Mass Effect (360) - 19.99 at Amazon

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Whoa, whoa, don't start the lynch quite yet. Five year old game and MSRP, but this thing shot up for some stupid reason when ME3 came out. Used games go for over 40USD at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...-20&ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1332220642&sr=1-1&seller=

Start yourself on the trilogy, pick up a sealed copy for the collector in you, or make a comment on my gamertag and the fact I'm posting this topic. Up to you.

Yep. PC is golden when it comes to ME. If you want to go that route, snatch up the collectors edition for ME2 that's been sitting on AWD for weeks.

Thanks for posting this, I was actually preparing myself to pay up to $40 for this game... I want to play through all 3 games from the beginning again.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']Damnit...I've been looking for this, but used, and all the used ones are still more expensive. -_-[/QUOTE]

You prefer a used copy for $20? I'm sure you can have a friend open it and spit inside the case when it arrives.

When checked the prices this morning it really surprised me how much it was selling for. Great find OP, for the people that want it know.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']Damnit...I've been looking for this, but used, and all the used ones are still more expensive. -_-[/QUOTE]

You'll live picking this up new. Technically, getting the platinum edition will give you the 2nd disk with one of the DLCs on it too. You might not pick that up if you go the used route.

I prefer a used copy because I'm currently boycotting them over the ending of ME3...but I don't have the first one on Xbox (I didn't have an Xbox at the time when I got it) and would like to be able to play them in order if/when they release DLC to alter that.

Thanks a bunch OP, I've been looking to get a copy after I sold my CE for a pretty penny recently but couldn't find it in stock anywhere and was going nuts, I just couldn't understand a Platinum Hits game being so hard to find. They must've just gotten these in because I checked Amazon the day before yesterday.

It's pretty nice find, even though I play this on PC, I recall someone complaining that this being hard to find at a reasonable price.

[quote name='GBAstar']Are these being reprinted?[/QUOTE]
It never went out of print, demand just outstripped supply due to Mass Effect 3 being released.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']500+ copies so it's not rare. Interesting they found this many...[/QUOTE]

One of the world's largest online retailers only have 500 isn't exactly a lot... you'd be surprised how fast Amazon can sell through 500 copies of something that is in demand

Wow, thanks OP. I had this and got frustrated at the first vehicle driving level and traded it off. I was looking for a new copy a few days ago and couldn't find one (refuse to pay over retail since I am a CAG after all) So I added it to my Goozex trading list. Now I can get a new copy and attempt to play it again. Wonder if it's a reprint from the publisher or if Amazon ran across some in their massive warehouses.

[quote name='GBAstar']One of the world's largest online retailers only have 500 isn't exactly a lot... you'd be surprised how fast Amazon can sell through 500 copies of something that is in demand[/QUOTE]

They sold 2 between your post and this one. ;)

I doubt they will sell all of these too fast without some SDers buying some batches.

I wonder what Amazon would do if I bought all 532 copies they have left.

[quote name='DaShaka']You prefer a used copy for $20? I'm sure you can have a friend open it and spit inside the case when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say he wanted a Gamestop copy, just a regular used one.

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder what Amazon would do if I bought all 532 copies they have left.[/QUOTE]

Charge your card and ship them to you. :)

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder what Amazon would do if I bought all 532 copies they have left.[/QUOTE]

Only 517 now, they're going fast it seems.

That's what no limit credit cards are for! lol

I'll probably pick up one after I get my $10 gift card for $5 :)

Does one need to play all these games in order to follow it? Or can I just jump into ME2 and move on to ME3? I had ME and sold it as I never got into it really. But just picked up the $5 BB one so figure try to get back into it.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']That's what no limit credit cards are for! lol

I'll probably pick up one after I get my $10 gift card for $5 :)[/QUOTE]

Limit of 3 per account. Hope you have 178 accounts.

[quote name='sdcranford']Limit of 3 per account. Hope you have 178 accounts.[/QUOTE]

Pffft they have 200+ accounts over at SD for the $10 gift card deal.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Pffft they have 200+ accounts over at SD for the $10 gift card deal.[/QUOTE]

Doh! Can you believe I keep seeing that thread, but forgot that's today?!

Thanks for the reminder. In for "XX"! :)

[quote name='jbz']Does one need to play all these games in order to follow it? Or can I just jump into ME2 and move on to ME3? I had ME and sold it as I never got into it really. But just picked up the $5 BB one so figure try to get back into it.[/QUOTE]

If you're not really big into the story you can probably skip it. I don't know if that digital comic is still up on XBL, it kinda tells the story of the first game and lets you make the major choices I think. You can just get that. The first game engine is kinda poor in terms of shooting and there's a heavier RPG aspect to it which is kinda good but kinda bad too as some of the inventory management is really frustrating.

2 and 3 are much more action oriented with a very good shooting engine, very tight like gears of war but they also made it way more fun by adding the Vanguard class which is amazing. Honestly if you wanna feel like the badass Shepard is supposed to be, play Vanguard, you won't regret it.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']I prefer a used copy because I'm currently boycotting them over the ending of ME3...but I don't have the first one on Xbox (I didn't have an Xbox at the time when I got it) and would like to be able to play them in order if/when they release DLC to alter that.

[quote name='K_G']If it makes you feel any better, MS is the publisher for ME1, so MS is going to get most of the money if you buy it new, not EA.

Also the platinum hits version (which is the version amazon is selling) is a better value than the original release since it has a DLC mission (bring down the sky) on a 2nd disk plus some documentary stuff on the development of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the supply for ME1 dried up because it is available for download off Xbox Live, so MS probably felt the market could be satisfied that way without having to share anything with pesky retailers wanting their cut. But now that ME3 is out, they've probably figured some folks actually want a hard copy.

ME1 is really different game than ME2 or ME3. The story works as well as in the other games, but the many game aspects are a bit different and you'll spend a ton of time driving around on planets. People who started out on ME2 or 3's more streamlined/shooterish approach might find the transition ME1's much more RPG approach a bit jarring. Lots of time looking at weapons specs, ammo mods, shield vs powers boosts/cooldown benefits of omni-tools and armors for yourself and your team.[/QUOTE]

Huh...ok, yeah, that makes sense.

[quote name='roymustang']If you're not really big into the story you can probably skip it. I don't know if that digital comic is still up on XBL, it kinda tells the story of the first game and lets you make the major choices I think. You can just get that. The first game engine is kinda poor in terms of shooting and there's a heavier RPG aspect to it which is kinda good but kinda bad too as some of the inventory management is really frustrating.

2 and 3 are much more action oriented with a very good shooting engine, very tight like gears of war but they also made it way more fun by adding the Vanguard class which is amazing. Honestly if you wanna feel like the badass Shepard is supposed to be, play Vanguard, you won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for that info. It helps. You hit the nail on the head with the first one, I couldn't stand the shooting and the RPG aspect of it was too boring for me.

[quote name='jbz']Cool, thanks for that info. It helps. You hit the nail on the head with the first one, I couldn't stand the shooting and the RPG aspect of it was too boring for me.[/QUOTE]

The comic thing is called Mass Effect 2: Genesis, i thought it was free but apparently its 320 points (lame). It lets you make the major choices of ME1 and then import them into ME2

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-2-Genesis/e3ba648a-2828-4009-8f21-ba3fe6ca1dd1

Otherwise there's the free video entitled "The Story So Far" narrated by Martin Sheen which very briefly recaps the events of the first game but you can't make any choices or anything.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Story-So-Far-Trailer-HD/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0035454108ce

[quote name='Busyman']If I'm not mistaken, this includes Bring Down The Sky (not Pinnacle Station).[/QUOTE]
That is correct. It also includes a premium theme and some gamer pics.

The thing is with Mass Effect 1 was it was before the EA buyout and when it was published by MS. Mass Effect 2 was pretty much finished when EA bought out Bioware. Yes ME2 has DLC on the disc in the form of Kasumi voices etc., but the core game was pretty much finished before EA could o much damage. Mass Effect 3 is full EA control and since EA is just as bad as Capcom when it comes to DLC, I fully expect multiple DLCS at $10 a pop to continue after the ending.

I think the switch from RPG lite to pretty much full shooter had to do with going more mainstream. They wanted more sales and better ratings, which they ended up getting going that route along with ditching the mako.

iconbestbuy.gif
Mass Effect 1 pre-owned @best buy - $14.99
Bonus 10% off ($13.50) for GZ unlock members and Free shipping

^Another option for those who want ME1 for the lowest price.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The thing is with Mass Effect 1 was it was before the EA buyout and when it was published by MS. Mass Effect 2 was pretty much finished when EA bought out Bioware. [/QUOTE]

That's completely false, EA actually bought Bioware the month before Mass Effect 1 was released, but at that point Microsoft already had the rights to publish ME1.

I currently have duplicates of the first two games. I received the first Mass Effect for christmas when it first came out. I recently won a copy of Limited Collector's Edition. I'm keeping that baby sealed. Last year I bought Mass Effect 2 for $20, and I recently bought the PS3 copy again from BBY to play the DLC. $5 you cant go wrong. Mass Effect 3 is in the mail. I definitely love this series!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrowVampyre']I prefer a used copy because I'm currently boycotting them over the ending of ME3...but I don't have the first one on Xbox (I didn't have an Xbox at the time when I got it) and would like to be able to play them in order if/when they release DLC to alter that.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I'm hoping for a Special Edition Trilogy with all DLC[/QUOTE]

Unless M$ forks over publishing rights to EA, I think it's unlikely.

As for on topic, remember guys you can use the Amazon Local deal of $5 for $10 AGC and use it on this. I did and only paid $14.99 with 2 day!

bread's done
Back