Albany NY CAGs?

ryanelittlefield

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As I'm sitting here at work on State Street in my Swarm T-Shirt browsing the CAG forums, I can't help but wonder - are there others on here who I'm competing with when raiding the Target clearance endcaps in Colonie, Latham, and Clifton Park? :)

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']Ah nice to meet ya![/QUOTE]

Likewise! I was starting to think I was the only CAG left around here -- the Capital Region thread died out years ago :)

[quote name='jericholic101']Work in Albany, live in Ballston Spa, so I hit from Albany to Saratoga. Many stops along the ride home.[/QUOTE]

Same here, 'cept I live in Round Lake. Keep me posted if you see any deals, eh? Help a brother out? :) I'll do likewise.

Not sure if either of you were these people (slim chance), but funny story regardless:

Stopped into a GameStop in Latham Farms, and just for fun, asked if they had any copies of SMT Devil Summoner. Turns out there was a copy in the Queensbury store, so I ended up making the impulse trip up there to grab it. Apparently, between the time I had them call from the Latham store up until I got there, there were two more people who had called about that same game. The guys in the Queensbury store were laughing because it's been sitting there for 6 months. Ended up getting it for 19.99 less the Pro discount (disc only though). Still a win!

Not me, I use a regular PC keyboard on my PS3. But personally, I'm curious how many possible CAGs I'm gonna see hitting up the Targets tomorrow morning. The stacks of 6+ games will most likely be a dead giveaway.

Btw - Target in Latham's got some new clearance -

RDR Undead Nightmare for PS3 - $13.98.
Singularity PS3 - 19.98
Skate 3 - 13.98
Dead Rising 2 PS3 14.98

Homefront 360 - 14.98

Some others too - Driver for PS3, and a few other shovelware titles/stuff I wasn't interested in. I'll be eyeballing these every time I stop in and looking for a drop, but if anyone sees these drop, could they let me know in case I didn't grab one?

Thanks! Enjoy!

Just wondering, anyone seen :360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time anywhere? I was hoping for the $15 range, but it seems to be getting harder to find.

Anyone going to the Marvel movie marathon on May 3rd? It's at Colonie Center, starting around 2pm -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Cap, leading up to a midnight showing of The Avengers! Tickets are only $35, I grabbed mine yesterday :D

I thought about going to the Avengers thing. But no one to go with. Besides its $35.. Cinemarks is doing it + Hulk for only $20. Too bad there isnt any of them around here.

Anyone interested in a Video Game Tournament / LAN Party this weekend?

Flyer700px.png

I also live in the capital region. Don't really hit up stores like I used to. I used to be all about k-mart clearance games. Now I pretty much buy everything digital but will hit up toys r us or such for a good deal now and again for console exclusives.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Anyone going to the Marvel movie marathon on May 3rd? It's at Colonie Center, starting around 2pm -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Cap, leading up to a midnight showing of The Avengers! Tickets are only $35, I grabbed mine yesterday :D[/QUOTE]I wish I had known about this. I would have totally gone to that.

I'm over in CT, but wanted to give some love to the Capital Region. My grandparents are from Troy (now living in Queensbury), and I've got more relatives in the surrounding area.

Also, is there still a retro game shop in Crossgates? My wife and I were there about a year ago and I had some fun browsing in there. Can't for the life of me remember the name, though.

they have one called Jay Street Gaming. They have stores in Crossgates & Colonie Center. They also have one in King of Prussia Mall & one in some mall in Florida. Personally I have some issues with them so I go to Pastime Legends (Albany - Lark St), Troy - Near Dinosaur BBQ & Scotia.

Anyone around got a xbox 360 or ps3 console they are looking to part ways with for a decent price to a fellow CAG?

Just noticed this on the front page haha, I'm going to school at the University of Arkansas but spend my summers and winters with my dad in Gloversville. Seems like this thread has kind of died out a little bit though

Just a heads up for everyone my group (Exile Computer Gaming) will be hosting our annual LAN Party in September. We will be doing it over 3-Days this year. We have partnered with Pastime Legends and rented both sides of the Ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn - Troy NY.

1 Side will be PC gaming presented by Exile.
The other side will be console presented by Pastime Legends.

Tournaments, Swag, Raffles & 3-Days of Gaming.

Live in Malta, work all over the area, I visit the Best Buy at Crossgates mall often.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back