The Walking Dead: The Complete 2nd Season LE Blu-ray $69.99

The case looks nice but that's about the only redeeming thing about a lackluster season of what should be a fantastic show. Haven't started on season 3 (2 1/2?) but I hear it picks up big time.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think it's pretty ugly personally but if it matches your decor then go for it.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't want that anywhere that I'd actually have to look at it.

[quote name='shadow17x']The case looks nice but that's about the only redeeming thing about a lackluster season of what should be a fantastic show. Haven't started on season 3 (2 1/2?) but I hear it picks up big time.[/QUOTE]

?? Season 3 starts in October. The first part of season 2 was kind of stale, but the second part of season 2 was awesome. Season 3 will be insane.

2jceb5t.gif

[quote name='dino88']
2jceb5t.gif
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! They should have this in a commercial promoting the Box Set. Get Yours Today!!!!!!!! :applause::lol::lol:

[quote name='Scorch']?? Season 3 starts in October. The first part of season 2 was kind of stale, but the second part of season 2 was awesome. Season 3 will be insane.[/QUOTE]

this. the first part of season 2 was slower than a walker with its legs cut off but it really picked up.

the season finale was definitely the high point of the year.
seeing Michonne and the prison was a real treat for a comics fan.

spoilers about a certain female character:
i hope they kill Laurie off quick next season. i CANNOT stand her. she was barely tolerable in the comics but in the show, shes down right despicable. she tells rick that shane is a problem, and when rick takes care of it, shes horrified. WTF?

[quote name='masterchief2291']spoilers about a certain female character:
i hope they kill Laurie off quick next season. i CANNOT stand her. she was barely tolerable in the comics but in the show, shes down right despicable. she tells rick that shane is a problem, and when rick takes care of it, shes horrified. WTF?
[/QUOTE]
They are talking about the prison arc possibly being Season 3 AND 4 or at least running longer than S3, so odds are she won't die next season. I just hope she dies period and that AMC doesn't skimp on pregnant woman deaths.

Anyway, I know it is just a preorder price, but hopefully the non-SE version of Season 2 gets a lot cheaper. I didn't mind paying $20 around launch for the S1 Blu, but I don't pay $50 for a season of anything.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
They are talking about the prison arc possibly being Season 3 AND 4 or at least running longer than S3, so odds are she won't die next season. I just hope she dies period and that AMC doesn't skimp on pregnant woman deaths.
[/QUOTE]

well, i hope they find the prison in the premiere, find woodbury within the first few episodes, they can do rick losing his hand and michonne being beaten and raped in the midseason finale, and then the siege at the prison as the season finale. now that darabont is gone, theres no reason for them to follow the "slow burn" mantra that he was a fan of.

I bought the digital comics during the recent sale and I'm anxious to find out what happens next but I don't want to pay $10 for each of the next volumes. I didn't watch the second half of season 2 of the show so I'm behind. Thanks for putting up spoiler tags, guys :)

[quote name='Ed_']I bought the digital comics during the recent sale and I'm anxious to find out what happens next but I don't want to pay $10 for each of the next volumes. I didn't watch the second half of season 2 of the show so I'm behind. Thanks for putting up spoiler tags, guys :)[/QUOTE]

I did too and the series is vastly different than the comics. I don't know why people keep predicting what will happen based on the comics.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I did too and the series is vastly different than the comics. I don't know why people keep predicting what will happen based on the comics.[/QUOTE]

well, like you said the two are vastly different but they do have similar major story beats.
rick killing shane, the fact that everyone is already infected, etc.
robert kirkman, the writer of the comics and exec. producer and writer on the show has said that he finds it boring when adaptions are just lifted straight from the source material so he tries to mix it up quite a bit, ie.
shane being alive so much longer in the show than in the comics, characters dying way before their comic counterparts did.

so while i do think they will continue to diverge from the comic, they will reach the same destinations

I've talked with one of the designers of this and he's said that what you cant see here is that in order to open the case and get at the blu-ray's you have to insert the screw driver, so it acts as a sort of lock.

Also who voted this 1 star?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seether254']I've talked with one of the designers of this and he's said that what you cant see here is that in order to open the case and get at the blu-ray's you have to insert the screw driver, so it acts as a sort of lock.

Also who voted this 1 star?!?![/QUOTE]

Todd said it wobbles a bit but never said it comes out. If anyone would know how it operates I assume it would be the CEO of the company / the guy who made horror toy's popular. Also for it to be a lock, it would need to have a lock fitted for a screwdriver. Though there's no standard size for a screwdriver. Plus whats the point of having a lock on it? It's not like you can bolt the thing down and if you did it wouldn't be in your collection.

[quote name='seether254']Also who voted this 1 star?!?![/QUOTE]

I liked your post much better before you edited it.

[quote name='Fire2box']Todd said it wobbles a bit but never said it comes out. If anyone would know how it operates I assume it would be the CEO of the company / the guy who made horror toy's popular. Also for it to be a lock, it would need to have a lock fitted for a screwdriver. Though there's no standard size for a screwdriver. Plus whats the point of having a lock on it? It's not like you can bolt the thing down and if you did it wouldn't be in your collection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the screwdriver merely acts as a handle to lift the head up, it's not designed as a locking mechanism which wouldn't make much sense for something holding a TV season (it's not a safety deposit box or anything).

[quote name='seether254']yes our ever helpful mods.

Anyway heres a link to the post where the guy said that about the screwdriver being used as a sort of lock.
http://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=213919&postcount=15[/QUOTE]

I alerted the post because the c-word shouldn't be acceptable and thrown around so casually. Maybe you were raised differently than me in that respect. Perhaps mommy and daddy threw the word around so easily and you picked it up, or perhaps it's just something you've gained along the way. Either way, it's pretty ugly language and rather immature too.

[quote name='Zaku77']Am I the only one who thinks this thing is hideous? lol[/QUOTE]

Its a zombie's head, what do you want the thing wearing makeup or something?:lol:

[quote name='seether254']Its a zombie's head, what do you want the thing wearing makeup or something?:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lipstick.

M

[quote name='Zaku77']Am I the only one who thinks this thing is hideous? lol[/QUOTE]Nope. I feel the same way. $70, seriously? I'll wait for the $25-$30 range.

[quote name='krashhole']Nope. I feel the same way. $70, seriously? I'll wait for the $25-$30 range.[/QUOTE]

Your post makes zero sense. If you think it's hideous why would you wait to buy it at a lower price? I personally don't buy anything I think is hideous, no matter how low the price is.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Your post makes zero sense. If you think it's hideous why would you wait to buy it at a lower price? I personally don't buy anything I think is hideous, no matter how low the price is.[/QUOTE]Obviously I was speaking on the price of $70 being hideous.

[quote name='seether254']Its a zombie's head, what do you want the thing wearing makeup or something?[/QUOTE]
Who would buy a Joan Rivers head box set?

[quote name='krashhole']Nope. I feel the same way. $70, seriously? I'll wait for the $25-$30 range.[/QUOTE] Good luck, lol. Odds are people are going to sit on these until they're dried up then inflate the price either double or more.

idk this limited edition thing is probably going to be one of those things you try to get rid of at a yard sale for $20

[quote name='masterchief2291']well, like you said the two are vastly different but they do have similar major story beats.
rick killing shane, the fact that everyone is already infected, etc.
robert kirkman, the writer of the comics and exec. producer and writer on the show has said that he finds it boring when adaptions are just lifted straight from the source material so he tries to mix it up quite a bit, ie.
shane being alive so much longer in the show than in the comics, characters dying way before their comic counterparts did.

so while i do think they will continue to diverge from the comic, they will reach the same destinations[/QUOTE]

except carl kills shane not rick, so that's not right..... unless of course you mean who kills zombie shane. Which would be rick. But then you'd still be wrong because you said it was the same as the comic which isn't the case. I wouldn't be such a stickler about this if it wasn't so important. I'm a huge carl fan and this is his first kill so it sets him up to be the badass he is. The producer of the show actually wanted shane dead in the first season. But when he found out he only had 6 episodes they saved it for season 2. Dale died far too early

Also on an unrelated note. Robert kirkman is a hilarious dude. invincible is worth checking out too if you don't already read it.

[quote name='Rumors']
except carl kills shane not rick, so that's not right..... unless of course you mean who kills zombie shane. Which would be rick. But then you'd still be wrong because you said it was the same as the comic which isn't the case. I wouldn't be such a stickler about this if it wasn't so important. I'm a huge carl fan and this is his first kill so it sets him up to be the badass he is. The producer of the show actually wanted shane dead in the first season. But when he found out he only had 6 episodes they saved it for season 2. Dale died far too early

Also on an unrelated note. Robert kirkman is a hilarious dude. invincible is worth checking out too if you don't already read it.[/QUOTE]

Invincible is way better than the walking dead. I wish they would just make a movie already.

bread's done
Back