Feedback
20 (100%)
The Games

Reality Fighters (xx/xx/xxxx)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Ultimate-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Logo-602x336.png

http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_vs._Capcom_Wiki

markpoynter.jpg
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is the latest installment in the Marvel vs. Capcom series. The game features characters from Capcom video games and the American comic book company Marvel Comics. It is the fifth installment of the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise, the eighth installment in the Vs. series, the first to be exclusive to consoles, and the second in the Vs. series to use three-dimensional graphics on a two-dimensional battle area. The game is produced and directed by Ryota Niitsuma, who had previously worked on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, and features the same fast-paced, over-the-top fighting mechanics as earlier games in the series, along with new methods of play designed to make the game more accessible to new players. Capcom has promised three-on-three tag team fighting gameplay and a robust plot . The game was released on February 15 in the U.S, February 17 in Japan, and February 18 in Europe.

An updated version, known simply as Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 features 12 new characters, 8 new stages, and updated gameplay. It was released in the U.S on November 15, 2011, November 17 in Japan and November 18 in Europe; less than nine months after the first game was released.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

BlazBlue_Continuum_Shift_Extend_Logo.png

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue:_Continuum_Shift_Extend

As the second major revision of Continuum Shift, Extend will be released for the PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The PS3/360 versions will be released as a standalone disc only, with no DLC upgrade option. The Vita version will be the first portable Blazblue to be virtually identical to the console versions in terms of graphics. Players will be able to transfer their save data between the Vita and PS3 versions, and there will be cross-platform online multiplayer as well. BBCSX will feature Relius Clover as a brand new character, along with the arcade version's latest balance update. Abyss Mode, first seen in the portable versions of BBCSII, will be added.

Story Mode has been revamped, adding additional scenes and dialogue, as well as making some alterations in certain areas. It also includes the two EX stories from the portable versions, a revamped version of Calamity Trigger's story mode which uses CSEX's balance and Story mechanics, and 4 new stories for Valkenhayn, Makoto, Platinum, and Relius. Network mode has been adjusted to allow team play such as 2v2, 3v3 and 2v4, and has also been tweaked from the previous installment. Another new mode confirmed to be included is Unlimited Wars, where the player fights through a gauntlet of Unlimited-version opponents. There are Arcade Sticks for Xbox 360 and PS3 for Japan; other places are yet to be confirmed. The American limited edition version of the game will contain an artbook, a 2012 calendar, and a soundtrack CD. A PSP port has been announced for a May 2012 release in Japan.

Mortal Kombat (5/2/12)

Mortal_Kombat_Logo.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game

Mortal Kombat co-creator and creative director Ed Boon stated developers intended for Mortal Kombat to be accessible to the casual player and more "engaging", with experts on the fighting genre consulted and new features were created to create a deeper fighting experience.
Principal gameplay involves one-on-one fighting in a single 2D fighting plane (at sixty frames per second), although characters are rendered in three-dimension fashion, the intent being to give depth and range to portrayals of various projectiles.

Unlike previous Mortal Kombat games, four buttons on the game controller represent an attack and are linked to a corresponding limb. A "super meter" was also added which can be charged by various actions during battle such as performing a combo or getting hit by the opponent. The super meter can be charged to three levels, with three special actions available. A single level can be used to deliver an enhanced version of one of the character's special attacks; two levels can be used to interrupt a combination attack, and the full three levels allow for the delivery of a special combination attack called an "X-ray move" (also known as "depeche mode"). During this attack, the camera provides an internal view of a defending character and shows bones and organs being broken or ruptured. Extra features include the ability to play as multiple characters during the course of the story, a Fatality training mode (allowing players to practice executing finishing moves),the Challenge Tower, Tag Team fighting and online mode.

The Challenge Tower mode is a single-player option Boon described as "similar to an arcade ladder". It includes 300 specific challenges of various difficulties providing currency rewards upon completion, with players having the option of using in-game currency to by-pass other difficult challenges. Amongst the various challenges are "Test Your Might" (requires rapidly pressing buttons and specific timing to destroy blocks of varying difficulty), "Test Your Sight" (following an object hidden under a cup or skull and revealing the object after a shuffle), "Test Your Strike" (destroying a specific block in a stack) and "Test Your Luck" (battles with certain conditions, such as no jumping) respectively. The four player tag-team feature is an original feature, allowing two players to play together.Characters can suddenly appear on-screen and perform "assist attacks" or "special entry attacks" while the second character disappears.

MK Vita exclusive features trailer

Street Fighter X Tekken (10/23/2012)

X_logo.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sfxt

Street Fighter X Tekken (Japanese: ストリートファイター X 鉄拳, Hepburn: Sutorīto Faitā Kurosu Tekken?) (pronounced Street Fighter Cross Tekken) is a crossover fighting game developed by Capcom. The game was announced at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con International by Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono. The game was released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 6, 2012 in North America and March 9, 2012 in Europe. The game features characters from both the Street Fighter franchise and Namco's Tekken series. As the game is being made by Capcom, with Namco being involved more in the licensing of the Tekken cast, the gameplay will be based on the 2D gameplay of Street Fighter as opposed to the Tekken series, and will feature projectile moves such as the Hadouken. Namco is currently producing their own take on the crossover, Tekken X Street Fighter, which will follow their 3D style of gameplay. The PC version will be released on May 11, 2012 in North America and May 14, 2012 in Europe, and the PlayStation Vita version is set for release in fall 2012.

Seth Killian talks SFxT Vita
SFxT Release Date + Features

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (xx/xx/xxxx)

Dead or Alive 5 Plus (xx/xx/xxxx)

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (4/23/2013)

Divekick (xx/xx/xxxx)

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (xx/xx/xxxx)

-------------

To be continued, contributions welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a copy of MK Vita today - haven't spent too much time with it, but so far it seems really promising. It feels very fluid and the load times aren't too bad. Things look a little pixelish, but that might just be because of all the hoopla from Ed Boon about it being essentially PS3 visual quality.

Also, seems to not need an online pass - that was a big pleasant surprise. Good for them. Hopefully I can take it for spin online tonight and see how it plays.

Finally got that Master of Tasks trophy from umvc3. Yeesh. If anyone has it in their hearts to friend me and fight me as Modok so I can get my shiny plat I'd be much obliged.

No word on SCV, but who knows what wonders E3 will bring.

Once again an impassioned cry for one hapless soul to friend me and play me in umvc3 as modok. You can whoop up on me to your heart's content.

On to the more interesting stuff:

SFxT Vita dated for 10/23/12 - love it or hate it, it's a big ass fighting game with a _ton_ of Vita extras. I've enjoyed my time with it so I'm really looking forward to it. Here's a list of Vita special stuff from playstationlifestyle.net:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...res-revealed-new-screenshots-videos-released/
First,Street Fighter X Tekken for PS Vita will release on October 23rd. The game will have up to three DLC codes for consumers to use:
  • One DLC code comes with the game to unlock an extra 12 fighters, which will boost the game’s roster up to 55 fighters (adding to the core roster of 38 characters and the 5 PS3 exclusive characters included in the game).
  • One DLC code comes with the game to unlock alternate costumes for the core 38 fighter roster.
  • One DLC code is only available via pre-order at select retailers, which will enable gamers to receive free alternate costumes for the 12 extra fighters.
The game will also come with a number of PlayStation Vita-specific features. They include:
  • Front touch screen, rear touch panel, and digital compass support.
  • The ability for players to broadcast their character customizations and pick up the character customizations of other players via Near.
  • “Ad-Hoc Fight Request” can be turned on to battle nearby SFXT Vita players.
  • The ability to exchange replays with other SFXT Vita players after the fight.
  • “Local Battle,” where four friends can face off against each other locally.
  • “K.O. Monument,” a mode which enables players to view the K.O. Monuments that they’ve won from facing other players online.
  • A Gallery mode where players can check out music, movies, sound effects, and voices.
  • “AR Gallery Mode,” where players can take pictures of characters using augmented reality.
The above-listed features join features that have already been announced, such as cross-platform play and data transfer between the PS3 and Vita versions. Capcom isn’t done announcing SFXT Vita features, though — they continue to say that new features and “surprises” will be revealed prior to the game’s release.

I 'm excitied for SFxT on VITA since I haven't played it on consoles...although I'm wondering if I'll like it. It uses the capcom vs. tatsuonko engine right? I kind of wish they would bring Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to VITA because the 3DS version of vanilla Super is busted.

Mortal Kombat VITA is sweeeeet....just recently picked that one up.

Anyone picking up SFxT tomorrow? I know everyone who is a "real" fighting game mastah wants to pour acid all over it but I've found it fairly fun. Feel free to add me to whoop up on me, I have only the tiniest idea of what I'm doing, but I'm going to try to get better!

[quote name='handsomepete']Anyone picking up SFxT tomorrow? I know everyone who is a "real" fighting game mastah wants to pour acid all over it but I've found it fairly fun. Feel free to add me to whoop up on me, I have only the tiniest idea of what I'm doing, but I'm going to try to get better![/QUOTE]

I'm sticking to the the PS3 version but would you mind if I added you to try out the cross play stuff? I'm curious as to how and how well the PS3/Vita works, plus I need to get better at SFxT too :whistle2:k

Noting that Gamestop is selling the ps3 and vita versions for a combined $50.00 (starts tomorrow). Seems like a reasonable price, even with all the negativity around the game.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I'm sticking to the the PS3 version but would you mind if I added you to try out the cross play stuff? I'm curious as to how and how well the PS3/Vita works, plus I need to get better at SFxT too :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I'm sure I'll be on every night this week (after it shows up from Newegg tomorrow) trying it out and I'll report back on the performance of the vita side for the curious. I've had all of 30 minutes with the ps3 version so don't be shy about stomping me.

I really like the vita as a fighting game platform for those of us in the middle that aren't so serious that we have to play on a $200 stick but still sink quite a bit of time in to it. I used to leave umvc3 training mode in hibernate and bring my vita to work. Whenever there was a lull or I just needed a reset I'd pop it open to try out some stuff or whatever and then get back to work.

I would swallow Capcom's/Namco's back catalogs whole if they'd put them up on psn for Vita.

[quote name='dragonjud']Noting that Gamestop is selling the ps3 and vita versions for a combined $50.00 (starts tomorrow). Seems like a reasonable price, even with all the negativity around the game.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you take in to account that the vita version gets you all of the dlc characters for both ps3 _and_ vita, that ain't too shabby. Can't wait to dig in and see why everyone hates it so much.

[quote name='handsomepete']Absolutely, I'm sure I'll be on every night this week (after it shows up from Newegg tomorrow) trying it out and I'll report back on the performance of the vita side for the curious. I've had all of 30 minutes with the ps3 version so don't be shy about stomping me.

I really like the vita as a fighting game platform for those of us in the middle that aren't so serious that we have to play on a $200 stick but still sink quite a bit of time in to it. I used to leave umvc3 training mode in hibernate and bring my vita to work. Whenever there was a lull or I just needed a reset I'd pop it open to try out some stuff or whatever and then get back to work.

I would swallow Capcom's/Namco's back catalogs whole if they'd put them up on psn for Vita.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good! I really like the fact that PS3 and Vita players can play online against each other. Just a shame that UMvC3 doesn't do cross play too. I was contemplating getting the Vita version of SFxT but I can never get used to playing a 6 button fighting game with 4 face buttons. Like when I was playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the GBA, I mapped the mediums to the shoulder buttons and only used light and heavy.

Heads Up:
For SFXTekken Vita, all first-run copies were supposed to come with a code for the 12 additional DLC characters for the PS3 and for the 38 core character additional costumes for both systems. In addition, those who pre-ordered the game from select retailers were supposed to get additional costumes for those 12 additional characters. I didn't preorder at one of those select retailers and got it from New Egg for $29.99 instead. I got an insert for the 12 DLC Characters and the 38 core character additional costumes, redeemed it on PSN and guess what? Yup, good for 12 additional character costumes only.

Checking the Capcom forum, others have had the same experience. Guess I have to call Sony. Dammit!

Hmm, was hoping to buy both for $50 at GS today, but won't bother until I hear a resolution to the problem with the missing 12 characters on the ps3.

[quote name='Decker']Heads Up:
For SFXTekken Vita, all first-run copies were supposed to come with a code for the 12 additional DLC characters for the PS3 and for the 38 core character additional costumes for both systems. In addition, those who pre-ordered the game from select retailers were supposed to get additional costumes for those 12 additional characters. I didn't preorder at one of those select retailers and got it from New Egg for $29.99 instead. I got an insert for the 12 DLC Characters and the 38 core character additional costumes, redeemed it on PSN and guess what? Yup, good for 12 additional character costumes only.

Checking the Capcom forum, others have had the same experience. Guess I have to call Sony. Dammit![/QUOTE]

On one of the previews of the game someone claimed that there would actually be two separate codes packaged in (one to unlock the characters, one for costumes). There's only one now? I needs me some blanka dammit! My newegg preorder is probably sitting on my doorstep right now, I'll check it out over lunch today.

Yes. The voucher states it's for both the 12 DLC Characters and the 38 Alternate costumes. But it's actually just for the alternate costumes for the 12 additional characters. Major screw up. There's no CS number for Capcom and they seem to be ignoring their message boards, so I don't know what to do next about this. I called Sony and they told me to call Capcom at a number that turns out to be out of service. I've sent tips to Joystiq and Destructoid, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Here's the discussion on the Capcom forum:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...treet-fighter-x-tekken-vita-dlc-screw-up?pg=1

Redeemed mine on my Vita and (surprise!), no DLC characters (booted up the ps3 to confirm). Guess I'll get in line for remediation.

Didn't have much time to play, but I will say that compared to umvc3 the loading times are considerably more tolerable and it looks grand. Looking forward to digging in to it tonight.

p.s. the "Ask Capcom" thread on the same topic: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29454959/sfxt-vita-vouchers

Played around for a while last night on sfxt. It seems pretty faithful to the console version. There's definitely some inconsistencies with the networking side of things - try as we might, GO and I couldn't get cross platform invites to work (i.e. there no way to accept an invite from a ps3 player on vita and vice versa). I also couldn't manage to get a single online fight with a good connection to a ps3 player (the one vita player I fought was ok). That could be me though.

Still, good rendition of the game as far as I can tell. I did forget how much it sucks to play 6 button fighters on a controller layout.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Nice!

But I would like SSF4AE also rerelease for Vita...[/QUOTE]

Man, this would be fucking awesome. The 3DS version of SF4 wasn't bad. The Vita can be just as good, if not better.

Been playing a fair amount of PS All Stars this week, it's a lot of fun. I'd certainly avoid paying $60 for it, but keep an eye out for budget prices (it's $20 vita only at GS this week I think).

If anyone wants to play a versus match for the trophy shoot me a friend request.

Also, yes please to a ssfivae port. It was originally on IGN's vita release schedule but mysteriously vanished.

bread's done
Back