LittleBigPlanet Karting - Out Now - 1/22: $10 on PSN for PS+ until 1/29!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
6858201614_fd8d2195f2.jpg

7004316683_9cae3a6ba0_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTmGUfPvrs

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/22/littlebigplanet-karting-is-coming-to-ps3/
Earlier this year, we cut some cake and popped some champagne to celebrate Media Molecule’s sixth birthday! We’ve had an awesome time during the last six years, seeing how the experiment we started here in Guildford has grown, giving rise to a thriving LittleBigPlanet community. This year will be no different, filled with DLC, plus new experiments from the LBP family for you to play with.

You already know about the fantastic LBP work that Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven Studios are doing on LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita, and now we are delighted to announce today a new LBP collaboration with the hugely talented team at United Front Games who will be leading a new project called LittleBigPlanet Karting! We’ve all seen that UFG has a wealth of racing experience and they’re also intimately familiar with LBP’s cornerstones of “Play, Create, Share.” With LBP’s powerful and diverse toolset in their capable hands, LittleBigPlanet Karting is sure to be an adventure that both LBP fans and kart-racing fans alike will enjoy! We are eager to see what you think of this union and especially excited to see what happens now that you can create in a 3D environment — it’s the start of a whole new LBP world! Have a look at the debut trailer to see for yourself.

Thank you so much for your continued support of LittleBigPlanet! Lots of love!

James Grieve, Sr. Producer, United Front Games

Thank you to everyone at Media Molecule, we greatly appreciate the warm welcome into the LittleBigPlanet family. The team here at United Front Games has long been huge fans of LBP and all of the exceptional work done by everyone at Mm. Sackboy has become one of the iconic gaming characters of this generation and to have the opportunity to make a LittleBigPlanet game ourselves is truly an honor.

It has been a joy to collaborate with all of the folks at Mm. Since the project’s inception, they have been great partners in getting to where we are today. Looking ahead, we can’t wait for all of the LBP fans out there to get their hands on LittleBigPlanet Karting. The LBP community is unparalleled in the gaming world for the passion and creativity they bring and it’s going to be exciting to see where they’re able to take this new journey for Sackboy.

Our goal with LBP Karting has been fairly simple – provide a fast-paced experience that captures the best of classic karting gameplay, married with the unbridled creativity of LBP. This new adventure will be accessible to players of all ages and have all of the variety necessary to satisfy both the hardcore and more casual players.

This is an LBP game, so we could never talk about it without mentioning the Create tools. LBP Karting is set in an entirely 3D world that will enable players to create rich and varied gameplay experiences. Tons of familiar LBP gadgets will be present, along with a new toolbox specifically tailored to allow for building in LBP Karting’s 3D world. Along with fan-favorite racing and battle modes, players will be able to modify the rules of the game itself to create completely new modes and challenges. All of this is wrapped up in a community experience that should have LBP fans feeling right at home.

Well, that’s all for now, but we’re looking forward to sharing more news on this exciting new game in the coming weeks so stay tuned for more info and get ready for the new world of LittleBigPlanet Karting in 2012!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-coming-to-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-701228

On importing LBP DLC costumes and a Vita version:
Hey ArsenaLC, glad to hear you’re excited! We’re currently investigating what’s possible on the DLC costume front and will have an update in the future on this. As for the Vita, currently there are no plans to release a Vita version of this game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-coming-to-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-701245

On load times:
Hi iriihutoR48, the team here hears you load and clear on the importance of load times. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you get your hands on LBPK :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-coming-to-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-701233

On if ModNation Racers creations will transfer over:
Hey Shrapnel__, thanks for the MNR love, it’s much appreciated :)

We’ve crammed so much new functionality into LBPK that bringing creations forward from MNR unfortunately won’t be possible. We can’t wait to see what the community will create with all the new tools available!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-coming-to-ps3/comment-page-2/#comment-701294

On online multiplayer:
Hi dimispe, the game will definitely include online competitive multiplayer, with up to 8 players competing online at once in Races, Battles and other events!

Guess they're ditching Modnation Racers and hoping that the LBP name will help with sales.

At least that's what it looks like to me.

I don't know if I am getting old, or boring, or have depression but most games just seem absurd these days.
Ugh.

Losing interest in something you were once passionate about is discouraging.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I thought they already had this. Modnation racers...[/QUOTE]

That's the exact thing I thought when I read the thread title and I just knew someone had already beaten me to saying it in just the three replies the thread had when I clicked on it.

Not to derail this thread, but for a fan of Mario Kart and LBP would you recommend getting Modnation racers? I'm sure it's pretty cheap by now, is it worth it?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Not to derail this thread, but for a fan of Mario Kart and LBP would you recommend getting Modnation racers? I'm sure it's pretty cheap by now, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

yes and no, its great fun creating tracks and characters, sharing them and downloading other ppls stuff. But the single player campaign is Brutally hard, but it has a good enough story though. Also in my opinion the weapons are decent but not as "fun" as say mario kart or sonic all star racing. So you'll have more fun playing online/couch buddies than with the cpu.

As soon as I read about LBPK, I was thinking of ModNation Racers, too. Also, MNR: Roadtrip did just get released for the Vita. Really though, I actually wanted to see what an Uncharted kart racer would be like, as funny as that sounds. :)

I enjoyed MNR. If they can eliminate the foibles of that game (load times, load times, difficulty/rubber banding, and load times) they could have a really good game on their hands here.

Love me some Kart racing. MK of course, but Sonic All Stars was really solid as well. Hope this brings the MNR series up to that level.

Drifting in MNR felt a bit too floaty for me so I passed on it. This looks awesome though especially with features like battle etc (miss those CTR days).

[quote name='lilboo']I don't know if I am getting old, or boring, or have depression but most games just seem absurd these days.
Ugh.

Losing interest in something you were once passionate about is discouraging.[/QUOTE]
It's like that episode of south park where everything turns to shit

Clearly Modnation was a financial failure, and in order to recoup some of their investment, Sony has decided to re-use the engine and assets but call it LBP Karting. Sony is going to shit. What a joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz1WrYStfpA

So over the next while, my teammates and I are looking forward to revealing more of LittleBigPlanet Karting’s secrets and surprises. Stay tuned for answers to burning questions like:

Can I really make any karting adventure I can imagine? I have a pretty good imagination…
Can Crazy Uncle Larry play LittleBigPlanet Karting with me? He hasn’t played a video game since 1994…
I’ve always wanted to shoot my friends with heat-seeking cows that spew green gas. Can I put that in a race? Please? Pretty please?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/03/littlebigplanet-karting-see-sackboy-behind-the-wheel/

[quote name='Zmonkay']I enjoyed MNR. If they can eliminate the foibles of that game (load times, load times, difficulty/rubber banding, and load times) they could have a really good game on their hands here.[/QUOTE]

A game with amazing potential that was derailed by this exact sentiment. If they fix just those two things, the game would have joined MK as an iconic kart racer. I hope they fix the issues besides just rebranding it.

[quote name='smiggity']Clearly Modnation was a financial failure, and in order to recoup some of their investment, Sony has decided to re-use the engine and assets but call it LBP Karting. Sony is going to shit. What a joke[/QUOTE]Not at all, the PS3 version is a GH & probably over 1 million sales, the PSP version would probably be lumped into the same sales total goals so 1.4 million sold from 1 title(not counting digital sales/DLC). The name MNR just doesn't have the same ring to it as Mario cart & LBP has had more total sales & more market awareness from it's name so I guess it's more a of longterm business move.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...t-karting-sackboy-revs-up-multiplayer-for-e3/

Some info on what they're focusing on at E3 and the pre-order bonus:
With E3 less than a week away, I wanted to take this opportunity to provide a quick update on what you’ll be seeing at the show in Los Angeles. We’ll be unveiling our multiplayer mode, which supports one to four players offline and one to eight players online, and I’m sure you’ll be reading plenty of hands-on reports from the press during E3 week. I can tell you that it’s addictively fun — you won’t want to put the controller down! We’ll also be showing off more of the single-player campaign that users will be able to explore, as well as some of the additional non-racing experiences that are unique to LBP Karting, so get ready!

Secondly, I wanted to quickly thank our friends in the press who have spoken highly of Sackboy’s newest karting adventure. As IGN put it…”LittleBigPlanet Karting is already an incredibly promising step up and a great new direction for the LittleBigPlanet franchise.” To give you a sense of the recent impressions out there so far, here are a few links— Chicago Tribune, Forbes, IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, Game Informer, GameTrailers, Destructoid, Digital Trends, GameSpot, Games Radar, Polygon, GameFan, etc.

Lastly, I wanted to pass along a quick reminder about our pre-order bonus offer. Those who pre-order the game through Amazon or GameStop will receive a bonus voucher code that grants access to the Kevin Butler DLC Pack, which includes the Kevin Butler Sackboy Costume and Executive Golf Kart. Here’s a look…

7303137792_6c16b5f229_z.jpg

7303138078_3248cbd7b6_z.jpg

7303137970_40105609db_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/27/littlebigplanet-karting-beta-coming-soon/

Greetings Sackfolk! The LittleBigPlanet community is about to get another very special treat! In case the opportunity to participate in the LittleBigPlanet Beta on PS Vita wasn’t amazing enough, many of you will soon have the chance to participate in the LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta on PS3!

The goal of the Beta is to get feedback on the overall experience from Sackfolk who understand it like few others – you!

There will be a lot more information to follow, so keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog for details on how to register. For now, though, dust off your driving gloves and prepare to experience the most competitive LittleBigPlanet yet!

[quote name='Enuf']Not at all, the PS3 version is a GH & probably over 1 million sales, the PSP version would probably be lumped into the same sales total goals so 1.4 million sold from 1 title(not counting digital sales/DLC). The name MNR just doesn't have the same ring to it as Mario cart & LBP has had more total sales & more market awareness from it's name so I guess it's more a of longterm business move.[/QUOTE]

Its a move to recoup some of their investment. MNR lost money regardless of 1.4 million sales. Creating that game was certainly expensive

[quote name='smiggity']Its a move to recoup some of their investment. MNR lost money regardless of 1.4 million sales. Creating that game was certainly expensive[/QUOTE]

care to cite sources before spouting bullshit?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...eta-dates-announced-san-diego-game-jam-recap/

Beta dates announced:
I’m happy to report to you all that the LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta will begin next Tuesday, July 10th. Those of you lucky enough to be selected will start receiving codes next week, and we will be sending out vouchers to more people as the test continues through Tuesday, July 31st, so if you haven’t registered yet, make your way over and sign up ASAP right here.

In related news, we recently had a really amazing group of LBP creators join us for an entire week here at SCEA’s San Diego Studio where they were able to get their hands dirty experimenting with LBP Karting’s Create tools. I think it’s safe to say that a good time was had by all, and the participants gave us invaluable feedback on some tweaks that will end up giving you all really great experience when LBP Karting hits store shelves later this year. The LBP franchise has always had a strong community element so it was great to have the people we’re making the game for in our studio face to face talking through their creative ideas and processes. At the end of the day, this level of interaction helps us make a better game.

Big shouts out go to Spider-Jew, JustinArt, LamboLover4898, ConfusedCartman, codibear8383, Crazy_s, and Taffey. We are truly grateful that you all could spend some time with us at our studio – thank you for your continued support. We had an awesome ti-… You know what? I should let THEM tell you about it. Check out this link to read about their impressions on creating in full 3D, some fascinating stories about mad cow disease, what it’s like to work with the team here at San Diego Studio, and something about a save fairy that sounds totally weird.

Thanks again, hope to see you all online next week!

Got mine earlier this evening. Been looking forward to this since it was announced. Got both LBP games platinum'd and ModNation platinum'd, so this will be another one I will get done.

DPR4-R9NF-JPNK

GO GO GO! Let everyone know when its used though. Your welcome!!

Step 1: From the PlayStation®3 XMB, select the PlayStation®Store.
Step 2: Select the 'Redeem Codes' icon.
Step 3: Enter the Beta Voucher Code. Please note that the Beta Voucher Code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
Step 4: Once the Beta Voucher Code has been entered correctly, click 'Next'.
Step 5: Once you accept the terms, you will be taken to the download screen.

Kevin Butler DLC is awesome, I hope they put him in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale too. I think that has been PlayStations best marketing campaign and we need more Kevin Butler!!! Hell, I'd buy a Kevin Butler action figure if they had it.

Ive done the tutorial and one race. This game is very fun and easy to control. Though idk why its in 480p.... Still fun though, might buy it

bread's done
Back