Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer -- save file question

Tom Jane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
I finally picked up this game used. I set up a new file and deleted the previous adventure. However, all the NPC interactions and records are still from the previous owner. Then I found I had to manually destroy everything in the warehouses. Is there any way to just hard reset the cartridge?

I've tried every menu option. I've tried the older A+B+X+Y+L+R reset. I've tried the Pokemon up+select+B and various other combinations.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do a hard reset? (mine didn't come with instructions)

Thanks a bunch.

Huh. I can't figure out a way to do that on my copy, nor does the Internet reveal any solution.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: you want to delete /everything/ including the travelogue / records? I don't think there's a way to get rid of that.

Yes that is what I want to do. Thank you so much for your response. I didn't know if there was something in the manual telling you to do a hard reset that would kill the travel log and records, since it changed how an NPC acted. Kind of would like to play this as new. But don't want to buy it for $20. I looked for a while on multiple forums, gamefaqs, gamespot, etc. I tried all of the tricks from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (also Chunsoft) and got nothing.

I was just hoping the instructions would say different since I didn't get them with my copy. Sincerely, thanks for your response; bizarre they wouldn't have a hard reset.

Answer
If you want to erase your file go to mian menu and go to travel journal settings and select erase your travel journal.
Rated: +1 / -0

that's from Gamefaqs... sorry i don't own the game, just trying to be helpful...
goodluck

Thanks for the input, canvasch. Yeah, the Mystery Dungeon games are annoying, because you can start your Advernture Log/Travel Journal from scratch, but the Records and NPC interactions are as if the person had played through. There were some tricks to get around it in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I can't get it to work in Shiren, which frankly is a better Rouge-like. It's looking more and more like I may have to buy new.

Can't wait until next gen when there are no used games and all new games are tied to a console/owner... :roll: :cry:

In response to your query about the manual, I just checked mine and although it mentions the Travel Journal as being deletable, there's no such note for the Adventure Log.

Thanks a bunch. Was obviously hoping for another answer. I bought an (obviously) hacked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that had 9999 for everything and it was a headache to get it to factory. I was hoping there'd be something for Shiren. Thanks very much for checking.

bread's done
Back