Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle (Fable III/Halo Reach) $249.99 + $25 Credit at Amazon

Does anyone know from experience, if you purchased the product a mere two days ago, will they credit $25 to your account?

Edit: Yes, they did issue the $25, however, you may have to call to speak a live person instead of emailing or chatting online.

In case anyone is interested: Originally I chatted with a representative and explained my issue - I purchased the same product two days ago was there any way to qualify for that promotion. The representative said nothing could be done. I filled out the survey and whined (okay, just explained I was unsatisfied and why) then clicked on the call me button and waited by the phone. I was then able to speak to a live representative, and less than 2 minutes they issued the $25.00 promotional certificate. So overall, I am happier.

And last but not least (forgot the first time around, busy crying about loss promotions first) THANKS CheapyD! :) I for one appreciate the heads up for this deal, I got a better deal that I expected! Now, I do not have to sit in a corner to contemplate the sorrow of lost deals :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='quirkers']Does anyone know from experience, if you purchased the product a mere two days ago, will they credit $25 to your account?[/QUOTE]

Only one way to find out, talk to customer support. I'm thinking they will give it to you.

[quote name='buster90']I have an old elite from 2007 how would I transfer the date from the old hard drive to a new slim hard drive?[/QUOTE]

You can do it through a USB drive (might be a size limit of 16GB?) or buy one of the Transfer Cables.

[quote name='topplehat']Only one way to find out, talk to customer support. I'm thinking they will give it to you.[/QUOTE]

I just finished chatting with a representative, and they shot me down. Filling out the "survey" and crying that this has not been resolved. I may have to call them to see if they are willing to do it. Not sure if a lower level rep can help.

This particular order has been a b****. I have spoken to a representative 3 times concerning this order

[quote name='quirkers']I just finished chatting with a representative, and they shot me down. Filling out the "survey" and crying that this has not been resolved. I may have to call them to see if they are willing to do it. Not sure if a lower level rep can help.

This particular order has been a b****. I have spoken to a representative 3 times concerning this order

[quote name='topplehat']That's too bad. I know it's ethically gray, but what about a return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]

Had Amazon not come through for me. I may have heavily considered the return/rebuy option. On the initial purchase I got tacked with shipping fees (read bottom if interested in how ;) ) I told Amazon that it was a waste of resources for the both of us for me to return my items only to rebuy (and it seemed silly to have to return something just to get a promotional code that they generate).

I had a previous order that I placed 2 days ago, Xbox Holiday console, ME1, and some $10-$14 games.

I just had everything set for "FREE Super Saver Shipping." Then Amazon offered me 1 free month trial of Amazon Prime. They seduced me, they said just click here and get 2 day shipping free. So I said what could go wrong?

Well, they split up the items, 2 day shipping fees were added to each group (3). I tried to immediately cancel, automated message said, maybe we will let you maybe we won't let you cancel. So I eventually chatted with a representative telling them of my plight. I said,"Please change my order to free super savings, I can wait for the shipment or let me cancel. Amazon issued a promotional code to pay for half the shipping. I wasn't satisfied but I thought if it is already shipped why bother since I was only going to reorder the stuff.

Well that same evening while browsing for sales, I checked my account, the Gift Card balance was $0.00 AND there was a $57 additional charge to that SAME order. So spent an hour online getting that sorted, which required a wait until the next day to see if the changes will take (more shipping fees were taken off.)

So today when I saw the deal on the xbox console, I was like WHAT, I hope they let me have that credit as well. First representative said there was nothing that could be done, but I followed up with a phone call and did get it.

Overall it was a bit of going back and forth. It was slightly annoying and frustrating at first but turned out fine. I ended up with two-day shipping paid off (one time courtesies) with enough bits of promotional credit for future items.

P.S. Just answered the door and got the Amazon - Xbox - package. Yup, all my frustrations melted away :applause:

I caved... I got this same bundle for my little brother for black friday, but recently getting rid of my old slim, I just felt like I needed to pull the trigger on this... I had about 50 dollars worth of amazon rewards points from chase which sweetened the deal... 206 after one day shipping - not too shabby I guess especially since it comes with 3 months of live.

In any case, I have an addiction to spending money. lol

[quote name='buster90']I have an old elite from 2007 how would I transfer the date from the old hard drive to a new slim hard drive?[/QUOTE]

The xbox transfer cable would do it for you. They used to give these away on the Microsoft website. I'm sure you can find someone near you that can give you one if Microsoft no longer ships it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back