Xenoblade Chronicles + black Classic Controller Pro $64.99 from ShopNintendo

[quote name='Kaiser499']Ooo a $5.00 savings.[/QUOTE]

Got to love the trolls
Don't hate cuz your favorite game sux bro

[quote name='chunlirocks']Got to love the trolls
Don't hate cuz your favorite game sux bro[/QUOTE]

Not a Troll, and how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00? Don't assume stuff.

Oh, and about the game in my sig saying it sucks: Who's the Troll now? I bet you're the one who rated this thread one star too.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Ooo a $5.00 savings.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Kaiser499']how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00? [/QUOTE]
Should had been "Ooo a $5.00 savings!" if you were truly happy.;) Honestly just thank the OP or don't post a remark. Somebody will be interested in the deal like marlboro2. My $0.02.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Not a Troll, and how do you know my post wasn't me being happy that I save $5.00? Don't assume stuff.

Oh, and about the game in my sig saying it sucks: Who's the Troll now? I bet you're the one who rated this thread one star too.[/QUOTE]

Took of the banner pretty quick or just didnt load properly?

I'm not really fond of the golden one. One of my local Walmarts still has Monster Hunter Tri with the black controller. I'm thinking about picking that up.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Took of the banner pretty quick or just didnt load properly?[/QUOTE]

Sig banners only load on a page a few times for whatever reason.

I think I'm going to stick with my GS preorder, if I didn't have a Classic Controller Pro I would have gone with this though.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Sig banners only load on a page a few times for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Only once per page, I'm guessing to save bandwidth and not to clutter the page.

Anyone else disappointed it's not the Red Classic Controller that the UK folk had in their CE?

I'd totally consider if it was, but for a regular black one, meh.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Anyone else disappointed it's not the Red Classic Controller that the UK folk had in their CE?

I'd totally consider if it was, but for a regular black one, meh.[/QUOTE]

Yes!!!! I almost imported it just for that reason but held out. I haven't looked up prices on the controller in a while but I'm sure they are expensive.

Hmm, I don't think the sarcasm invalidates the point. $5 in savings is quite measly for a bundle. Then again I have been enough times to Best Buy to know what try terribly deals "bundles" can have. This isn't the worst of savings, but its far from good.

My question is, will this come as a Special Edition with a large box? Or will they just send a regularly packaged Classic Controller Pro? The wording of the article has hints of both.

If this is a true Special Edition with a bigger box, this just reeks collectibility imo. I mean, only available on Nintendo's online store? I need a Classic Controller too but until I get more info I'll stick with the Gamestop preorder.

[quote name='nitman99']My question is, will this come as a Special Edition with a large box? Or will they just send a regularly packaged Classic Controller Pro? The wording of the article has hints of both.

If this is a true Special Edition with a bigger box, this just reeks collectibility imo. I mean, only available on Nintendo's online store? I need a Classic Controller too but until I get more info I'll stick with the Gamestop preorder.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

My guess is considering its supposed to be a bundle, that it will just be two separate items. I wouldn't hold my breath on it becoming a collectible.

edit: on second thought, it does say special bundle...so maybe it is unique. It also does say limited edition bundle.....but its a regular black controller pro....not even red. Is it really worth it?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']If I have a regular classic controller will I be fine?[/QUOTE]

I thought that the pro controller added extra bumpers. I personally never used the regular classic controller, so maybe I'm mistaken.

Nintendo is calling this a "Special Bundle Version" but there is no mention of any combined packaging. If it's similar to the Zelda Skyward Sword bundle or the European CE, it might be worth having, but there's no indication that's the case.

Is this just for a copy of the game and controller separately, or will it be boxed together? I'd be in if it's boxed together.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']If I have a regular classic controller will I be fine?[/QUOTE]

That's how I played the import. You'll have no problems.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Anyone else disappointed it's not the Red Classic Controller that the UK folk had in their CE?

Yup I got the Skyward Sword Bundle even though I had already gotten WM+ controller. If this was the red controller I'd have jumped all over it no question. Looks like I'll be playing this game with the regular classic controller without the grips then.

Yes, it supports the Wiimote and Nunchuck set-up, just like Monster Hunter did.

GoldenEye 007, even though sold with the Pro, plays better with Wiimote/Nunchuck IMHO.

It all comes down to personal preference. If your not sure how you want to play, pick up a used Wii Classic Controller--if u think you prefer it, then you can flip it and buy a Controller Pro.

I just picked up a classic controller for $5 at a pawn shop a few weeks back so i am not hurting for one, although if this special bundle also included extra stuff like a SE/CE then i would defiantly pick it up.

Even if it's just $5, $5 is $5. If it saved me a $1 i would go for it :p

[quote name='sylveranking']I thought that the pro controller added extra bumpers. I personally never used the regular classic controller, so maybe I'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

No, it only added extra plastic.

[quote name='Nintendonly']No, it only added extra plastic.[/QUOTE]

Ah good to know. Never had the chance of testing them out since I only bought one when the pro came out.

[quote name='sylveranking']Ah good to know. Never had the chance of testing them out since I only bought one when the pro came out.[/QUOTE]

The pro's a lot more comfortable anyways. You dont have to curl your fingers around to hit the zL and zR buttons on the pro

Cosnidering you can only get this in the US at either Gamestop or online at Nintendo (or maybe in their store, I need to check) I'ld say it's nic eof them to be giving a $5 discount. I don't have a controller, I've made do w/ many a Gamecube peripheral to date, but I may have to get this now.

If it matters to anyone, the Shipping for either the game alone or the bundle is $5. Which admittedly is as it should be, but I checked anyway to see if they tacked on another $1 or $2 extra, which happens at places like Monoprice. I'm still undecided though.

Is MH Tri better w/ the controller? I've just beaten that dam first bird boss w/ the wiimote and nunchuck and kinda quit after that. Any other games I could use it with? Brawl or Kart?

Last edited by a moderator:

I am. As it stands, I have a couple CC Pros anyways. I would've bit on a red controller bundle but as it stands, I'll just wait for the game to drop to $20.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Got to love the trolls
Don't hate cuz your favorite game sux bro[/QUOTE]

im not in agreement with the way it was stated but Tales of Graces f is a very mediocre game. Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG to come out in a loooong time and it's super refreshing. Playing Tales of Graces f just reminded me of how generic JRPGs have become in general. we need more entries like xenoblade and last story

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Do you think the game will actually drop to $20? I thought this was supposed to be a limited printing?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Limited/small printing+the hype that this game has made among the community= used copies going for MRSP. Will probably be Radiant Historia 2.0.

[quote name='Halo05']I am. As it stands, I have a couple CC Pros anyways. I would've bit on a red controller bundle but as it stands, I'll just wait for the game to drop to $20.[/QUOTE]

i can almost assuredly state that this title wont drop to 20$ anytime in the near future. printing will be limited, and honestly, the fanbase has become so ravenous for it that the game will sell most of what gets shipped, especially since it will only be at gamestop and on order through nintendo. they wont be mass shipping this to all the major outlets ie walmart, target, best buy.

We'll see. I have zero faith in Wii games selling well that aren't "Carnival Games 9" or "Mario and Sonic suck balls together".

[quote name='Sandrock7383']i can almost assuredly state that this title wont drop to 20$ anytime in the near future. printing will be limited, and honestly, the fanbase has become so ravenous for it that the game will sell most of what gets shipped, especially since it will only be at gamestop and on order through nintendo. they wont be mass shipping this to all the major outlets ie walmart, target, best buy.[/QUOTE]
If the initial printing sells out much faster than expectation, a reprint would be very likely.

[quote name='Stele']If the initial printing sells out much faster than expectation, a reprint would be very likely.[/QUOTE]

Still glad they did that Super Mario All-Stars reprint.

This is like the Monster Hunter Wii CCPRo bundle , only more stupidly priced.

You might as well go to GameStop to get the free art book, and then buy a black CCPRo controller separately. (if you really even need one)

I got Monster Hunter Tri Wii Bundle with Controller & Goldeneye 007 with Gold Controller plus extra 2 black Controller. No need the 3rd controller. I may pick up the game at GS for $40 or less whenever it goes on sale ;)

If this is a limited edition with special box than this will be in much higher demand than the artbook (which will most likely be extremely disappointing)

My advice, get both editions, if the artbook is good, sell the Gamestop copy on EBAY, and keep the artbook. If its bad, get your pre-order money back and enjoy your awesome black classic controller pro.

[quote name='Booj']If this is a limited edition with special box than this will be in much higher demand than the artbook (which will most likely be extremely disappointing)

.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but what makes you think NoA will release this bundle in some "special" box? Any other Wii controller bundles I've seen from them in the past have been packaged in a thin paper box. That Skyward Sword Wiimote bundle comes to mind. They're cheap-aSSes.

[quote name='skiizim']I think I'm going to stick with my GS preorder, if I didn't have a Classic Controller Pro I would have gone with this though.

Only once per page, I'm guessing to save bandwidth and not to clutter the page.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I have the Goldeneye one, but not sure if I want to use that. Might as well, I guess. The artbook is a nice addition, too. This bundle would add a shipping cost to my state, and my GS preorder is paid in full with GS cred :D.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='keine']Good point, but what makes you think NoA will release this bundle in some "special" box? Any other Wii controller bundles I've seen from them in the past have been packaged in a thin paper box. That Skyward Sword Wiimote bundle comes to mind. They're cheap-aSSes.[/QUOTE]

I think that's what he means by a special box. As opposed to just saran wrapping the two items together.

Sent an email to Nintendo customer service about if it comes in limited edition packaging. Here was my response:

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the Xenoblade Chronicles game and Classic Controller Pro accessory are shipped together, but there isn't a unique box or any special packaging. The benefit of buying the bundle is that you save $5.00 by buying the game and controller together. They come in the standard packaging.

Looks like I'll stick with my Gamestop preorder.

[quote name='nitman99']Sent an email to Nintendo customer service about if it comes in limited edition packaging. Here was my response:

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the Xenoblade Chronicles game and Classic Controller Pro accessory are shipped together, but there isn't a unique box or any special packaging. The benefit of buying the bundle is that you save $5.00 by buying the game and controller together. They come in the standard packaging.

Looks like I'll stick with my Gamestop preorder.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Well, there goes my Nintendo preorder.

bread's done
Back