Would this work?

True Kronic

CAG Newbie
So I got the broken PS3 version of Silent Hill HD Collection, from amazon....tried to cancel it yesterday but it was too late & shipped.

Now, my question is would I be able to take the game to say Future Shop or Best Buy & exhange it for the X360 version (of course I'd say I lost the receipt)...would they know the game came from amazon when they scanned in the bar code?

edit: it's still in the wrapper

You can just return it to Amazon and eat the $2 postage for the return. Or if you're not comfortable with that, yet are with lying, perhaps your game got "broken" in the mail.

But to answer your question. Yes, what your asking should work afaik. The Silent Hill HD Collection shouldn't have any retailer variants. Its UPC should just be 083717202233.

If I have a vote I'd say screw with FS, they always deserve it :lol:

Ended up sending it back to amazon.ca....its free if you got a printer & lots of tape (via Canada post). Plus I like taping stuff back together.

X360 version is busted too, plus I already own the ps2 originals.Thats good info for the future though....if the 360 version was as good as it should have been, I definitely would've exchanged it at FS.

[quote name='ragnar14']But to answer your question. Yes, what your asking should work afaik.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't think retailers would take exchanges without receipts. Especially since this is for one SKU to another.

That entirely depends on your convincing skills and how nice the CSR you find is. It's not as if you're asking for a return, just an exchange to an identical product on a different system. That's a perfectly reasonable request. I'd honestly say with some average skills you'd have a 75% chance of a swap working.

But really I took the OPs question as "is this possible". If the UPCs didn't match up they'd instantly realize you're pulling something. That's the only catch that could get you in trouble when simply asking.

This is a perfectly reasonable request, but they're not identical products since they scan differently. But the biggest problem is the lack of a receipt. Does FS or BB take exchanges without receipts?

bread's done
Back