Resident Evil 5 CE $59.99

It's been that price on their website for quite some time; I was going to place an order for the 360 version because I already have the PS3 version but decided against it.

I suppose the value in the resale market might go up as the release of RE6 approaches

Seems like nowadays CE's just aren't as rare as they use to be :/ They produce way too many and if they have more demand they just reprint it...

[quote name='technicalstylez']i got that thing for 20 new on ebay a couple yrs ago..crazy ppl are bidding 60 for it now[/QUOTE]

Well... MSRP was $99.99 I believe... and RE is a popular franchise... and although this might not qualify as "rare" I haven't seen it in circulation in quite some time

I havent seen these in a long time. The kmart on 34'th and broadway has a load of collectors editions laying around the gaming area so i wouldnt be surprised if they have this lol

wow. this was a mediocre ce at release, and it really hasn't held up well. the redman figure and other physical items are cheaply made. all the dlc and move support can be found on re 5 gold edition.

i guess the steelbook is cool. i'd like to buy the steelbook for $10, so i guess i wouldn't pay more than $10-$15 for this ce.

and i wouldn't play this version of the game either since i need the gold ed. to use my move sharpshooter.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Got this for $20 sometime last year from Sears.[/QUOTE]
now that sounds like a solid deal to me. this was a mediocre ce at release, and it really hasn't held up well. the redman figure and other physical items are cheaply made.

i guess the steelbook is cool, although i'd prefer it to be blu-ray size. i'd like to buy the steelbook for $10, so i guess i wouldn't pay more than $10-$15 for this ce. and i wouldn't play this version of the game either since i need the gold ed. to use my move sharpshooter.

ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN BUY THE STEELBOOK SEPARATELY ANYWHERE? AND AT WHAT PRICE?

cap_011_ps3_collpack_box_bob_stuff425.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']It's been that price on their website for quite some time; I was going to place an order for the 360 version because I already have the PS3 version but decided against it.

I suppose the value in the resale market might go up as the release of RE6 approaches[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a "collector's edition", not a "limited edition" so they made you no promise that there will be limited numbers. I would never buy a collector's edition for this price, inevitably collectors editions come down to the 20-30 price range as they take up tons of space and company clearance them out.

I bought this as part of a buy 1 get 1 50% deal from BBY. Paid 60 for Killzone 2 and got this for 45. The Tricell bag is perfectly sized for carrying nerf ammo, and even a smaller nerf gun. The Chris figure is maybe 3 or 4 inches tall and mine came with his arm completely out of the socket. :(

Also, I guess it bears mentioning that the box and steelbook are full DVD height, even for the PS3 version. The box also has the old red PS3 band on the spine as well.

[quote name='typical guy']I would never buy a collector's edition for this price. . .[/QUOTE]

I guess that I should have waited on that Skyrim C.E. earlier this week, but all the GOTY awards it got resulted in a rare lapse of judgment.

[quote name='JoshTX']What's the "bonus disc" all about? I'm guessing making-of footage or developer interviews?[/QUOTE]

You guessed right. And you can watch it on youtube. Alot of these behind the scenes bonus discs are obsolete thanks to youtube.

[quote name='Cmw7290']Seems like nowadays CE's just aren't as rare as they use to be :/ They produce way too many and if they have more demand they just reprint it...[/QUOTE]

It used to be that Sony ones were the rarest. Nowadays they ARE overproduced. I just picked up the Skyrim CE for $60 just last night, and a bunch of CEs were restocked at many gamestops. Duke Nuken, Dark Souls, Atelier Rorona, and more.

Wow, really? $60 for a 3 year old games CE? Yeah, no. Hell I bought the Gold Edition for $16 two months ago.

[quote name='PublikDefender']now that sounds like a solid deal to me. this was a mediocre ce at release, and it really hasn't held up well. the redman figure and other physical items are cheaply made.

i guess the steelbook is cool, although i'd prefer it to be blu-ray size. i'd like to buy the steelbook for $10, so i guess i wouldn't pay more than $10-$15 for this ce. and i wouldn't play this version of the game either since i need the gold ed. to use my move sharpshooter.

[/QUOTE]

well i found this one for 18+shipping on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resident-Ev...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item5ae5e06c2a

Considering the Gold Edition Includes all the DLC, move support, and a sweet shiny slip cover; I can see why this has been molesting self space for quite awhile now. What I don't like is how major retailers allow games to do so and never mark it down for months even years.

Also the Steelbook looks like trash. AvP, DMC4, and the new Assassin's Creed 3 steelbook are dope as hell. UC3 is eh I hate when they don't put artwork from the game and instead some simplified junk like a 5 or in UC's case a ring.

[quote name='FatherChesz']I bought this as part of a buy 1 get 1 50% deal from BBY. Paid 60 for Killzone 2 and got this for 45. The Tricell bag is perfectly sized for carrying nerf ammo, and even a smaller nerf gun. The Chris figure is maybe 3 or 4 inches tall and mine came with his arm completely out of the socket. :([/QUOTE]

Exactly. My figure fell apart in about a week and no I don't play with them. Really crappy quality. Even the BBs exclusive DC figure that come in the BDs are better quality. The only good thing about this set is the steelbook. Just awesome :whistle2:D

[quote name='PublikDefender']now that sounds like a solid deal to me. this was a mediocre ce at release, and it really hasn't held up well. the redman figure and other physical items are cheaply made.

[/QUOTE]

You might find a GS somewhere have the tin at the normal used price from someone who traded it in.

why is this 5 star? Game is old and the gold edition is out. I bought this at launch and the extras sucked except that steel case. I have seen many GS selling this game with the steel book so check it out if you want just that.

I paid $20 for this when it was clearanced out at Best Buy YEARS ago. I honestly wouldn't pay a dollar more. I use the bag often but everything else about the CE was really meh (except the metal case, of course). The figurine is probably the worst part of the CE. Looks horrible, imo.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i guess the steelbook is cool, although i'd prefer it to be blu-ray size.[/QUOTE]

But it is blu-ray sized.

bread's done
Back