5 futureshop.ca pre-order steelbooks now available for purchase - $20 each!

$20 for steelbooks? Overpriced.
Steelbooks always arrived scratched, and they always print barcodes right on the cases.

IF they came with their respective game it would be a good deal. However, these are just $20 cases.

I tried to order the games and add to cases to the order, they tried to charge me for both. So I emailed support to see if they would give me the steelbooks for free since I was buying the games and was told no. So without getting the game too this is definitely a crappy deal

There are dudes that pay 5x the price to import from another country just to get the steelbook. For $20 I'm sure there's a group of people who would get excited for this.

Many of the people who would pay for this are probably on CAG, just look in the regular forums. This may be a money-making opportunity for some. Just not me.

If they were $5 a pop like in some stores on the clearance tables I would get them but at $20 a pop though there is no way.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']There are dudes that pay 5x the price to import from another country just to get the steelbook. For $20 I'm sure there's a group of people who would get excited for this.[/QUOTE]

Well, normally, as a limited-edition pre-order type deal, these would have some collector value. But what people don't seem to realize is that Future Shop just has some supplier making these things for them en masse, and now they're apparently swamped enough to be selling them outright. Perceived/intangible value down, cynical profiteering up. :)

$20? Wow.

A few weeks ago I was at the Futureshop at Yonge and Eg and they had some steelbooks for $10. Don't know if that's new or not but that was the first time I saw them. They had FF12, Skyrim, AC. Still, $10 is a rip-off.

I'd think $10 is fair. I preorder specifically to get stuff like this, not because I want the game on day 1. So if I could buy the preoder goodie, and wait for the game to inevitably drop $30-$40 I'd come out way ahead.

Selling them after the fact like this though, is quite pointless.

Step one - Order game and steelbook from FS.ca
Step Two - Wait for package to arrive
3 - Go to nearest store and tell them you got charged for a steelbook that should be free since you bought the game.
4 - Enjoy free steelbook

I just did this today with Fear 3 and Duke Nukem. No problems at all in store, they were quite surprised I got charged. I also was able to price match Duke to Walmart, Game and steel for $11.12 taxes in!

Saw the Skyward Sword steelbook case, among others, while I was there to pick up ORC and SH HD the other day. People seriously paying money, in some cases good money, for these half ass steelbooks? lemme print out some artwork and run to the flea market to have the Brasilian bloke do it for me for a fiver. I dunno. To each his own. If the steelbooks were official Nintendo products, sure, but they're not. Futureshop avin' a laugh IMO.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Step one - Order game and steelbook from FS.ca
Step Two - Wait for package to arrive
3 - Go to nearest store and tell them you got charged for a steelbook that should be free since you bought the game.
4 - Enjoy free steelbook

I just did this today with Fear 3 and Duke Nukem. No problems at all in store, they were quite surprised I got charged. I also was able to price match Duke to Walmart, Game and steel for $11.12 taxes in![/QUOTE]

Same here buddy :p.

bread's done
Back