SSX $39.99 at Amazon

Might I suggest the title "SSX Snowboarding $39.99"? There are going be a lot of double takes happening until you change it. XD

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I have moderate interest in this game, is it any good?
I have also heard Fifa street is pretty good, any opinions on it?[/QUOTE]yes, SSX is definetly reccommended

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I have moderate interest in this game, is it any good?
I have also heard Fifa street is pretty good, any opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

Question, have you played any of the SSX games? I love this game and I'm a fan of the series. Not sure if you have read up about the game but there is no Splitscreen multiplayer. There also a different kind of online multiplayer that isn't about racing but more like leaderboards. Don't let that discourage you cause it's addicting the way the game uses it.

And if you haven't yet, play the demo. I feel the game is worth 40 bucks no problem. Also the game supports custom soundtrack. I can't tell you how much more enjoyable it is to play the game with your own music. Good reboot.

[quote name='GTR R35']Fellaz,on which console SSX runs better..I'll grab it asap ! thx.[/QUOTE]

People say Xbox version looks much better though can't say how much better. To me graphics doesn't matter when it comes to a game like this. On PS3 during loading screens do sometimes have like a flicker for a few seconds that is annoying but you'll get use to it. PS3 also has Mt. Fuji map that is currently only on PS3 in US. I think the difference isn't that big either way you go. Go with the system you feel you would enjoy it in. I picked PS3 cause I been playing the series since part 1 on PS2. PS controller to me fits better for this game with Classic controls.

[quote name='Justme8800']Might I suggest the title "SSX Snowboarding $39.99"? There are going be a lot of double takes happening until you change it. XD[/QUOTE]

But that's not the name of the game.

This is a great deal. Loving this game so far.

Wow, FIFA Street is mine. Loved the demo, I knew it would drop eventually but who'd have expected this after less than a week?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']People say Xbox version looks much better though can't say how much better. To me graphics doesn't matter when it comes to a game like this. On PS3 during loading screens do sometimes have like a flicker for a few seconds that is annoying but you'll get use to it. PS3 also has Mt. Fuji map that is currently only on PS3 in US. I think the difference isn't that big either way you go. Go with the system you feel you would enjoy it in. I picked PS3 cause I been playing the series since part 1 on PS2. PS controller to me fits better for this game with Classic controls.[/QUOTE]

Preciate for the heads up ;) Exclusive content you mentioned was enough for me to consider.Graphics don't matter,as they both look identical to me.In a situation where I have to choose between 2 consoles I'm more interested on which console is the best experience and runs the smoothest.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Question, have you played any of the SSX games? I love this game and I'm a fan of the series. Not sure if you have read up about the game but there is no Splitscreen multiplayer. There also a different kind of online multiplayer that isn't about racing but more like leaderboards. Don't let that discourage you cause it's addicting the way the game uses it.

And if you haven't yet, play the demo. I feel the game is worth 40 bucks no problem. Also the game supports custom soundtrack. I can't tell you how much more enjoyable it is to play the game with your own music. Good reboot.[/QUOTE]
I have played SSX Tricky. I think I will take a look at the demo. The game looks like good fun, but it is already at $40, will it go to $30 in another couple weeks?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I have played SSX Tricky. I think I will take a look at the demo. The game looks like good fun, but it is already at $40, will it go to $30 in another couple weeks?[/QUOTE]

If EA fixes their shit with their game cards, you could potentially get it for $30 by buying $20 cards for $15 at GameStop.

[quote name='GTR R35']Preciate for the heads up ;) Exclusive content you mentioned was enough for me to consider.Graphics don't matter,as they both look identical to me.In a situation where I have to choose between 2 consoles I'm more interested on which console is the best experience and runs the smoothest.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could give you more insight but I'm going by what I've read. I do own PS3 so I can tell you all about that version. Runs smooth with no problems. The game looks nice to me with the style it is. Still pretty and colorful. Also to be honest Mt Fuji isn't special, but free is free. Added bonus. I will tell you if you play online you will get a lot of friend request. This game is powered by you beating your rivals score. Sounds dumb, but like I said it gets addicting trying to beat someones score who just beat you. From what i read either version will hopefully please you.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I have played SSX Tricky. I think I will take a look at the demo. The game looks like good fun, but it is already at $40, will it go to $30 in another couple weeks?[/QUOTE]
The wackiness from Tricky is still there. If you enjoy that game probably enjoy this. Only thing bad I hear from Tricky fans are levels. There are some good tracks and some with a good amount of pits to fit in the new themes of the game (Deadly Decent). Things like Wingsuit to fly and armor for avalanches. I think they add a nice feel to the game. Try the demo. The demo gives you a good taste of racing and trick. They also force you to learn how to play too. The game has the option for Classic controls similar to Tricky, but the game will try and force new controls on you so heads up. I don't think it will go lower any time soon. A lot of EA games are on sale this week so probably just a sale and not a price drop.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']People say Xbox version looks much better though can't say how much better. To me graphics doesn't matter when it comes to a game like this. On PS3 during loading screens do sometimes have like a flicker for a few seconds that is annoying but you'll get use to it. PS3 also has Mt. Fuji map that is currently only on PS3 in US. I think the difference isn't that big either way you go. Go with the system you feel you would enjoy it in. I picked PS3 cause I been playing the series since part 1 on PS2. PS controller to me fits better for this game with Classic controls.[/QUOTE]

Digital Foundry comparison has the 2 versions pretty much even performance wise, so yeah, I would also recommend just going with your preferred platform.

Kind of kicking myself for picking it up at TRU for 45.99 on release date but its an awesome game nonetheless.

I just really hope EA doesnt mess things up and release a new one every year.

bread's done
Back