$10 B&M deals KZ3, MvC3, Homefront(360 also), Dead Space 2(360 also) @ HHGregg

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sucks that these are in-store only so I guess many people will be reporting to AMZ or BB for price matches but $10 is a good deal for all these new.

PS3 versions
http://www.hhgregg.com/webapp/wcs/s...tryId=11531&catentryId=11547&catentryId=11559

X360 versions(Just Dead Space 2 & Homefront)
http://www.hhgregg.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&langId=-1&catentryId=11528&catentryId=11548

used versions can be had for less thru BB using the b2g1 and/or $10 off used game @gamer coupon
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9077601#post9077601

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm..I wouldn't mind snagging a few of those for $10 new, but HHGregg is a town over, and I don't think I can make it there today. Any idea if this is some kind of weekly sale?

Would love to pick up some games on the cheap but am trying to get some gamecube games that are hard to find at gamestop and will be moreso once they stop taking trades for them soon.

[quote name='sgaldis']Hmm..I wouldn't mind snagging a few of those for $10 new, but HHGregg is a town over, and I don't think I can make it there today. Any idea if this is some kind of weekly sale?[/QUOTE]I think this is their version of clearance...I made a post regarding MvC3 & DS2 for $20 here some time ago & b/c this is B&M instead I think they're just trying to clear stock & get foot traffic. It's not like many people think of HHGregg as a "gaming superstore" or anything like that.

At one point I thought maybe EA was gonna pull the complete edition nonsense but they didn't with the original & I don't think there's a reason for it this time just a move to $20 GH status would do. It's passed the $30 deal stage long ago.

Although DS2 sold well it still hasn't reached that 3-4 million combined sales that EA is looking for from the franchise moving forward so I guess that's why they announced that they'd be looking to adopt the RE action vibe but I still prefer the spooky atmosphere instead just add more characters/story arcs & get creative in other ways.

Them be good prices. The only one I am remotely interest in is MvC3 though, and I can't bring myself to buy it knowing UMvC3 exists. :/

Well since I was going to Toys R Us anyway I decided to stop into the HHGregg next door and they had all of the games even though their website said they only had Dead Space 2 for Xbox.

I bought Homefront, Dead Space 2 and Killzone 3. The employee didn't know they were $10 so he bought them too lol.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I've never played killzone other than a demo of the first one on ps2. Is killzone 2 or 3 better?[/QUOTE]

Killzone 2 has a slower moving character, at least I thought so, but I enjoyed the story of the campaign much more. 3 is a hell of a great game with the Move and Sharpshooter, though....and 3D :D

:shock:HHGregg actually has a gaming deal? When they first opened stores in my area I got an almost Circuit City kinda vibe from them. Then I went in store and saw that everything gaming related was MSRP and a few things were higher(Dual Shock 3's were $59.99 each:roll:).

I guess maybe keeping games locked up at MSRP wasn't working out for them n they finally realized they'll have to put em on sale or clearance to offload them.

Too bad I already have Killzone 3 from Gamestop a couple weeks ago($12.49) and already owned Homefront and Dead Space 2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock:HHGregg actually has a gaming deal?[/QUOTE]it's not the 1st one I posted the $20 Dead Space 2 deal last yr from here. I think the only 2 places that had it for $20 @ that point were Sears & PC Richards both of which I think I posted too.

Guess I've been able to stay on top of the Dead Space 2 deals LOL. Don't know why since I got the game @ launch last yr. BB sold my CE pre-order but then refunded $20 since I had to get it at another location(gotta love the BB reps @ my local store they recognize a loyal shopper & reward me accordingly.

I have nothing but good things to say about HHGregg ever since they gave me a 160 GB PS3 for $100.
We all remember the $199 price mistake in their weekly ad a few years ago. It was supposed to be MSRP @ $299. They actually honored it by giving $100 GCs by mail. After being shot down for a price match at Walmart (that so many others were successful at doing at WM, BB, etc) I decided to go for the GC. After not receiving my GC for over 2 months I called the store. After they couldn't get any answers from corporate, they said come in and they will refund $100 back to my credit card. Wouldn't you know it not even a week later I get the GC in the mail.:) But it doesn't end there. The GC was burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to buy an HDTV. They price-matched a clearance 42" Panny from BB for $400 ($300 OOP + $100 GC). Wasn't feeling the TV after a week or so I returned it. They refunded the whole $400 back to my credit card.:D

I get a ton of great deals there. Last year I got kirby epic yarn for 10. This year I got the wired 360 controller for 15.

Went in today and got killzone and Marvel for 10 each. 360 version of marvel because they had it already marked to that price before this. My location is always marking stuff down. They just do a managers override. Last year they had little big planet 2 collectors edition for 10.

Price Matched this mofo at my local Best Buy@ South Hills Village Pittsburgh PA.

Got both Homefront and Dead Space 2 for 9.95

Picked up homefront 360 and dead space 2 ps3. Their stock checker must be similar to bb as they had 2 of each game in store but they all showed up oos online.

I stopped by my local HHGregg today, picked up their two copies of KZ3, and traded both of them in at the BBY a couple of stores over with the 40% extra trade-in credit promo. $20 -> $36 is pretty sweet. :D

My store had them in stock. I picked up Dead Space 2. Hmmmm not sure whether or not to pick up homefront.

[quote name='windsmere']I have a few stores around me but their availability checker says none within a hundred miles have them in stock.[/QUOTE]

Inventory checker doesn't seem to work if they only have a couple copies.

[quote name='klimb22']I have nothing but good things to say about HHGregg ever since they gave me a 160 GB PS3 for $100.
We all remember the $199 price mistake in their weekly ad a few years ago. It was supposed to be MSRP @ $299. They actually honored it by giving $100 GCs by mail. After being shot down for a price match at Walmart (that so many others were successful at doing at WM, BB, etc) I decided to go for the GC. After not receiving my GC for over 2 months I called the store. After they couldn't get any answers from corporate, they said come in and they will refund $100 back to my credit card. Wouldn't you know it not even a week later I get the GC in the mail.:) But it doesn't end there. The GC was burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to buy an HDTV. They price-matched a clearance 42" Panny from BB for $400 ($300 OOP + $100 GC). Wasn't feeling the TV after a week or so I returned it. They refunded the whole $400 back to my credit card.:D
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I would've bought another one for the hell of it. The only time I saw a HHGregg store was back in Pennsylvania in January. I wanted to stop in, but my girl and I went to Steak and Shake instead.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']How would this work as a price match at Best Buy? I'm on the west coast and this store doesn't exist here. Would BB still match it?[/QUOTE]

http://www.hhgregg.com/webapp/wcs/st...tentryId=11559

I printed out the page where the link sent me and just showed it to the nearest clerk available and asked him if they price matched HHGREGG for an in-store promotion on any of these games that are available. He said they did.

I also asked if they had to contact the nearest HHGREgg to confirm it. The clerk said there was no need and just proceeded to take me to the register and override the regular store prices to the prices they currently are @ hhgregg.

I'm not sure if every Best Buy location is going to be this cooperative though.

[quote name='cypholis']

I'm not sure if every Best Buy location is going to be this cooperative though.[/QUOTE]

They're not.

Thanks OP, picked up Killzone 3 and Dead Space 2.

HHGregg almost feels like Service Merchandise during their final days, feel bad for them.

The HHGregg near me is very new. It has only been around for around a year or so. Anyway, I stopped in, in hopes of scoring a Dead Space 2, but the game section was a joke. It seriously makes me wonder why they even bother with video games at all. They had a lot of copies of Skyrim, but otherwise, had less than 15 titles for any of the current systems, and most of them were older games that you could find for cheaper elsewhere. The majority of their games was made up of Wii and DS shovelware. This store reminds me of Circuit City, but way worse.

These are fantastic deals for the Brand New :ps3: titles. Namely Dead Space 2 and Killzone 3. I, personally, didn't think Homefront was too bad (enjoyed the multi-player in doses); haven't played the Marvel/Capcom series but for $10, might as well start on #3?

Thanks, much, OP!

[quote name='cypholis']http://www.hhgregg.com/webapp/wcs/st...tentryId=11559

I printed out the page where the link sent me and just showed it to the nearest clerk available and asked him if they price matched HHGREGG for an in-store promotion on any of these games that are available. He said they did.

I also asked if they had to contact the nearest HHGREgg to confirm it. The clerk said there was no need and just proceeded to take me to the register and override the regular store prices to the prices they currently are @ hhgregg.

I'm not sure if every Best Buy location is going to be this cooperative though.[/QUOTE]In the event that it's a must have deal just buy the items at BB & then at the other store. Bring the receipt back from the other store & BB will pm that. That's how I got MK for $30 on it's 2nd week from release. I know it's more legwork + gas but like I said for must have deals.

It's a sin how short Homefront's campaign is. I'm not even sure if people are still playing the multiplayer anymore, either.

bread's done
Back