go game only on everything since the cases were at home.

We've replaced Big Brain Academy (this was missing beforehand), Pokemon Heartgold, Phantom Brave (PSP), Loco Roco 2, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Rush, Knights in the Knightmare, and Ape Escape on the Loose.

What's still gone:

PSP-
Yggdra Union
Patapon 3
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Little Big Planet
PSP-3000 in lilac (the Hanna Montana one)

DS-
Professor Layton and the Last Spectre
Sonic Rush Adventure
Harvest Moon DS
Kirby Sqeak Squad (this was actually lost by her little sister prior to this)
Super Mario 64 DS
Yoshi's Island DS
Pokemon Diamond

So, y'know... if anyone sees a good deal on these, let me know? I'd just post to the trade forum, but with 3 of us game-hunting I figure most things would fall through because someone else would find it before I hammered out the details. Not to mention my only trade fodder is a spare NES and two incomplete copies of Trap Gunner for the PS1.

bread's done
Back