Deus Ex, Dead Island New:19.96FS @Fry's

[quote name='PCWONK']Thanks OP, but it's still $10 w/free shipping at Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

For the people that want it new. And btw I ordered from game fly first last week but the game they sent me didn't work, so 20 brand new sounds good to me. :)

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Since it looks like this is becoming the "Deus Ex HR deals thread," PC version is $7.50 on Steam for another 12 hours or so.[/QUOTE]

It's nice having a PC that can play all of those games. Cheap man's dream!

Is this printed in this weeks ad? Thinking about getting it PM's at best buy since I have a $25gc. Except they always hassle me when I try to PM without an ad >_>.

[quote name='Driver121113']For the people that want it new. And btw I ordered from game fly first last week but the game they sent me didn't work, so 20 brand new sounds good to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey if you're into spending twice as much for the same product, knock yourself out.

Why would anyone want it new when the games from Gamefly are in excellent shape 99.9% of the time? Also it's $10 cheaper. I've never had a problem with the games I got from Gamefly, never. And I always recieved any online passes/bonus dlc with every game I bought used there.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']No free shipping for the 360 version, BLAH![/QUOTE]

That's odd I just ordered about 10 mins ago and I got free shipping. Edit: Looked again must be out of stock.

And PCWONK, I have nothing against Gamefly. I've bought a few games from them and in my experience over half the games I've gotten have been badly scratched. Also like I said I attempted to buy it from them for 10 and it didn't work.

As for buying it new, some people just don't like buying used games.

[quote name='Driver121113']That's odd I just ordered about 10 mins ago and I got free shipping. Edit: Looked again must be out of stock.

And PCWONK, I have nothing against Gamefly. I've bought a few games from them and in my experience over half the games I've gotten have been badly scratched. Also like I said I attempted to buy it from them for 10 and it didn't work.

As for buying it new, some people just don't like buying used games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over a silly video game. But you're not doing the board any favors by suggesting that someone should over pay for something that is cheaper, by half as much, somewhere else. New OR used.

[quote name='FadeToOne']This is already in the Fry's ad thread. Dead Island is $20 too.[/QUOTE]

Alright sorry for the repost, and thanks for the heads up on Dead Island.

Ok, PCWONK... I'm not entitled to my own opinion got ya.

[quote name='PCWONK']Hey if you're into spending twice as much for the same product, knock yourself out.

Why would anyone want it new when the games from Gamefly are in excellent shape 99.9% of the time? Also it's $10 cheaper. I've never had a problem with the games I got from Gamefly, never. And I always recieved any online passes/bonus dlc with every game I bought used there.[/QUOTE]

Used are crap in my opinion. I'd spend the extra 10$ to get it new.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Used are crap in my opinion. I'd spend the extra 10$ to get it new.[/QUOTE]

$10 or less is my price point for games. New or used doesn't matter to me. I have a lot of games to play right now so I don't kind adding a game to the backlog for a lower price instead of buying a higher priced game, and letting it sit there on my shelf. Just bought El Shaddai from them ($10) and it came in like new condition. Just my two cents.

Can anyone comment on the quality and replayability of Dead Island? It seems like it was hyped up and then kind of faded away quickly. I seem to remember a review saying that it was best to play it with friends. If that's the case I will wait until it is $10 or less, because none of my friends are playing it.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Can anyone comment on the quality and replayability of Dead Island? It seems like it was hyped up and then kind of faded away quickly. I seem to remember a review saying that it was best to play it with friends. If that's the case I will wait until it is $10 or less, because none of my friends are playing it.[/QUOTE]

The game was fun for the ~40 hours it took the first time, but the replayability is crap IMO. The story is identical regardless of which character you pick as far as I can tell, and New Game+ hasn't been that great because you don't find much better weapons or anything that really makes playing it again worth it.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Used are crap in my opinion. I'd spend the extra 10$ to get it new.[/QUOTE]

Well it's obvious you've never bought a used game from GameFly then. Their discs are in mint condition and always come with unused codes for the game (online passes, etc). But hey, if you want to pay 50% more for a game just because it's new, well that's your business.

[quote name='PCWONK']Well it's obvious you've never bought a used game from GameFly then. Their discs are in mint condition and always come with unused codes for the game (online passes, etc). But hey, if you want to pay 50% more for a game just because it's new, well that's your business.[/QUOTE]

its obvious you dont know what mint condition means. the cases are mint because they dont rent games with the cases. after a disc is rented back and forth through the mail in a paper sleeve a few dozens times there is no way it can be mint.

why do you care if someone prefers buying something new?

[quote name='Jurassic425']Can anyone comment on the quality and replayability of Dead Island? It seems like it was hyped up and then kind of faded away quickly. I seem to remember a review saying that it was best to play it with friends. If that's the case I will wait until it is $10 or less, because none of my friends are playing it.[/QUOTE]

I played through the whole campaign single player, and it was a blast. Huge game, too, if you try to do all the sidequests...think it took me around 40-ish hours. Had a friend join in for an objective or two, and multiplayer is also great and really well done. I'd say replayability is tied to multiplayer since the campaign is the same the second time through, but there's so much content and fun to be had that it's totally worth it either way.

[quote name='PCWONK']Well it's obvious you've never bought a used game from GameFly then. Their discs are in mint condition and always come with unused codes for the game (online passes, etc). But hey, if you want to pay 50% more for a game just because it's new, well that's your business.[/QUOTE]

ok we get it, you're poor. move on already.

Sorry to tell you games from gamefly are not always mint, and can't be anyway bc as someone else said they're used games. I don't mind used but always buy new if possible. Buying new supports developers which is important if you like games and it's always nice to have something new.

You're bordering thread crapping imo and you're obviously a really "cheap ass" gamer if $10 is that huge to you. Maybe you should pick a different hobby, as gaming isn't the cheapest and you appear to want something for nothing.

I used the Frys ad to pricematch both Dead Island and Deus Ex for PS3 at Target and pricematched a third game to another store's ad ... all down to $19.9x each ... then it stacked with their Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Approximate price ... $13.33 each.

[quote name='flix1']I used the Frys ad to pricematch both Dead Island and Deus Ex for PS3 at Target and pricematched a third game to another store's ad ... all down to $19.9x each ... then it stacked with their Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Approximate price ... $13.33 each.[/QUOTE]

Nice

[quote name='PCWONK']Hey if you're into spending twice as much for the same product, knock yourself out.

Why would anyone want it new when the games from Gamefly are in excellent shape 99.9% of the time? Also it's $10 cheaper. I've never had a problem with the games I got from Gamefly, never. And I always recieved any online passes/bonus dlc with every game I bought used there.[/QUOTE]

Did it ever occur to you that some CAGs purchase NEW games as gifts for others? Stop being a jerk and discouraging other CAGs from posting.

[quote name='flix1']I used the Frys ad to pricematch both Dead Island and Deus Ex for PS3 at Target and pricematched a third game to another store's ad ... all down to $19.9x each ... then it stacked with their Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Approximate price ... $13.33 each.[/QUOTE]

If I may ask: What is the third game you pricematched?

Thinking of trying the B2G1 FREE thing.

bread's done
Back