Once Upon A Time - Anybody watch this?

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
I've wanted to make a thread for this show for a few weeks now, but wasn't sure how the CAG community would respond to it. It's a very atypical show and the CAG demographic might be very atypical for it as well. But it was one my wife wanted to watch, and after giving it a chance, I've been really impressed with the writing and the general cohesiveness of the story arc.

With all the "doomed before they start" shows that networks roll out year after year, I was skeptical about how this one would fare. But I guess the ratings have been pretty solid, and it's likely to be renewed. Considering the fickle nature of today's television market, it was nice to see something so imaginitive be given a chance, and even more encouraging to see it doing well. I don't know if it's having Disney behind it that made a difference, but to me it's been a pleasant example of a fresh idea being done right. Just curious if anybody else has watched it and what they've thought.

I watched the first one. It is more of an old lady show so really have no interest in it. It is a shame too because between that and Grimm I was hoping one of them would hold my interest.

Haha, well, it's gotten a bit less "old lady-ish" since the first episode. Obviously, the flashbacks are where the real meat of the story is, and I'd even say a few of the characters have shown themselves to be pretty badass. The Snow White story arc is done really well, and some of the things they show you in her past are pretty intriguing. I honestly think it's going to end up being better than the new Snow White and The Huntsman movie coming out with ugly ass Kristen Stewart.

Also, the recent episode with Red Riding Hood's backstory was really good, and had a great twist. I wondered if they were going to be able to hold their own against the Amanda Seyfried movie, and they did pretty well. My wife wondered why Red Riding Hood had to be so "slut-tastic", and I said "Well, after Amanda Seyfried, what choice do they have?" haha.

I have wanted to check out Grimm though. How much does that actually have to do with its namesake? The show description just mentioned a homicide detective and "supernatural" events.

Yeah the changes made to some of the origin stores are actually kinda cool. And Robert Carlyle is awesome.

We're like two episodes behind, but we're watching it. I liked the Beauty and the Beast part. It was a little unexpected, but it was still like, "Well, duh, that makes sense."

[quote name='Clak']Yeah the changes made to some of the origin stores are actually kinda cool. And Robert Carlyle is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Haha, indeed he is. I find myself waiting for his creepy ass laugh in every scene he's in. My wife refers to him as Gollum, lol.

[quote name='elessar123']We're like two episodes behind, but we're watching it. I liked the Beauty and the Beast part. It was a little unexpected, but it was still like, "Well, duh, that makes sense."[/QUOTE]

That's what I like about the writing...the way they tie all the stories together, you can tell some thought went into it. As opposed to the "throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks" approach that a lot of shows have nowadays.

I figured this would be a show that a lot of people would overlook...either because they expect it to be bad or they thought it looked corny. With the finale coming up, I was just wondering how many people it could draw in. I'd definitely recommend anybody at least give it a look.

I always saw this as Disney's rip off of Fables (the comic) 

It's a cash cow. Frozen then Maleficent. Touche Disney.

bread's done
Back