- - - - -

LittleBigPlanet Karting - Out Now - 1/22: $10 on PSN for PS+ until 1/29!

#31 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Signed up, thanks Frisky.

#32 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3585 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Not at all, the PS3 version is a GH & probably over 1 million sales, the PSP version would probably be lumped into the same sales total goals so 1.4 million sold from 1 title(not counting digital sales/DLC). The name MNR just doesn't have the same ring to it as Mario cart & LBP has had more total sales & more market awareness from it's name so I guess it's more a of longterm business move.

Its a move to recoup some of their investment. MNR lost money regardless of 1.4 million sales. Creating that game was certainly expensive

#33 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Its a move to recoup some of their investment. MNR lost money regardless of 1.4 million sales. Creating that game was certainly expensive

care to cite sources before spouting bullshit?

EightBitArtist.png

#34 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

http://blog.us.plays...eel-video-tour/

Anton from the hardware team, who you may remember from the E3 Move demos, details the racing wheel that will work with LBP Karting, GT5, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and Burnout Paradise this fall. There's a lot more to it than the plastic shell that you'd assume it is at first.

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#35 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

http://blog.us.plays...game-jam-recap/

Beta dates announced:

I’m happy to report to you all that the LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta will begin next Tuesday, July 10th. Those of you lucky enough to be selected will start receiving codes next week, and we will be sending out vouchers to more people as the test continues through Tuesday, July 31st, so if you haven’t registered yet, make your way over and sign up ASAP right here.

In related news, we recently had a really amazing group of LBP creators join us for an entire week here at SCEA’s San Diego Studio where they were able to get their hands dirty experimenting with LBP Karting’s Create tools. I think it’s safe to say that a good time was had by all, and the participants gave us invaluable feedback on some tweaks that will end up giving you all really great experience when LBP Karting hits store shelves later this year. The LBP franchise has always had a strong community element so it was great to have the people we’re making the game for in our studio face to face talking through their creative ideas and processes. At the end of the day, this level of interaction helps us make a better game.

Big shouts out go to Spider-Jew, JustinArt, LamboLover4898, ConfusedCartman, codibear8383, Crazy_s, and Taffey. We are truly grateful that you all could spend some time with us at our studio – thank you for your continued support. We had an awesome ti-… You know what? I should let THEM tell you about it. Check out this link to read about their impressions on creating in full 3D, some fascinating stories about mad cow disease, what it’s like to work with the team here at San Diego Studio, and something about a save fairy that sounds totally weird.

Thanks again, hope to see you all online next week!

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#36 Supremacy  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just got my beta code!

#37 Buckeye23  

Buckeye23

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

Just got my beta code!

Via Email or PSN? Hope i get one

#38 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Got mine in my email inbox.

#39 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Git one as well, it was in my spam folder.

#40 Buckeye23  

Buckeye23

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Grrrrrrr still nothing for me. What is the sender's email?

#41 greyzieoriental   is your Daddy CAGiversary!   2375 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

greyzieoriental

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Grrrrrrr still nothing for me. What is the sender's email?

info@sony.messages4.com

Got mines this afternoon.

#42 rpghope18   Never enough RPG's!! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

rpghope18

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Got mine earlier this evening. Been looking forward to this since it was announced. Got both LBP games platinum'd and ModNation platinum'd, so this will be another one I will get done.

RPGHope18.png

#43 Buckeye23  

Buckeye23

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

You're invited: LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta!

Got it today! Woot!

#44 Kevbo887   Defensor Fortis CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

DPR4-R9NF-JPNK

GO GO GO! Let everyone know when its used though. Your welcome!!

Step 1: From the PlayStation®3 XMB, select the PlayStation®Store.
Step 2: Select the 'Redeem Codes' icon.
Step 3: Enter the Beta Voucher Code. Please note that the Beta Voucher Code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
Step 4: Once the Beta Voucher Code has been entered correctly, click 'Next'.
Step 5: Once you accept the terms, you will be taken to the download screen.

#45 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38540 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

I grabbed it.

Thanks!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#46 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Got into the beta. Put maybe 5 hours into it. I like it, but I don't know if I'll get it day one. I will get it one day though.

#47 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Kevin Butler DLC is awesome, I hope they put him in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale too. I think that has been PlayStations best marketing campaign and we need more Kevin Butler!!! Hell, I'd buy a Kevin Butler action figure if they had it.

#48 Buckeye23  

Buckeye23

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Ive done the tutorial and one race. This game is very fun and easy to control. Though idk why its in 480p.... Still fun though, might buy it

#49 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Like most karting games, I suspect this is going to be fun for a little while but not have a ton of lasting appeal.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#50 darrenaero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

darrenaero

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

Must be super tired. Can't figure out where to race. Saw vs. maps , but no race maps

#51 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

terrible rubber band AI?

EightBitArtist.png

#52 Supremacy  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

http://www.gamespot....ta_giveaway_us/

#53 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2013 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

Must be super tired. Can't figure out where to race. Saw vs. maps , but no race maps

The Vs. maps are the race maps. ;)

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

Super Blackout released a while ago on PS Vita for $4.99.  Full PlayStation TV support.

Now working on a PS4/Vita platformer, coming soon.

#54 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

i got into the beta yay...its pretty fun..

#55 Buuhan1   yohohohoho CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Just got a beta invite to this... didn't even know something like this was going on. Looks like they got me in late tho.

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#56 enemyofusall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

enemyofusall

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

If anyone wants my beta code PM me and post here saying you pm'd me so I don't get a million messages AND so a lurker doesn't snag it.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#57 wcl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not to derail this thread, but for a fan of Mario Kart and LBP would you recommend getting Modnation racers? I'm sure it's pretty cheap by now, is it worth it?

One game that i found very similar to Mario Kart was the Cars 2 video game

#58 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

http://blog.us.plays...igplanet-recap/

They've confirmed that outside of three specific costumes, every other costume will work with LBP Karting:

Customization is a BIG part of LittleBigPlanet. Being able to modify your Sackboy or Sackgirl is a way for players to personalize their experience, while also bringing a variety of different franchises and entertainment properties into the LBP universe. We recognize this and have decided that we can’t ask all you LittleBigPlaneteers to fully enjoy the upcoming LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting without an amazing assortment of costumes at your disposal.

So, we’re going to let you bring the costumes that you bought for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 along with you… at no extra cost!

Not only that, but for any new costumes that take your fancy, you will only ever need to purchase the costume once and you’ll have access to it across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting!

If you’ve forgotten just how fabulous you can look in LittleBigPlanet, check out all the costumes we’ve released to date here and have a little window shop, whilst we rush back to LittleBigPlanet HQ and make everything just perfect for you*.

*Here’s the fine print: There are a heck of a lot of costumes and it’s going to take us a little while to get them all tailored, pressed, and packaged up. You will get some at launch and then we’ll be adding the rest later on, but rest assured you will get them!

We’re not going to be able to bring either of the Assassin’s Creed costumes (the Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed Revelations and Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed II) or the April Fools Fragrance Costume (Hessian Sackboy Fragrances) to LittleBigPlanet Karting at this time, but all the other downloadable costumes will be available so there’s no excuse for not turning heads as you gad about and race through the Omniverse.

Also, new trailer:

#59 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I guess that, like LittleBigPlanet, which made me buy a PS3, and LittleBigPlanet 2, I'll be buying LBP Karting on day one as well. I was already excited and the beta helped me get pumped. This news is like the cherry on top of an awesome sundae.

#60 Backlash   www.thecoverproject.net CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Just got this from Amazon on brown Thursday (lol). I mainly got it to play with my 5-year-old, who really likes Mario Kart 64. However, it looks like it's only 1-player local? Can that be right? There's no split-screen at all?