- - - - -

Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

#4190 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

A new thread will be created for that in the next week or so. If you want to check out the thread from this past year's league, you can find it here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=308105

Players in the JV League made tremendous strides this year, and most improved their skill enough to hang with a lot of the players in this league (it's my opinion that there are about 8-9 guys in this league who are just insanely good and are almost guaranteed a playoff spot...and after that, most everybody else is pretty even).

Because of that, I made a joke about changing the name from the "JV League" to the "Gentlemens League" this year instead, and ya know...I think I might actually run with it. That's not to say that it won't be a place for people who feel like they're still learning the game. But the bigger emphasis will be on sportsmanship, communication, and sharing tips to help each other improve.

I've also been mulling a few settings changes in an effort to make the games as fair as possible. All these things will be discussed in the thread though before anything is set in stone. So, definitely, anybody who thinks the JV League would be a good fit for them, keep an eye out for the new thread.

#4198 Doomtime   Victor von Doom CAGiversary!   5780 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

http://www.e-athlete...d-careers-mode/

The 2 Minute Drill

This is going to be a long post. The quick, 2 minute summary of the Connected Careers mode is as follows:
32 users - human or CPU controlled
Users control an individual player or team (as a coach)
Salary Cap w/ Free Agency
Real Player Contracts
Rookie Scouting and Rookie Draft with traded draft picks
Get Fired or released from your team
Play up to 30 Seasons
Practice with your team
Player progressions from game to game, season to season (using xp you earn from weekly and season long milestones)
Stories generated each week based on what's happening in the league including trades
Faux tweets from in-game Twitter accounts from sports reporters Adam Schefter, Rich Eisen, and Skip Bayless.
Website/Cell phone App integration

We'll see if EA can pull this off. Salary cap or bust.